Brandon Marshall: Saints should go get Russell Wilson

John63

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":2sarol7p said:
FearTheHawk":2sarol7p said:
I'd love to ship Russ to NO for draft capital or maybe Kamara/Hendrickson/someone on the O-Line. Then go sign Kaep. Can't be worse than Russ was for 12 weeks.
:34853_doh:
The level of stupid in this thread!

Its not just this thread.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
getnasty":2lurpxrp said:
Sports Hernia":2lurpxrp said:
getnasty":2lurpxrp said:
Sports Hernia":2lurpxrp said:
Not going to happen. But Payton would be a better fit than “Pete Ball” for Russ.

Yeah he was able to win how many title with Brees?
The same amount as Pete. Brees and Russ are two different types of QB’s, but then again, you knew that.

The point is you'll bag on Pete but praise Payton yet they have the same amount of title's, and Payton has been with a better QB for a longer time. If Russ and Brees are different Quarterbacks what makes you think Russ would do well with Payton.

The Saints had a flawed team for several years with Brees, in his prime. And I could argue Wilson has had a more consistent career than Brees. And would surpass Brees by the end of his career.

Payton would have a QB that’s more mobile, and can run a more explosive offense. It would absolutely work. Wilson has been carrying worse than what the Saints have for years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This ^
You would think that after 9 years, people would actually see this. Let alone know what Russ had done with a lot less. But, taking pot shots at the guy and blasting him on a personal level over and over again has become the norm. Can he play better? Absolutely. But the 24/7 Russ sucks thing has become old and tiresome...…

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Russ's numbers were literally identical to Drew Lock for 12 weeks. So I don't understand how Seahawks fans continue to put him on a throne. From what I watched, he was consistently terrible for much of the season, bad coaching or not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Consistently terrible? Ok, I see things haven't changed on here...…..just literally making stuff up :?

4212 yards passing
Just under 69 percent completions (with a LOT of throwaway's and dropped passes)
40 TD, 13 picks.
All behind swiss cheese pass blocking, horrific play calling that neutered him, and all those drops and throwaways.

Yeah, what a horrible season...…..

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I'm also tired of the constant God speak and the same press conference answers for the last decade. The guy need to step up and bring fire. I don't want to hear excuses. He's getting paid 35 mil. Is some of it coaching? yes. But some of it is also DEFINITELY on Russ.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tq3t7pei said:
Consistently terrible? Ok, I see things haven't changed on here...…..just literally making stuff up :?

How am I making it up? Go look at the stats. The numbers don't lie. After week 6, Russ's numbers were garbage.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I'm sick of Seahakws fans blaming the O-line lol. We've had a much worse O-line for the entirety of Russ's tenure. He didn't play well this year. He had inflated stats during the first 6 weeks and that's it. So giving me stats for the year means nothing. He had a horrendous playoff game and to me, that's what is most telling. That's when he's supposed to be at his best.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. Just more Russ sucks talk. Exactly why I stopped talking about this subject.
Have a good day, you've already made up your mind. :irishdrinkers:

John63

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3q2p38h0 said:
I'm also tired of the constant God speak and the same press conference answers for the last decade. The guy need to step up and bring fire. I don't want to hear excuses. He's getting paid 35 mil. Is some of it coaching? yes. But some of it is also DEFINITELY on Russ.

good bye.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3f3dmmxt said:
I'd love to ship Russ to NO for draft capital or maybe Kamara/Hendrickson/someone on the O-Line. Then go sign Kaep. Can't be worse than Russ was for 12 weeks.
You lost all credibility with this one.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I feel like it's everyone else who has lost credibility. Did we watch the same games? I don't understand the undying love for Russ on this forum.

rcaido

Reaction score
Russ went 6-2 first half & then 6-2 second half. We are division champions.

I mean Russ struggled a bit but he played almost exactly the same he had done for the past 9 years. His first 6 games were historic and no way anyone could have maintain that. We still won games and that's what is important, not Madden stats. He had a bad playoff game and his worst game during the regular season just happen to be against the Rams too. Maybe coordinators can gameplay something that isn't the same thing over an over.

Lawke

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":1xxprmy8 said:
I feel like it's everyone else who has lost credibility. Did we watch the same games? I don't understand the undying love for Russ on this forum.

Undying love for russ? Outside of like 2 or 3 people it feels more like the majority either are "meh" on russ or dont think hes been very good, so i dont know where youre getting this whole "undying love" nonsense from. Also, what does "god speak" have anything to do with football? Weird. And have you not watched press conferences from like 90% of the other top shelf QBs? Because its pretty much exactly the same stuff. And thinking that the seahawks cant do worse than post week 12 russ is an embarrassing take. Unless russell wilson was literally dead last in the league since then, and if so please show the stats that say that.

As for brandons take, im more curious as to whether or not this possibly came from russ to brandon and hes being the mouthpiece for it. There was a follow up segment where they talked about this subject and from BM himself saying that he still talks to players/people from the organization (but also pointed out he didnt to talk to russ specifically about this subject) so im more wondering if it was just BM shooting in the dark or if he has some inside knowledge to some of the going ons (and he very well might)

Would russ wave his no trade to go to the saints or another team? Possibly. Would the seahawks be a better team for it? Guess that would depend on how confident you are in PC ability to get a QB who can provide similar production to what russ has done in his time in seattle AND be able to rebuild a defense on the level of the LOB. Now, since you think russ is the worst post week 12 that part should be easy, but that still doesnt answer whether pete could rebuild another legendary defense, with less draft capitol, and in league significantly more biased to offense and passing. Personally, i would be interested to see how russ would do in a different system, and id like to see pete with another QB and see how it ends up. But id have the feeling that the seahawks could end up in a worse position than "post week 12" russell wilson.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Russ is a first ballot hall of fame QB. the level of stupid on this board is clown level.

Rat

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":38np3w3n said:
Russ is a first ballot hall of fame QB. the level of stupid on this board is clown level.
I don't think anyone would dispute that. The issue is that he didn't play like a HOFer over the second half of the season, and people are wondering whether it's an exception or a new trend. Hopefully, the former, although we all knew his legs would start to fall off at some point.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I doubt greatly that the legs have fallen off. He can still run pretty well when he has to run.

I suspect RW has been told to not run unless absolutely essential, he's tactical when he runs and very self protective as his loss would be impossible for the team to overcome.. He still HAS to run enough as it is. His seasonal stats show he can still be effective running without a single question. The concept of improving the running game to force opponents to respect it and thus open up the intermediate and short routes is sound. Instead of forcing the slow developing routes the two high S schemes faced would have to adjust to respect the play action or get burned on the ground. The chunk plays would thereafter be open to Wilson on more than broken plays. Starting faster and playing at a higher tempo wouldn't hurt much either.

How often this last season did we see many stretch run plays, or innovative running plays, or for that matter many trick plays? In fact how many innovative plays did we see all year? It was the usual pound it up the gut and beat the crap out of the running backs who ran hard w/o much chance for big plays, or some slow developing screen to the outside flt that hoped to work with RAC. To me there was little to be excited about with the running game and the proof of it was not one single 100 yd. plus runner all season. That single stat speaks volumes. The O was special early but that was more about execution and slow to develop defences league wise. Once opponents were able to see what the team was doing they were completely able to defend what the team served up, it was easy it was on film. The former OC failed to deliver much innovation with the running game, or to use the TEs or to develop any effective quick tempo O or be able to change pace when situation depended upon it. Frankly BS was let go because he failed to improve or finish and he'd become nothing less than predictable.

It's easy to throw rocks at Pete and talk about 'Pete ball' but with luck Pete ball will allow a new OC to develop an innovative new scheme where we see some creative running and pounding combined with a more effective O which also give the D a chance to catch breath on their time off.

Don't agree with Marshall, doubt here is an impending revolt coming from RW. However there was a need for innovative change to occur to allow the team to be more flexible in their responses to adversity while being physical and clock controlling, to allow RW to be more effective.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of these days Wilson is going to leave Pete (and the Seahawks), and we are going to see just how great he could have been under any other coach.

Under Payton, Wilson would win a SB. Certainly with that Saints team.

Paradoxically, I don't think the Seahawks would be much better without Pete, because his odd style of game management hides a lot of holes with this team.

But once Wilson is 'done', he is going to leave here and pull a Randy Johnson, suddenly looking great after looking like he was losing his effectiveness.

The thing about Wilson not being able to play a quick passing game or use the middle of the field is bunk. Wilson did it that entire year he played with basically a cast on. Maybe you could argue that because he does not have Baldwin he cannot anymore? Or he forgot how?

But the likely answer is that Pete likes to lean on defense and run, doesn't take risks, and is a bit too close to the edge of senility to change. His brain is ossified and he cannot fathom you can win with offense now, so he doesn't bother.

It is very clear that Wilson is being held back by Pete. It is very clear he could be better with an offense tailored to him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Wilson's pretty darn great now! I agree he could be better but setting him unto be in conflict with Pete who is holding him back is unproveable rubbish. RW is evolving w/o doubt and will continue to improve as a Qb and could be amazing if the new OC allows him to be able to have a quick short game along with the running game.

Blaming Pete for Bevell and Schottenheimer's limitations is once again falling into the Pete is Superman calamy of thought. Let us see what happens with a new OC before deciding it's all on Pete.

The team has coordinators who run the Offence, Defence, and Special Teams, and assistant coaches who coach positional groups is Pete at fault for them too? Pete has overall control but is defensive coach yet knows what wins football games. He rarely I suspect intervenes in play calling but the buck stops with him and he unlike befell and likely Schotty is willing to step up and wear responsibility.

AgentDib

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3lm20dh4 said:
Blaming Pete for Bevell and Schottenheimer's limitations is once again falling into the Pete is Superman calamy of thought. Let us see what happens with a new OC before deciding it's all on Pete.
I think this idea that Pete is the bogeyman stems from the fact that there are a very large number of coaches involved with the team, most here don't have any idea who they are or what they do, and even the most informed here cannot speak with any certainty about what contributions each individual coach is making to the game plans. Can anybody here honestly present one play that Dave Canales drew up and give an opinion about how good it is? That stuff is all secret by design and so fans are left to speculate with zero information to go on.

It all rolls up to Pete, and he takes the blame for anything that goes wrong on Sundays, so when posters say "Pete" what they may actually mean is "some coach I don't know enough about to name." There's a TE thread where somebody is blaming Pete for playing the wrong TE and our TE coach isn't even mentioned once. Why? Because they likely don't even know who our TE coach is. "Pete" is a placeholder for the entire coaching staff, and a huge portion of the posts on this forum make more sense if you interpret posts in that light.

Latest posts