Bears Den -- Week #11

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears Den — Week #11

Bears lose to Jets 31-10. Worse than that, Mooney was injured and out for the season. Maybe same with Eddie Jackson. Reiff and Borom injured during the game. Brisker and Gordon were both out for concussions. Fields is out with shoulder injury. No point even talking about this game.

Over on my Bears forum all the talk, as you might guess, is about tanking the rest of the games to try to get the #2 pick in the draft.

Interestingly, the Seahawks are involved in this. If Denver keeps losing the Bears and Seahawks could be in competition for the #2 and #3 picks. About half of us want to use the pick to draft Anderson or Carter (that’s where I am). Others want to trade down to some team offering us a Trey Lance kind of deal for a QB.

Have you guys looked at the situation with the Rams. The Lions will get their pick and probably not take a QB (my guess). If the Rams could win a couple more games and Denver keeps losing, that could jump the Lions over the Seahawks. Seahawks have two games with Rams. If the Rams win even one of these games, it could flip the draft positions.

Anyway, what do you think the Seahawks would do with the #2 or #3 pick?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
whether 2, 3 or 4 they’re gonna pick a de or dt.

Question for ya on fields. Would you say he’s becoming mobile bc he fails to pass from the pocket?

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
whether 2, 3 or 4 they’re gonna pick a de or dt.

Question for ya on fields. Would you say he’s becoming mobile bc he fails to pass from the pocket?
Two reasons. The offensive line and wide receivers on this team are so bad that he has no choice. Second, and related to the first, Getsy put designed QB runs into the game plan. Before Herbert’s injury, this was working for 250 rushing yards and 30 points per game. With upgrades to the OL and WR positions in 2023, the offense will be more balanced….like Ravens and Eagles.