Brandon Marshall: Saints should go get Russell Wilson

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Rat":24etes51 said:
Chukarhawk":24etes51 said:
Russ is a first ballot hall of fame QB. the level of stupid on this board is clown level.
I don't think anyone would dispute that. The issue is that he didn't play like a HOFer over the second half of the season, and people are wondering whether it's an exception or a new trend. Hopefully, the former, although we all knew his legs would start to fall off at some point.

Dude has had ups and downs all through his career. So has Brady if you look at his career closely. People thought Aaron Rodgers was losing it a couple years ago. Many of those downturns have largely been related to other issues on the team that once corrected led to better QB results.

No one but the Russ and the coaches really know what went wrong as they were the ones charged with calling and executing the plays. Fans only saw the results but we will never know who to blame because we aren't privy to gameplans and player responsibilities. I suspect the firing of Schotty indicates where Pete feels the blame should fall.

Russ is the best QB in franchise history. I suspect next year he well play well again (and throw up a few stinkers as well as is his wont).

I'm hoping a bit of re-energizing of the offense happens over the off season and that everyone on that side of the ball was very disappointed in their late season performance and is looking to get a bit further than the wild card round. And I'm hoping that Carroll would find a Shanahan type OC that would likely play to Russ' strengths and Pete's desires to have an imaginative run game to balance the offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":17hm9psd said:
I think Wilson's pretty darn great now! I agree he could be better but setting him unto be in conflict with Pete who is holding him back is unproveable rubbish. RW is evolving w/o doubt and will continue to improve as a Qb and could be amazing if the new OC allows him to be able to have a quick short game along with the running game.

Blaming Pete for Bevell and Schottenheimer's limitations is once again falling into the Pete is Superman calamy of thought. Let us see what happens with a new OC before deciding it's all on Pete.

The team has coordinators who run the Offence, Defence, and Special Teams, and assistant coaches who coach positional groups is Pete at fault for them too? Pete has overall control but is defensive coach yet knows what wins football games. He rarely I suspect intervenes in play calling but the buck stops with him and he unlike befell and likely Schotty is willing to step up and wear responsibility.

We are going on 5 Coordinators under Pete and while Wilson didn't play for them all we seen the same type restrictions with TJack and Hass as well as Clipboard Jesus.

jeremiah

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1vet09b9 said:
pmedic920":1vet09b9 said:
I could be way off base here but I think the Saints have a guy already on the roster ready to take the spot.
Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston?

I personally don’t believe Hill or Winston is their future.

If the Saints were to offer Seattle 3 first rounders for Wilson, Carroll should consider it.

Carroll doesn’t know how to play with a 35M QB anywaysz

Might as well go cheap on a QB and stack the defense and run game for Pete Ball anyways.

There is truth in that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":qffsgj0d said:
Sports Hernia":qffsgj0d said:
getnasty":qffsgj0d said:
Sports Hernia":qffsgj0d said:
Not going to happen. But Payton would be a better fit than “Pete Ball” for Russ.

Yeah he was able to win how many title with Brees?
The same amount as Pete. Brees and Russ are two different types of QB’s, but then again, you knew that.

The point is you'll bag on Pete but praise Payton yet they have the same amount of title's, and Payton has been with a better QB for a longer time. If Russ and Brees are different Quarterbacks what makes you think Russ would do well with Payton.
If you knew my posting history you’d know I hold Pete responsible for the reason we have a Lombardi in the trophy case, but that would go against your current narrative.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
AgentDib":bebyqxhl said:
jammerhawk":bebyqxhl said:
Blaming Pete for Bevell and Schottenheimer's limitations is once again falling into the Pete is Superman calamy of thought. Let us see what happens with a new OC before deciding it's all on Pete.
I think this idea that Pete is the bogeyman stems from the fact that there are a very large number of coaches involved with the team, most here don't have any idea who they are or what they do, and even the most informed here cannot speak with any certainty about what contributions each individual coach is making to the game plans. Can anybody here honestly present one play that Dave Canales drew up and give an opinion about how good it is? That stuff is all secret by design and so fans are left to speculate with zero information to go on.

It all rolls up to Pete, and he takes the blame for anything that goes wrong on Sundays, so when posters say "Pete" what they may actually mean is "some coach I don't know enough about to name." There's a TE thread where somebody is blaming Pete for playing the wrong TE and our TE coach isn't even mentioned once. Why? Because they likely don't even know who our TE coach is. "Pete" is a placeholder for the entire coaching staff, and a huge portion of the posts on this forum make more sense if you interpret posts in that light.

Just like fans are currently doing with Russell wilson? Lol and yes ,it is on pete Carroll because he refuses to fire anyone other than the people who disagree with him. Pete Carroll is the executive VP of operations, no excuses.

5thgen

Reaction score
CPHawk":16phnaib said:
The Saints can’t offer us anything for Wilson. Only trades that make sense would be Wilson for Watson and a 1 or 2 rounder. Or Wilson to Jacksonville for the 1 and another pick.

Wilson for trevor would be ideal. Wonder if Jacksonville would even consider it.

John63

Reaction score
Lol all these so called fans wishing for loosing seasons hilarious.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
CPHawk":1w5uina9 said:
The Saints can’t offer us anything for Wilson. Only trades that make sense would be Wilson for Watson and a 1 or 2 rounder. Or Wilson to Jacksonville for the 1 and another pick.
I doubt that Pete and JS could pass up fourteen 7th round picks if they offered?

Rat

Reaction score
brimsalabim":30qpvrud said:
CPHawk":30qpvrud said:
I doubt that Pete and JS could pass up fourteen 7th round picks if they offered?
It would eventually become that anyway.

Latest posts