Cardinals @ 9ers

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":o25npdhe said:
That looked worse than just a minor hyperextension to me.

Could be. He did come in and play entire second half tho. Likely not something structural.

SF49r

Reaction score
Wilson impressive too as always, I got into fantasy football the first time this year and I drafted him to my team so i'm thankful :2thumbs:

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3la1sxjl said:
Marvin49":3la1sxjl said:
bigskydoc":3la1sxjl said:
The NFCW is a two horse race this year. We have got to get at least a split with the Cards.

Dunno about that...

That’s not to say the Cards won’t contend. I’m just sayin week one assumptions tend to dissipate in week 2.

Nah, more of a holdover, and 1st week confirmation, from my thoughts of where the West is headed. I'm a believer in Murray, Klingsbury, and what they are building in Zona. Along with the fact that the Niners got extremely lucky with injuries last year, they got the breaks to go their way in single score games, and Jimmy G outplayed his talent level by a large margin last year. Teams revert to their mean, and I think the Niners mean leaves them in 3rd place in the West.

The Cards and Hawks will duke it out for the Championship this year, and the Rams will be wondering why they can't recreate the magic.

And, for the record, I think Jimmy G is better than many here give him credit for, but last year was an aberration for him. He isnt as good as he played last year.

Um..what? Bro. They were hit with injuries all year. Both starting tackles at the same time, Kittle missed a few, Juice missed a few, they lost Blair and DJ Jones for the year, Ford played hurt all year...lol.

"Lucky"?

I'm not gonna argue with the direction of the Cards, that remains to be seen...but the Niner got lucky with injuries? Um...no.

When they played Seattle in the first meeting, they were down BOTH Kittle and Emmanuel Sanders. Close Games? The 49ers were plus 169 points last year. Seattle was plus 7.

Come on now.

I'm not gonna say anything in regards to how it plays out this year, but I think your idea of how last year went is a bit off kilter there.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I know Niner fans like to talk about all their injuries last year, but they really came through comparatively healthy, and key players made it back for the important games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3f4jd6q4 said:
I know Niner fans like to talk about all their injuries last year, but they really came through comparatively healthy, and key players made it back for the important games.

Right...which is why Kittle didn't play vs Seattle in the first game and Sanders was out after the first quarter.

Please.

Then they lost Staley AGAIN for the following week.

Injuries at WR forced the trade for Sanders in the first place.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Never said you didn't have injuries. Never said you didn't lose a couple of key players for stretches of the season. Did say that, overall, the Niners were one of the healthiest teams last year.

Everybody can point to games where they were without 1 or 2 of their star players in every season. Overall, the Niner were a bit luckier than average last year.

chris98251

Reaction score
SF49r":6vfn2ihc said:
Wilson impressive too as always, I got into fantasy football the first time this year and I drafted him to my team so i'm thankful :2thumbs:

You will be banned from the Webzone for this.

Marvin49

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2d49z7qd said:
Never said you didn't have injuries. Never said you didn't lose a couple of key players for stretches of the season. Did say that, overall, the Niners were one of the healthiest teams last year.

Everybody can point to games where they were without 1 or 2 of their star players in every season. Overall, the Niner were a bit luckier than average last year.

Ya...I'll let this one go but I think your Seahawk fandom is blinding you a bit there. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey, George Kittle, Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, Kyle Juszczyk, Weston Richburg, Robbie Gould, Jaquiski Tartt, Ahkello Witherspoon, Jerick McKinnon, DJ Jones, Jalen Hurd, Trent Taylor ALL missed chunks of the season, several the entire season.

Yes, I know teams lose players all the time, but I'm not making the case that those teams were "lucky".

SF49r

Reaction score
chris98251":1mu20r5y said:
SF49r":1mu20r5y said:

You will be banned from the Webzone for this.
I would be gladly banned from Webzone if I had an account on there

bigskydoc

Reaction score
You're so easy to troll LOL.

And the niners were below the mean for injuries at key times last year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":2v9t5pof said:
bigskydoc":2v9t5pof said:

Ya...I'll let this one go but I think your Seahawk fandom is blinding you a bit there. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey, George Kittle, Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, Kyle Juszczyk, Weston Richburg, Robbie Gould, Jaquiski Tartt, Ahkello Witherspoon, Jerick McKinnon, DJ Jones, Jalen Hurd, Trent Taylor ALL missed chunks of the season, several the entire season.

Yes, I know teams lose players all the time, but I'm not making the case that those teams were "lucky".

Hook, line and sinker. You're making it too easy Marv.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Oh come on guys. it's the start of the season w/o the injuries and with the exception of Kittle at the half there weren't any.

The team underperformed on several levels today. And they were unprepared for the Cards, which I admit are going on chaos theory and newness. That's why y'all lost....not injureis.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Excuses won't change a thing. The Cards were the better team, period. And if they had an actual kicker, it's an even easier win for Zona. And seeing Sherm look like a shell of his former self was nice too.

94Smith

Reaction score
Not really a shock of a loss. The cardinals played the 49ers very hard both games last year. The first game they were up 16-0 at one point, the second game was a back and forth affair with the 49ers winning on a last second play.

The 49ers defense doesn't match up well against mobile quarterbacks. The offense blew too many opportunities and could not convert on 3rd down.

Cardinals are improved with Hopkins on offense and the additions on D.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Just watched this on game pass. Gawwwwwwwwd I'm glad Garoppolo isn't the Hawks' QB.

Letting E. Sanders go was a mistake.

That team is so good in so may ways, having a QB that is so un-clutch is going to cause a lot more heartache.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":hfowb7m0 said:
Yeah, the Cards looked impressive overall. And Hopkins is unreal. Dang, was hoping they would suck.

I disagree. Outside of his running, Murray's performance was underwhelming, especially with how many times he made mental errors and/or threw the ball in the dirt at receivers feet. The ball just looks strange coming out of his hands, something doesn't look right. The Card's defense played well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, Cards are a good team. And if wasn't for a crap kicker, they win a little easier. They just beat the NFC Champs on the road, that's impressive. And I can't stand the Cards.