Bucs running game

Polk738

Reaction score
Ca2pture

interesting tidbit I noticed from FG today, what are the odds they took a playsheet from the Atlanta Falcons playbook when Patterson destroyed them on the ground for 189 yards? Even the worst run game in the league can run against that worthless 2 man front and yet they still stayed in it.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Meanwhile Seattle's rushing game: 14 carries, 39 yards 2.8 average. yikes. Kenneth Walker got completely shut down. 10 carries for 17 yards. :(
I sincerely hope this performance was an anomaly because they haven't looked that bad in over a month.

seabowl

Reaction score
Outside of Woods, we really don’t have a very stout line. We really need one more very large lineman especially if we’re gonna play a 3-4 defense.

Chawker

Reaction score
Bucs run a 3-4. Why didn't Seattle run wild?
Funny Mael, I ran across the same topic in a differant thread, I want back and checked the tape just to be sure, and low and behold, I was right. Bacc's where in a 4-3 on the first few plays.

But, so was the hawks, like on the first TD pass to Jones. Oosps! Maybe your 3-4 would of saved the day. NOT ! Four down lineman with hand on the ground. Go check it.

Cheers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Funny Mael, I ran across the same topic in a differant thread, I want back and checked the tape just to be sure, and low and behold, I was right. Bacc's where in a 4-3 on the first few plays.

But, so was the hawks, like on the first TD pass to Jones. Oosps! Maybe your 3-4 would of saved the day. NOT ! Four down lineman with hand on the ground. Go check it.

Cheers

I did check it, and posted photographic evidence to the contrary on the first sack.

The Bucs run a 3-4.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Because they have monsters inside and are extremely fast at linebacker.

It's more of a rhetorical question. Chawker is of the opinion that 3-4 defenses are incapable, no matter what, of defending successfully against the run - so I'm posing the question, which is answered easily by your reasonable reply.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Mael, I went back and check again and you are right both team were in that sucky 3-4, I was wrong, my most humble apologies.

We got ran over in Munich and it'll happen again, you haven't heard the last on the 4-3.

I don't think it's as simple as 4-3 vs 3-4, they held Saquon Barkley in check with the 3-4 the problem with this game is it looked like they were running a lot of 2-4-5 alignments (basically the old defense) considering that Barton played 65% of the snaps and Bryan Mone was a healthy scratch. The 2 man fronts don't work against the run, no matter WHO is running the ball even a backup like Rashaad White.

OP
OP
Polk738

Polk738

Reaction score
Outside of Woods, we really don’t have a very stout line. We really need one more very large lineman especially if we’re gonna play a 3-4 defense.

They held the best RB in the league to 53 yards just a few weeks ago, they do have the right personnel to be successful in this scheme but they have to put those personnel in the right spots otherwise you get a backup RB running for well over 100 yards. They gambled and said the Bucs won't run, so they scratch Mone and come out and play a very weak nickel and get burned on the ground-the plan failed, it happens.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Its that dam 3-4 thing I've been trying to tell you about.

Will anybody ever listen to me ? Hell no ! I've fallen on deaf ears.

Good luck with your inferior schemes.
You gotta change your signature to let people know you are the leader of the 43 gang. These folks don't know

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Bucs have an elite defense when they're healthy, and they've had all their studs back in the lineup the past couple of weeks.

So no one should be surprised our offense had a hard time yesterday, especially the run game (combined with sloppy field conditions making it hard for Walker to make his jump cuts).

We're pointing fingers at the wrong side of the ball on this one. For a month the Hawk's D has played sound, stout and aggressive football. None of that was there yesterday. Couldn't rush Brady, couldn't collapse the pocket, WAY too much time, and worse of all too many dudes out of position or making big mistakes in coverage.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
View attachment 55715

interesting tidbit I noticed from FG today, what are the odds they took a playsheet from the Atlanta Falcons playbook when Patterson destroyed them on the ground for 189 yards? Even the worst run game in the league can run against that worthless 2 man front and yet they still stayed in it.
A season ago, maybe 2? Tyler Lockett, also noted this. Teams for some reason always find success doing things they do not normally do on film against Seattle.

It’s like when teams play Seattle, they have an entirely knew play designs and schemes, customized, to counter Seattle’s defense in every way.

Lockett, said Seattle practices for what they see on film against a defense but the defense against Seattle plays coverages differently.

So I’m not surprised, offenses does the same thing against Seattle. Tampa Bay’s offensive line opened up some huge gaps and Tampa was able to hit the edge almost freely with the second level being almost to totally negated.

Seattle’s second level could not stop the run to the edge and the first level was almost totally pushed out the way could not lay a finger on Tampa’s running backs.

The scheme Tampa ran totally confused the defense and allowed Tampa to totally control the game flow and clock.

This is a serious flaw Seattle needs to contain if Seattle is to win the playoffs.

You can bet other teams have dissected this scheme Tampa ran with their offensive line and plans to run it again until Seattle can stop it.

It is worriesome, Seattle got roadgraded every time Tampa ran the ball.