Charter Spectrum Could Lose ESPN, ABC

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Love Love Love fubo! Lots of recording space, multiple users on one account, rarely glitches. I did a lot of research before hand, and fubo seems to have been an early entrant in to the streaming business, and I keep hearing people on sports radio mention them when they talk about something they watched at home.

After using it for a while, when you log in, it has placed all of the programs you watch the most on the first page. You can arrange your channels, favorite them, record individual episodes or a series, or your favorite team. They have Root sports (Mariners).
Thanks for the feedback! Your comments are very reassuring.

Yes, I saw that Fubo has Root Sports. Not many of the others do, and it was one of the reasons why I'll be going with them.

They have a one-week free trial that includes both ESPN and NFL Red Zone, so I'll sign up in another couple of weeks. If all goes well, I'll give Spectrum the boot and bring in Ziply for my ISP.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
I received an email from Charter yesterday stating that they had come to an agreement with Disney/ESPN, but as far as I'm concerned, it's closing the barn door after the horses got out as I've already gone with Fubo for my TV provider and will be converting to Ziply Fiber for my ISP.

I'm really liking Fubo. I got the premium package and can share my subscription with 10 devices, so my daughter and SIL in Spokane are piggy backing on my account. I also get 1000 hours of DVR cloud storage, something I didn't have with Spectrum. And it's cheaper.

The nice thing about internet streaming is that it's so easy to change providers as you don't need any specialized equipment like you do with cable or satellite, and there's no contractual obligations to satisfy.

The industry is changing fast, with streamers catering to specific markets by not carrying certain channels, meaning they can offer their service at a lower price. For example, Fubo doesn't have CNN, BBC, or PBS, channels that are standard with cable/satellite. It's not a big deal for me not to have those channels, and I like the thought of not having to pay for channels I never use or can do without.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm really liking Fubo. I got the premium package and can share my subscription with 10 devices, so my daughter and SIL in Spokane are piggy backing on my account. I also get 1000 hours of DVR cloud storage, something I didn't have with Spectrum. And it's cheaper.
So you can stream from multiple locations at the same time? I was looking at Fubo, and from my understanding, you can watch from multiple locations, but not simultaneously. Unless one of the devices you're streaming from is a mobile device, but you can't do more than one TV device (Roku, fire stick, etc...)

I used to have Fubo, and remember getting that "too many screens" warning whenever my uncle & I wanted to watch football at the same time. That's why I currently have YouTube TV. But if you are able to stream on multiple screens simultaneously on Fubo, I might have to consider going back to them. The only reason being that Fubo has Bally sports which has all the Angels games my brother loves to watch.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
So you can stream from multiple locations at the same time? I was looking at Fubo, and from my understanding, you can watch from multiple locations, but not simultaneously. Unless one of the devices you're streaming from is a mobile device, but you can't do more than one TV device (Roku, fire stick, etc...)

I used to have Fubo, and remember getting that "too many screens" warning whenever my uncle & I wanted to watch football at the same time. That's why I currently have YouTube TV. But if you are able to stream on multiple screens simultaneously on Fubo, I might have to consider going back to them. The only reason being that Fubo has Bally sports which has all the Angels games my brother loves to watch.
I just double checked to make sure. I can watch Fubo on multiple devices simultaneously, even on the same user. Keep in mind that I have the premium package which allows you to stream on 10 different devices.

Fubo was the only internet streamer that had Root Sports, which televises Mariners games live, which is one of the reasons why we went with them.