Cards looking like the Cards already

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think that's the first time I've ever seen LJ Collier on film. He played for the Seattle Seahawks right? He seems like a
Real aggressive young man. Good pick up for the Phoenix Cardinals !!

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Yes, I do. My sister and her husband are die hard Cards fans. Every week we watch both the Cards and Rams during the season. Cards stuff all over the house.

And I have cousins in Az with season tickets.
I'm so sorry.

In all seriousness though, that still sounds fun.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
This.

I am born and raised in Arizona. I left AZ the same year the Cardinals went there.

I have zero allegiance to the Cardinals since I was already a Rams fan and moved to Cali.

But, at least the Rams formed an identity. Hate them or love them - Rams are real.

Cards: Kid in the corner sucking his thumb.
I see you Red!!
I like what you said!!
Welcome to the round table. Bummer to hear about Kupp he should rest up until week 2. If he comes back too early he might tweak the hammy more severely

Scout

Reaction score
I think despite the lack of talent on the defensive line the Cardinals may still field a respectable defense because their LBs and DBs have a lot of athleticism. The offense on the other hand I have no clue how it will look....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They are in tank mode. They know that Kyler is not the future. They are going to land one of the 2 elite QB's in next year's draft, so don't feel too bad for them. Not only will they have their own high pick, but they will also have Houston's thanks to that moronic deal made by the Texans.
They stand to possibly have the top 2 picks in the draft Csleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr anyone? They will be instant contenders next year.

NoGain

Reaction score
There are a few other teams that could fall into suck-a-tude-ness and challenge the Cards.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Marlon Mack tears Achilles - out for the season.

Marlon Mack out for season with torn Achilles

Running back Marlon Mack is out for the season with a torn Achilles, Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon told reporters in his Wednesday press conference.

Mack’s injury occurred during Tuesday’s practice. This is the second time Mack has torn an Achilles in his career. He tore his right Achilles early in the 2020 season. He tore his left Achilles on Tuesday.

Scout

Reaction score
Mack is a decent player but he isn't going to be the cornerstone of what the Cards do on offense. Mack was one of two RBs listed under 220 lbs. All other Cards RBs are 220 LBs + and the Cards will use a RB rotation to move the offense along.

Scout

Reaction score
Injuries really derailed Mack's full potential as a pro unfortunately. I think he is done at this point.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Marlon Mack tears Achilles - out for the season.

Marlon Mack out for season with torn Achilles

Running back Marlon Mack is out for the season with a torn Achilles, Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon told reporters in his Wednesday press conference.

Mack’s injury occurred during Tuesday’s practice. This is the second time Mack has torn an Achilles in his career. He tore his right Achilles early in the 2020 season. He tore his left Achilles on Tuesday.

This might be it for him. Poor dude just can't stay healthy.

CPHawk

Reaction score
They stand to possibly have the top 2 picks in the draft Csleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr anyone? They will be instant contenders next year.
A wr doesn’t make you an instant contender. And it would be hilarious if they draft Williams with how much they are paying Murray. I guarantee no one is interested in trading for him.

Threedee

Reaction score
True! good catch! I completely brain farted it
They would never be welcomed in Chicago, while, baseball fans would probably love to have them back in STL.

I do enjoy that they are officially the oldest franchise in the NFL.

Weadoption

Reaction score
They would never be welcomed in Chicago, while, baseball fans would probably love to have them back in STL.

I do enjoy that they are officially the oldest franchise in the NFL.
yep. team was named the Racine Normals, back in 1899.
Racine Abnormals for this year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
A wr doesn’t make you an instant contender. And it would be hilarious if they draft Williams with how much they are paying Murray. I guarantee no one is interested in trading for him.
They will cut Murray faster then can imagine for Williams and IF you have a chance for Harrison you pick him don't fool yourself be pissed. You hope Houston isn't shit and goes 8-9 or something similar.

CPHawk

Reaction score
They will cut Murray faster then can imagine for Williams and IF you have a chance for Harrison you pick him don't fool yourself be pissed. You hope Houston isn't shit and goes 8-9 or something similar.
So they will cut and owe Murray tons of money, to draft a mix of Murray and Mayfield? Then watch whoever draft the actual better qb in UNC Maye. Seems like a cardinal Ls move.

NoGain

Reaction score
So they will cut and owe Murray tons of money, to draft a mix of Murray and Mayfield? Then watch whoever draft the actual better qb in UNC Maye. Seems like a cardinal Ls move.
Umm...yes, I think they would draft Caleb Williams and cut Kyler Murray loose. Yes, they will take a CAP hit for it, but they'll have Caleb on a rookie contract as well as a host of other players with their recent picks and the ones they've got coming. They've already shown they would cut bait and move on from a QB (Josh Rosen) if someone appealed to them more as a franchise QB.

I also think you're vastly underrating Caleb. I saw him do things coming off the bench in his first few games his freshman year that blew me away, not just talent-wise, but processing-wise and leadership-wise. By the time the draft rolls around, I think he'll be in that can't miss category that Trevor Lawrence and Andrew Luck resided in leading up to the draft. He's got a great QB coach in college (Riley), and I think he'll only get better this year.