Bears Den -- Week #13

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Well, Rodgers still “owns” the Bears, but the Bears put up a good fight, especially considering that the whole secondary was out for this game. Rodgers had 58% competition rate for 182 yards, one TD. Hell, that would be an excellent performance even if we had Gordon, Brisker, Jackson, and Vildor back there. What’s more, they did this despite our pitiful defensive line often giving Rodgers all day to find a receiver. If anyone is open, he’ll find them.

2023 Draft Watch:

I have been campaigning for WR1 in first round for weeks. That was before it appeared that we have a realistic shot at #2 or #3. Looking at non-QB at that draft position, Anderson and Carter are the top picks on every mock draft I have seen. My hope is that the Bears get one of them and the Seahawks get the other one. Granted that Bears need more on the OL and WR positions, the absolute worst unit on this team is the defensive line. Anybody honestly has to admit that at this point. The OL gave up zero sacks yesterday, and not a lot of QB hits, and they are very good run blockers. We just need to replace Mustifpher and add another guard.

There is no Ja’Mar Chase WR in this draft. Everybody says Johnston is the best in class. I scouted him again Saturday. Overall, I thought Brents did a good job covering Johnston.. Johnston is not a polished route runner. He relies mostly on his size and speed. If you want to stop a fast 6-4 WR, cover him with a fast 6-4 cornerback like Brents or Woolen. It looked to me like Brents was expecting help from the safety on the deep post over the middle that Johnston caught. That was the only play all day that he got any significant separation from Brents. I had to downgrade Johnston a bit after this game. Now I need to see him beat some good DBs in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong. I still want a WR1 candidate in the second round, but it would be a huge reach in the first round at #2 or #3. Now if the Bears somehow win a couple games and drop too low to get Anderson or Carter, then WR1 is back on the radar. But so is Skoronski (RT).

I wonder about Claypool so far. He had 28 yards and a fumble yesterday. How long should it take for him and Pringle to learn the damn playbook? Poles is trading the #35 or #36 pick in the draft for him. He is supposed to be better than anybody the Steelers can draft at that position. Really?

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
Mah **** the Bears (i mean mainly the ownership) the only thing they're winning is the draft position other than the Texans and those assholes need to win a few more so denver (Seattle) can get the #2 pick.

I also Feel that the ownership is the problem. Nagy wasn't an issue prior after all the KC Chiefs wouldn't have Mahomes if it wasn't for Nagy. He gave Mahomes some plays to study in the draft process so when Coach Andy met with him, he was impressed and drafted him, and being he was the OC... the offense ran great. And look where he's at now? Back in KC but as the QB Coach.

Nagy was ran out of town by ownership and a dumbass GM. And so far, other than Fields carrying a hobbled together team to the best he can the current Coach suck ass. I keep hearing about it from my in laws (all bears fans) and they sound like abuse victims who keep getting going back. the GM no clue other than so far? Jack shit. Pace wasn't that bad (Falcons look pretty decent there too) but ownership keeps butting in and interfering with everything. Pace and Nagy if they would've been able to do what they wanted with the ownership wanting to step on their toes constantly different outcome this season. But the results are similar, ownership interferes and crap sucks.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Mah **** the Bears (i mean mainly the ownership) the only thing they're winning is the draft position other than the Texans and those assholes need to win a few more so denver (Seattle) can get the #2 pick.

I also Feel that the ownership is the problem. Nagy wasn't an issue prior after all the KC Chiefs wouldn't have Mahomes if it wasn't for Nagy. He gave Mahomes some plays to study in the draft process so when Coach Andy met with him, he was impressed and drafted him, and being he was the OC... the offense ran great. And look where he's at now? Back in KC but as the QB Coach.

Nagy was ran out of town by ownership and a dumbass GM. And so far, other than Fields carrying a hobbled together team to the best he can the current Coach suck ass. I keep hearing about it from my in laws (all bears fans) and they sound like abuse victims who keep getting going back. the GM no clue other than so far? Jack shit. Pace wasn't that bad (Falcons look pretty decent there too) but ownership keeps butting in and interfering with everything. Pace and Nagy if they would've been able to do what they wanted with the ownership wanting to step on their toes constantly different outcome this season. But the results are similar, ownership interferes and crap sucks.

Virginia McCaskey is about 100 years old (literally), so Mother Nature is going to finally cause an ownership change soon. I won’t bore you with all the speculation about that question.

Anyway, I am there with your in-laws Bears fans. This year has been absolutely miserable for Bears fans. Poles inherited team with a lot of holes on the roster, and proceeded to make it much worse for the sake of getting his $115 million cap space and a top-5 draft pick. I keep telling people on the Bears forum that this is not a normal “rebuild” like the Seahawks did trading Russell and Wagner. They don’t want to hear it. He is going to have to score a lot of “hits” in free agency with his $100 million plus land Anderson or Carter in the draft and also find some gems in the later rounds like the Seahawks did in 2022. Is it possible? Sure. But Poles is going to have to be a really good GM to pull it off. So far, I haven’t seen a lot of evidence, but his big move comes in 2023.