Cam Newton

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Never accurate, never will be and that is huge imo. Without the threat of running due to injuries he's not even a mid-level NFL QB anymore. Don't believe he's worth the baggage he brings.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2q4xeknk said:
Boohman14":2q4xeknk said:
I'm not ready to think he's done just yet. He just needs a stable team where he can retool his game and learn to play within his skill set. I think the ideal landing spot would be New Orleans. He could back up Brees for a season then be in the building and ready to go when Brees retirees.
Though a sound idea, I don't think Cam wants to be a backup. At all. I think he wants to start or at least have the chance to start and going to NO isn't gonna stroke that ego of his.

Miami, Denver, Jacksonville I think are some leading candidates that could consider him. At most on a 1 year deal though.

I am sure Denver is salivating at the possibility. "Hey, remember that dude that helped us win a Super Bowl, threw temper tantrums on the sideline and acted like a spoiled child afterward? Why don't we get him on our offense?"

olyfan63

Reaction score
Jacksonville has Gardner Minshew and Cam would NOT be an upgrade.
Miami and the Stealers might be a fit as RCaido suggested.

The guy who could make something out of Newton would be Greg Roman.
Oops, he is in Baltimore and has a better option there already in Lamar Jackson. Jackson has superior skills and doesn't seem to have tantrums the way Cam does.

I'm just drawing a blank on teams where installing Newton as a starter would actually improve them and be a worthwhile investment. Pittsburgh, maybe Denver, good question. Miami, I don't really see it.

acer1240

Reaction score
Cyrus12":wy728s4p said:
Maulbert":wy728s4p said:
Probably because it's just Scam Newton...his career ended in the super bowl.

Yep. He has no problem risking injury doing a flip while crossing the goal line but will not dive on a fumble in a 6 point game in the superbowl.

He was exposed that day.

I'd love to see him go to Dallas if the Dak situation is prolonged.