Chris Simms: "RW camp says no confidence in coaching staff"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At this point, Carroll is a cancer.

As a cancer, the longer you take before cutting it out the more damage it will do.

Omitting Wilson's name from the letter to season ticket holders was intentional and petty.

Pete has ensconced himself like a tapeworm and is feeding off this franchise. He stopped being a benefit years ago and now is just an infestation we are going to have to wait to be rid of.

Unfortunately, we probably lose Wilson before we vomit up whatever Pete has become now.

Really sad but makes complete sense why Wilson would want out of this.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2mk2a4nn said:

As a cancer, the longer you take before cutting it out the more damage it will do.

Omitting Wilson's name from the letter to season ticket holders was intentional and petty.

Pete has ensconced himself like a tapeworm and is feeding off this franchise. He stopped being a benefit years ago and now is just an infestation we are going to have to wait to be rid of.

Unfortunately, we probably lose Wilson before we vomit up whatever Pete has become now.

Carroll had nothing to do with the letter! The President wrote it!! It’s the front office & Jody Allen who are being petty!

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":12on0dx6 said:
TwistedHusky":12on0dx6 said:

Carroll had nothing to do with the letter! The President wrote it!! It’s the front office & Jody Allen who are being petty!
If u think PC did not have a say than I don't know what to tell you.

toffee

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":ovefer3h said:
TwistedHusky":ovefer3h said:

Jody being super smart, she could fire Pete to appease Russ. Even let Russ pick his own HC. If Russ's stats doesn't jump at a level befitting his legacy and branding under the new HC. Russ will turn his media machine against Jody as there won't be ole Pete to kick around anymore.

Jody doesn't have time to deal with that.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

olyfan63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2jh1l701 said:

Get a grip, man! Carroll's team goes 12-4 and wins the division, despite Russell having a bad stretch, and you call Carroll a "cancer"??!!

Blinded so much by your love for Russell that you can't approach this with any degree of objectivity? It's OK, we all get emotional about Russell, and the whole situation.

You don't remember the Ken Behring years, the 90's stud QB years of Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer, and Stan Gelbaugh? The Dennis Erickson years of 7-9, the 3-13 year in Holmgren's final year? Pete Carroll has done nothing but WIN as the Seahawks coach, after the first two years of rebuilding.

Russell relies SO MUCH on his legs to buy time and escape, and when they aren't what they used to be... well, Russell got exposed a bit this year. We found out what he struggles with. Actually it was our opponents that pointed it out. We saw Russell rattled and confused and battered and making bad decisions and committing turnovers against the Bills, Giants, and Rams. The Giants game hurt, and that cost us HFA.

Remember the O-Line we won SB48 behind? It had two rookies, Bowie and Bailey, and IIRC, JR Sweezy, freshly converted from D-Line to O-Line. A couple weeks before the playoffs, we played the Rams, and Russell was running for his life, scary times, just hoping he'd survive that game. Robert Quinn was fast enough to chase Russell down. Hawks won SB48 with a crap, crap O-Line. We have an older, slower Russell now. His game depends a lot on his mobility.

Yes, it's hard to be objective about the situation. Carroll is the best and most successful coach the Seahawks have ever had. Wilson is the best and most successful QB the Hawks have ever had.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
GaiusMarius":1obitijf said:
pittpnthrs":1obitijf said:
TwistedHusky":1obitijf said:
What is surprising is people keep being shocked that the stuff we've complained about for years is the very thing that the star player might be complaining about as well.

Not sure why it takes so long for some to realize the obvious.

Many of us love Russell Wilson and that leads to denial. We see it in this post. Another breaking media article on Wilson being unhappy (since his camp keeps having these drip releases) and the reactions are...
- The media is making all of this up.
- The dead $$$ makes it impossible.
- You don't trade a HOF QB.
- Russ and Pete just need to talk.

At this point I don't buy that many of the posters actually believe what they're writing.
So what do they really think?

THAT WE LOVE RUSSELL WILSON AND DO NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE THE SEAHAWKS!!!

I understand that sentiment entirely and respect and share in their pain. :cry:

100%. I have been trying my best to not get too up or down about this, but the reality is that my absolute favorite sports franchise is going 'FULL SEATTLE SPORTS FRANCHISE' and proverbially throwing away the ONE thing, other than a Lombardi, that we have all hoped & dreamed for since becoming fans of this team.

Damn man. All because our 'one foot out the door anyway' stubborn ass head coach can't adapt to the modern era NFL or admit to the folly in his philosophy. :34853_doh:

Yeah, there's absolutely NO WAY PA would have allowed things to deteriorate to this point. ****.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete isn't a bad coach per-say, he just isn't adaptable. He wants to win his way -- and he believes his methodology is the right one. The problem is, different situations call for different measures. Carroll's philosophy on a team like the 2013-2014 Seahawks was absolutely the right call. Protect the ball, limit turnovers, run the ball well to ensure high TOP. This worked because we had the best defense in the NFL. Nobody could pass on the Seattle Seahawks, it may go down as being the best secondary of all time. We also smothered the run, there was nothing anyone could do against it. With no mistakes we could let the defense do their thing with impunity.

Once that defense got dismantled, Carroll had to both pay, and lean on the QB -- and unfortunately his philosophy doesn't reflect that. The passing game is still structured like it was back in 2013, we're just passing more. It's ultimate goal is to limit turnovers and win the toxic differential battle. There is a lack of nuance in the offense, and that is what I find troublesome. Carroll likes to smash square pegs into round holes. He has had the same approach on offense whether it was Matt Hasselbeck or Russell Wilson under center.

The unfortunate truth is Carroll at the end of the day is uncomfortable with surrendering control over any aspect of his team. He still is approaching many aspects of the team as if we have a top tier defense when in reality we haven't had one in a very long time. In an ideal world he wants Wilson playmaking game manager type of QB. I think that the 2018 Seahawks is his ideal version of the Seahawks.

Seattle isn't built for that though. Our strength is in our QB and our receivers on offense. We have an unreliable stable of RBs that are injured, and a poor offensive line. I surmise that our lack of adjustment didn't come from Schottenheimer, it came from Carroll. It just fits what I've seen from this team under Carroll too neatly. Wilson didn't exactly seem happy to see Schottenheimer go either. The story Brandon Marshall told about Carroll being adamant about the fade being ran a certain way also speaks volumes about this.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
olyfan63":1eaqpq8y said:
Get a grip, man! Carroll's team goes 12-4 and wins the division, despite Russell having a bad stretch, and you call Carroll a "cancer"??!!

Blinded so much by your love for Russell that you can't approach this with any degree of objectivity? It's OK, we all get emotional about Russell, and the whole situation.

You don't remember the Ken Behring years, the 90's stud QB years of Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer, and Stan Gelbaugh? The Dennis Erickson years of 7-9, the 3-13 year in Holmgren's final year? Pete Carroll has done nothing but WIN as the Seahawks coach, after the first two years of rebuilding.

Russell relies SO MUCH on his legs to buy time and escape, and when they aren't what they used to be... well, Russell got exposed a bit this year. We found out what he struggles with. Actually it was our opponents that pointed it out. We saw Russell rattled and confused and battered and making bad decisions and committing turnovers against the Bills, Giants, and Rams. The Giants game hurt, and that cost us HFA.

Remember the O-Line we won SB48 behind? It had two rookies, Bowie and Bailey, and IIRC, JR Sweezy, freshly converted from D-Line to O-Line. A couple weeks before the playoffs, we played the Rams, and Russell was running for his life, scary times, just hoping he'd survive that game. Robert Quinn was fast enough to chase Russell down. Hawks won SB48 with a crap, crap O-Line. We have an older, slower Russell now. His game depends a lot on his mobility.

Yes, it's hard to be objective about the situation. Carroll is the best and most successful coach the Seahawks have ever had. Wilson is the best and most successful QB the Hawks have ever had.

Carroll is a cancer. The team doesnt have the talent to move forward in his scheme and he and JS cant draft well enough to replenish it. 12-4 in the regular season looks great, but it was one of the easiest schedules the team will have the pleasure of ever having. 12-4 was a paper record. Once they got to the playoffs, they laid the proverbial egg as usual because they honestly werent that good.

Everybody remembers the 90's. Why bring it up? Its such a weak argument. Its as if some were so traumatized by the 90's that they dare not ask for changes today so the team can maybe progress some. Sad.

We also remember SB48 with the crap Oline, the RB that led the league in yards after contact and the legendary defense. The team won that game despite that horrible line. Todays team doesnt have the youth and talent to overcome that obstacle so the QB is asking the organization to fix that. Whats the issue?

Wilson is the most successful QB the team has ever had. Carroll is the most successful coach the team has ever had. Wilson will be successful anywhere he goes. Its is doubtful Carroll will be successful without Russ. The choice is pretty obvious as to which one to keep.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The bottom line is that Wilson would and will be successful without Carroll.

Carroll would not and won't be successful without Wilson.

Carroll has a specific system that works for a specific roster.

We don't have that roster now and won't no matter how many trades we make.

Yet Carroll runs the same system.

Wilson knows that a great or even good offensive coach could make him better than he already is. Carroll makes him look worse than he is, especially in the playoffs. (Hence the trade request)

Could Wilson be trying to force his way out of Seattle for more exposure? Sure. But I think if this team handed him the keys and an offensive guru, he would have stayed.

Would it have worked? No idea. Probably not for a SB but certainly longer runs in the playoffs.

That ship has sailed though.

Carroll was always a coach with specific strengths and weaknesses. But the past few years he lost most of his strengths, so just sticks the team with all the weaknesses with nothing to offset them.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
What I really don't understand in all of this is, is that is it so much that Russell is allowed some input on the playbook and personnel. Why is this not an option? I would assume most franchise QB's do have some sway in those matters.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":hl9ggm2f said:
What I really don't understand in all of this is, is that is it so much that Russell is allowed some input on the playbook and personnel. Why is this not an option? I would assume most franchise QB's do have some sway in those matters.

How do we know this isn't the case?

Waldron was supposedly Russell approved, and Pete and John seem like the most open and cool coach and GM in the league when it comes to listening to their players.

IMO this all came about because Russell went to the SuperBowl and sat there for four hours watching Tom Brady, and he wants that. It's as simple as that. Russell thinks he can be (or even is right now) on the same level as Brady, and Brady dictated his way out of NE.

That's what Russell wants, and I imagine he knows he's never going to get to that level of dictating personnel and offensive control that Brady has here.

But you know what Russell? You aren't Brady, you haven't earned that right for me.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18jpus6a said:
A_Biased_Fan":18jpus6a said:

Waldron was supposedly Russell approved, and Pete and John seem like the most open and cool coach and GM in the league when it comes to listening to their players.

IMO this all came about because Russell went to the SuperBowl and sat there for four hours watching Tom Brady, and he wants that. It's as simple as that. Russell thinks he can be (or even is right now) on the same level as Brady, and Brady dictated his way out of NE.

That's what Russell wants, and I imagine he knows he's never going to get to that level of dictating personnel and offensive control that Brady has here.

But you know what Russell? You aren't Brady, you haven't earned that right for me.
Perhaps Pete did let Russ cook, but once other teams figured it out and game planned against it. Chef Russell couldn't readjust? If you were Pete, should you allow Russ keep sucking or start making adjustments.

It could be a case of teams game planned for Hawks offense of '18 and '19, so when Russ started to cook, they were caught unprepared,. But once teams studied the new '20 cooking Hawks, adjustments were made, which spelt the end of cooking.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":dyd3zm94 said:
Sgt. Largent":dyd3zm94 said:
A_Biased_Fan":dyd3zm94 said:

Perhaps Pete did let Russ cook, but once other teams figured it out and game planned against it. Chef Russell couldn't readjust? If you were Pete, should you allow Russ keep sucking or start making adjustments.

It could be a case of teams game planned for Hawks offense of '18 and '19, so when Russ started to cook, they were caught unprepared,. But once teams studied the new '20 cooking Hawks, adjustments were made, which spelt the end of cooking.

And it could be the Wilson is not allowed to change plays as much as some think. PC had said once Wilson is given 3 plays, 1 they want and 2 he can change to. If that's true what if all those plays don't help against cover 2. It is interesting when we go uptempo even when they play cover 2 we still move the ball at will though. When we go uptempo Wilson has complete control he calls the play, he makes the adjustments and again we move it at will, and we do it against cover 2 as well. So the whole he can't diagnose a defense is wrong. Another question is why didn't the OC and PC make adjustments they did not. Wilson we know went to them and tried and was blown off and PCs only response was back to the same old same old.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":2gktkm8p said:

Russell obviously DOES have some input. The team completely switched up how they operate last year by shifting to a passing offense (literally the most pass-centric in the league) that aligned with "Let Russ Cook" until the wheels fell off... and when they DID fall off, they STILL passed more than most teams in the league.

With the reports that Waldron was Russell's pick for OC, I find it hard to believe that Russell has as little sway as we're being made to believe. More like he doesn't have final say, which he shouldn't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":14cm0b49 said:
Sgt. Largent":14cm0b49 said:
A_Biased_Fan":14cm0b49 said:

Who knows.

Seems like Pete did allow Russell and Schotty to open up the offense early, then when Russell and the offense had 10 turnovers in four games, Pete pulled the reigns in.

So I imagine Russell saw that as Pete losing trust in him, and something that he sees as not fixable.

All speculation, but this seems to be the prevalent chorus from all involved and the media.

Does this mean Russell can demand and dictate his departure? Nope.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Did we all watch the same linked videos? I didn't see anything out of line by Chris Simms. In one of the clips the guy mentions that Russell said that IF he is giving money back he would like a say so in who the money is to be spent on. Boy this doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all. I take that as if he comes of 3 or 4 million dollars on his salary that he wants to know he is getting a solid pass blocking offensive lineman for his money? The fact that Pete shut that down is troublesome if true.

AgentDib

Reaction score
brimsalabim":38jyg47x said:
I take that as if he comes of 3 or 4 million dollars on his salary that he wants to know he is getting a solid pass blocking offensive lineman for his money? The fact that Pete shut that down is troublesome if true.
Zero chance the Seahawks would have shut down Russ agreeing to less total money unless the conditions were in the realm of crazy.

If there is any truth to a potential restructure, that's just the player making the same amount of money sooner (for them) in order to delay the cap hit for the team - a financial vehicle that robs future years and one we should use as little as possible.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So was the story out of ESPN true?

Were some of the coaches that shut Wilson down in the meeting Pete's sons?

Because why or how would any coach have more clout than Wilson?

Wilson should be literally the most important person in the entire Seahawk organization but for Jody.

John63

Reaction score
AgentDib":3ibwi9wk said:
brimsalabim":3ibwi9wk said:
I take that as if he comes of 3 or 4 million dollars on his salary that he wants to know he is getting a solid pass blocking offensive lineman for his money? The fact that Pete shut that down is troublesome if true.
Zero chance the Seahawks would have shut down Russ agreeing to less total money unless the conditions were in the realm of crazy.

If there is any truth to a potential restructure, that's just the player making the same amount of money sooner (for them) in order to delay the cap hit for the team - a financial vehicle that robs future years and one we should use as little as possible.

really you dont think Wilson might have said yeah lets change my contract to bring in Oline help? he did it for Brown. I can see PC saying sure redo but no guarantee on oline help.

Latest posts