Chris Simms: "RW camp says no confidence in coaching staff"

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1f9yhu3t said:
So was the story out of ESPN true?

Were some of the coaches that shut Wilson down in the meeting Pete's sons?

Because why or how would any coach have more clout than Wilson?

Wilson should be literally the most important person in the entire Seahawk organization but for Jody.

Well given by PCs own words the only ones who could hold him somewhat accountable was his sons, I would say the odds are really good it was. Rally does not matter your franchise QB come sot with ideas you should listen, say you will take it in advise and thank them. not blow them off. For that matter you shold be that way with any player, who knwos they might knwo what they are tlakign about.

Bosses blow people off

Leaders listen

Sounds like we have bosses not leaders in the coaching group

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
John63":1uo8t6cc said:
Bosses blow people off

Leaders listen

Sounds like we have bosses not leaders in the coaching group

So true.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2mdprl7j said:
pittpnthrs":2mdprl7j said:
John63":2mdprl7j said:
IndyHawk":2mdprl7j said:
You know I'm going to put my two cents in now..For the first five years
I was in RW's corner..You can go back and see but you won't find anything
but me being just like you guys.I tend to see things and look ahead
more than the average person.I don't want to wait until the guy is washed
up and worth nothing but a massive cap hit.The signs are already there
and he clearly is not in his prime,most QB's do not age like a Brady.
He wants to blame the coaching staff but you got to two SB's and took
a good chunk of the cap afterwards...Did he get better?Not nearly like I
thought and you can point to his legs covering a lot of limitations by going
off script and playing sandlot ect which is fine till your legs are gone right?
Then you are pretty much f***.I think Pete knew all this and tried to
protect him.You have RW worrying about cooking and legacy so Pete
decided to expose him so now he wants to blame anything but himself.
i'm sure he wants out and PC wants him out too I believe ..That dead cap
is an issue but if Russ pays his bonus back he can get an extension
with new team that pays all that back so not a big issue for the Bears.
Another thing..People assume Paul Allen would be on RW's side..I don't
think so..He hired Pete to be his Main football man,I don't think he would
believe in letting one player trying to get his way over the team..Nah

You are entitled to your opinion but the facts and stats do not support he has not gotten better.

Yeah, this isnt really about Russell Wilson as much as its about Pete Carroll. The Hawks won the Super Bowl with the perfect storm of a great defense, a great RB, and a great QB. All the boxes were checked. The following year they almost repeated, but the defense was hurt and Pete called the worst play in the history of sports. Afterwards the coaching deficiencies started to rear their ugly head after Pete lost the locker room and the talent left. It was obvious then and more so now that Carroll needed ultimate talent to win. Why? Because he cant deviate from his philosophy and schemes. Is he too stubborn or just not a good enough coach? I dont know, but the fact is he wont. With this kind of mindset, its a miracle the team has done as well as they have and thats due to Russ. Problem is, once the team makes it into the post season, they fail because of the scheme being ran and the talent trying to run it.

Russ is not the problem, it is and has been Pete.
This.

:ditto:

knownone

Reaction score
Looks like the Wilson brigade is reaching the pinnacle of the blame game. I'm not sure how anyone could look at this situation and blame Pete, but I suppose there are some who take reading between the lines to its logical extreme. Don't get me wrong, I can understand wanting Russell over Pete. What I don't understand is laying all of the teams failures on Pete while acting as if this team would be nothing without Wilson.

I'm also not sure how Russ and his team attacking the Seahawks and their credibility is somehow Pete's fault. If Russ was so unhappy, why did he sign his new contract? They'd been together for 8 years before he signed that deal. But now all of sudden Wilson is so upset that he's willing to potentially torch his reputation? I'm not buying his motivations. He's not trying to leverage the organization into giving him power. He's trying to force a trade to a bigger market.

kf3339

Reaction score
knownone":2ko8kaa0 said:
Looks like the Wilson brigade is reaching the pinnacle of the blame game. I'm not sure how anyone could look at this situation and blame Pete, but I suppose there are some who take reading between the lines to its logical extreme. Don't get me wrong, I can understand wanting Russell over Pete. What I don't understand is laying all of the teams failures on Pete while acting as if this team would be nothing without Wilson.

I'm also not sure how Russ and his team attacking the Seahawks and their credibility is somehow Pete's fault. If Russ was so unhappy, why did he sign his new contract? They'd been together for 8 years before he signed that deal. But now all of sudden Wilson is so upset that he's willing to potentially torch his reputation? I'm not buying his motivations. He's not trying to leverage the organization into giving him power. He's trying to force a trade to a bigger market.

The issues with PC have been burning for years well before any of this with RW came out. You can go back to the second SB and how we lost and move forward to today. The signs have been there if some would have just opened their eyes. That is not to say that RW is blameless in any of this mess. But the signs were definitely there and covered up by PC, JS and even PA to a degree.

How this ends is any ones guess right now. But it all smells like S*&t to me. :pukeface:

AgentDib

Reaction score
John63":2s5w6oep said:
really you dont think Wilson might have said yeah lets change my contract to bring in Oline help? he did it for Brown. I can see PC saying sure redo but no guarantee on oline help.
I am positive that he didn't and I don't even think he should. I've also explained this before, but Wilson did not give up any money for Brown.

He was given a restructure that converted some of his base salary into a bonus. Teams can artificially spread bonuses over the entire duration of the contract and so this is purely an accounting trick that moves some of a player's current cap hit into future years. It does not mean they get the actual money any later, rather they are typically paid the bonus immediately if the team has the cash on the hand. So the player gets the same amount of money but sooner and the team gets more cap room right now, but the downside is that the team has less cap room in future seasons.

These sort of contract restructures are only a benefit to the players involved because money is today is worth more than money tomorrow, hence the concept of interest rates and discount rates.

olyfan63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":xjk32ufi said:
[
Carroll is a cancer. The team doesnt have the talent to move forward in his scheme and he and JS cant draft well enough to replenish it. 12-4 in the regular season looks great, but it was one of the easiest schedules the team will have the pleasure of ever having. 12-4 was a paper record. Once they got to the playoffs, they laid the proverbial egg as usual because they honestly werent that good.

Everybody remembers the 90's. Why bring it up? Its such a weak argument. Its as if some were so traumatized by the 90's that they dare not ask for changes today so the team can maybe progress some. Sad.

We also remember SB48 with the crap Oline, the RB that led the league in yards after contact and the legendary defense. The team won that game despite that horrible line. Todays team doesnt have the youth and talent to overcome that obstacle so the QB is asking the organization to fix that. Whats the issue?

Wilson is the most successful QB the team has ever had. Carroll is the most successful coach the team has ever had. Wilson will be successful anywhere he goes. Its is doubtful Carroll will be successful without Russ. The choice is pretty obvious as to which one to keep.

Not everybody remembers the Seahawks suckitude 90's. There are youngsters who weren't Seahawks fan or even born during some of those sucky seasons!

We don't know, you don't know, how successful Wilson will or won't be in another NFL team's scheme, system, and personnel. I do think it's fair to say whatever team Wilson plays for, including the Seahawks, will need to adjust their schemes and personnel to align with Wilson's strengths, or he won't be very successful. We saw Russell implode in the Bills game, and the Giants game, in a way I'd not seen from Russell ever before. Battered, confused, making bad decisions, committing turnovers in bunches, failing to adjust to 2-deep safeties. Schotty's fault? Pete's fault? Russell's limitations? Then the Rams playoff game was like a rerun of those games. If Russell wants to be in the same conversation with Brady and Mahomes, that Rams playoff game was his opportunity to impose his will and elevate his team. Did not happen. Yeah, but Aaron Donald. Legit point, but still, Russell had the opportunity and didn't make it happen.

You and others are too emotionally attached to Russell to approach this with full objectivity. I honestly don't think any team will make an offer that will cause Pete and John to pull the trigger. Chicago... maybe, but not likely. You and several others are also not objective about Pete, and the TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DECISIONS he has to make each season, some of which you are going to disagree with, and then not give him credit for the 98% of decisions he gets right, and hyper-focus on the 2% of decisions he gets wrong. A 12-4 record and a division title in the toughest division in football is nothing to sneeze at. A first-round wildcard exit is, however.

For example, if San Diego offered Justin Herbert and 3 #1 picks for Russell, it would be worth considering. It won't happen, but the point is there are, in theory, deals that could make sense to do. Way more deals that don't make sense. Mitchell Trubisky and 3 #1s? No thanks.

Ultimately, it's a lot of posturing by both sides. I'd sure like to see Russell running a McVay-style offense under Shane Waldron, with some upgrades in the OL and weapons. That would be the best, and IMO, most successful outcome.

beastalamode

Reaction score
kf3339":1tbs3qdn said:
Sports Hernia":1tbs3qdn said:
pittpnthrs":1tbs3qdn said:
John63":1tbs3qdn said:
You are entitled to your opinion but the facts and stats do not support he has not gotten better.

Yeah, this isnt really about Russell Wilson as much as its about Pete Carroll. The Hawks won the Super Bowl with the perfect storm of a great defense, a great RB, and a great QB. All the boxes were checked. The following year they almost repeated, but the defense was hurt and Pete called the worst play in the history of sports. Afterwards the coaching deficiencies started to rear their ugly head after Pete lost the locker room and the talent left. It was obvious then and more so now that Carroll needed ultimate talent to win. Why? Because he cant deviate from his philosophy and schemes. Is he too stubborn or just not a good enough coach? I dont know, but the fact is he wont. With this kind of mindset, its a miracle the team has done as well as they have and thats due to Russ. Problem is, once the team makes it into the post season, they fail because of the scheme being ran and the talent trying to run it.

Russ is not the problem, it is and has been Pete.
This.

:ditto:

To my dying day I will never understand why we are talking about trading our top5 qb when we have a 69 year old head coach who is stubborn as hell and is about to retire soon anyways.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
olyfan63":2pvmxfq0 said:
Not everybody remembers the Seahawks suckitude 90's. There are youngsters who weren't Seahawks fan or even born during some of those sucky seasons!

Nah, it has nothing to do with the younger fans. Its just a horribly weak argument some make because they fear change. Do you think younger fans care at all about how bad the team was 30 years ago? They only care about whats going on right now (like all of us should be). They arent interested in some history lesson that has absolutely nothing to do with todays team.

We don't know, you don't know, how successful Wilson will or won't be in another NFL team's scheme, system, and personnel. I do think it's fair to say whatever team Wilson plays for, including the Seahawks, will need to adjust their schemes and personnel to align with Wilson's strengths, or he won't be very successful. We saw Russell implode in the Bills game, and the Giants game, in a way I'd not seen from Russell ever before. Battered, confused, making bad decisions, committing turnovers in bunches, failing to adjust to 2-deep safeties. Schotty's fault? Pete's fault? Russell's limitations? Then the Rams playoff game was like a rerun of those games. If Russell wants to be in the same conversation with Brady and Mahomes, that Rams playoff game was his opportunity to impose his will and elevate his team. Did not happen. Yeah, but Aaron Donald. Legit point, but still, Russell had the opportunity and didn't make it happen.

I'm willing to put my money on the QB thats been historically good since hes been in the league. Good enough that his numbers and stats are up there with the very best. Yeah, he'll be just fine no matter where he goes.

Implode in the Bills game? He threw for nearly 400 yards with 2 tds (2 int) and they scored 34 points. The defense is what imploded in that game. Yeah the Giants game was tragic. You bring up the Rams playoff game and how he should have elevated his game, but thats pretty hard when there were Rams in his face all game long. Speaking of that, go back to that game and see how many rollouts were called by the coaching staff to try and get the QB some time. I'll help you. There were ZERO rollouts called in that game. ZERO. Now thats some fantastic coaching right there. The worst thing about that game was afterwards when Carroll couldnt comprehend what had just happened. He was completely clueless and confused as to why his game plan didnt work and theirs did. Thats embarrassing and an all to common event with Pete.

You and others are too emotionally attached to Russell to approach this with full objectivity. I honestly don't think any team will make an offer that will cause Pete and John to pull the trigger. Chicago... maybe, but not likely. You and several others are also not objective about Pete, and the TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DECISIONS he has to make each season, some of which you are going to disagree with, and then not give him credit for the 98% of decisions he gets right, and hyper-focus on the 2% of decisions he gets wrong. A 12-4 record and a division title in the toughest division in football is nothing to sneeze at. A first-round wildcard exit is, however.

Emotionally attached to a future HOF, franchise QB the likes that this team has never had before? Guilty. Its not the QB that needs the trigger pulled on him, its the coach. The same coach that refuses to change and adapt and makes the same mistakes over and over and over again. The same coach that has relied on his QB to pull a rabbit out of his hat in the 4th quarter for how long now. The same coach that never seems to learn.

Again with the 12-4. You do realize how easy the schedule was last season dont you? If you dont, oh well. How many teams above .500 did Seattle beat last year by the way? The team was never as good as the regular season record indicated.

For example, if San Diego offered Justin Herbert and 3 #1 picks for Russell, it would be worth considering. It won't happen, but the point is there are, in theory, deals that could make sense to do. Way more deals that don't make sense. Mitchell Trubisky and 3 #1s? No thanks.

The fact that a young QB and 3 #1 picks is a consideration and not a slam dunk should tell you all you need to know.

Ultimately, it's a lot of posturing by both sides. I'd sure like to see Russell running a McVay-style offense under Shane Waldron, with some upgrades in the OL and weapons. That would be the best, and IMO, most successful outcome.

I agree with you. Sadly what we're going to get is Waldron running a Carroll-style offense and thats the problem. Nothing is going to change until Pete is shown the door.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
beastalamode":1ai0gfaw said:
To my dying day I will never understand why we are talking about trading our top5 qb when we have a 69 year old head coach who is stubborn as hell and is about to retire soon anyways.

Because that 69 year old coach just signed a 5 year extension.

Latest posts