Chuck Powell interesting idea - trade Russell

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27hf7htj said:
Hawkpower":27hf7htj said:
Glad someone said this. Could not have said it better. If this is such a smart concept why aren't teams with great QBs doing it?
Because all anybody has ever done is pay and keep qbs that win a SB, the vast majority wrongfully so. We dominated with running and defense. The further we get from that, the more and more ordinary we become.

We had that before Wilson and did nothing, so much for that.

We did not have a dominating defense and running game before Wilson was here.

And I love RW, but can we quit asking "would you trade Brady?"

Russ is not Tom Brady.

I never said he was......
You missed the point if that's what you came away with after reading my post.

Well, I was responding to the person who asked "would you trade Rodgers/Brady? when talking about Russell Wilson and trading high.

If you werent the one making that comment, no worries.

To the person who made that comment, I simply said its an invalid argument because two of those guys are franchise QB's who are MVP level every year.

The third guy is a franchise QB who is a really nice young QB.
I'm the guy that brought it up. Like I said, I was not saying Russ is better than Brady or AR.
I just want to know if the OP was willing to trade those 2 considering they'd bring back a crap ton in a trade, and that was the "basis" for him entertaining the idea of trading RW.
It's an apples and oranges debate until Russ is at or near their level. Those guys don't average like 4 points in road games against mediocre defenses.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tical21":2kfoi95j said:
It's an apples and oranges debate until Russ is at or near their level. Those guys don't average like 4 points in road games against mediocre defenses.

Clearly you are not qualified to compare an apple to an orange.

FACT: We averaged 16 points on the road last season.
FACT: Wilson is near that same level as Brady and Rodgers at this point in his career.
FACT: Wilson played with 3 different injuries and the worst oline in the NFL last season.

Do you suppose fact 3 had anything to do with last seasons results?

You have exaggerated the issue (saying 4 points average), by 400%.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":226vla1i said:
Tical21":226vla1i said:

Clearly you are not qualified to compare an apple to an orange.

FACT: We averaged 16 points on the road last season.
FACT: Wilson is near that same level as Brady and Rodgers at this point in his career.
FACT: Wilson played with 3 different injuries and the worst oline in the NFL last season.

Do you suppose fact 3 had anything to do with last seasons results?

You are clearly trolling and now have exaggerated the issue (saying 4 points average), by 400%.

Time to give it up since it's down to this level of BS.

The OPs pathetic point was we should trade Wilson now since we can get a ton for him since he is a Franchise QB. Rodges and Brady our both Franchise Qbs. So the comparison is valid. Then comes the lies about scoring, the omission about injuries etc etc. He ignores facts that blow his warped theory out of the water such as Wilson having the 2nd highest career Qb rating which clearly puts him right up there, or the fact that Wilson has had the worse oline of the 3 by far, OR the fact that just last year when healthy he went on a roll that even Brady and Rodgers wold be envious of, the key HEALTHY, also he provides no facts to support his. Also he is doing all of this with an offense still not built around him, fact to support it 32nd ranked pass blocking oline. As has been stated he is trolling and despite his attempts to deny it clearly has a agenda and that is to push his dislike of Wilson at all cost. This whole premise is warped, is not based on any logic or fact and pretty much a joke.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tical21":syiw5jvo said:
Sports Hernia":syiw5jvo said:
Hawkpower":syiw5jvo said:
Glad someone said this. Could not have said it better. If this is such a smart concept why aren't teams with great QBs doing it?
Because all anybody has ever done is pay and keep qbs that win a SB, the vast majority wrongfully so. We dominated with running and defense. The further we get from that, the more and more ordinary we become.

We had that before Wilson and did nothing, so much for that.

We did not have a dominating defense and running game before Wilson was here.

And I love RW, but can we quit asking "would you trade Brady?"

Russ is not Tom Brady.

I never said he was......
You missed the point if that's what you came away with after reading my post.

Well, I was responding to the person who asked "would you trade Rodgers/Brady? when talking about Russell Wilson and trading high.

If you werent the one making that comment, no worries.

To the person who made that comment, I simply said its an invalid argument because two of those guys are franchise QB's who are MVP level every year.

The third guy is a franchise QB who is a really nice young QB.
I'm the guy that brought it up. Like I said, I was not saying Russ is better than Brady or AR.
I just want to know if the OP was willing to trade those 2 considering they'd bring back a crap ton in a trade, and that was the "basis" for him entertaining the idea of trading RW.
Nice dodge. So I l'll take it your answer is no. Also you may want to check your 4 points number.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Its funny in Rodgers 5th year he only avg 17 points on the road and he was healthy all year. In Bradys 5th year he avg 18 on the road and was also healthy all year. Hmm OPs argument just got blew up. So his 2 utopian QBs could only manage 1-2 more points per game on the road while 100% healthy in their 5th year over Wilson who had 3 major injuries. LOL

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
14th in passer rating this year. Do you consider Brady Quinn to be an elite player too?

Largent80

Reaction score
Tical21":1kchvfy6 said:
14th in passer rating this year. Do you consider Brady Quinn to be an elite player too?

Ha, you are going to make this dude blow his last tire....Hahahaha

I wish the mods would change his user name to Wilsonsjock.

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
Largent80":c1m507iz said:
Tical21":c1m507iz said:

Shhhhhhhhh

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":dkyjhb57 said:
Tical21":dkyjhb57 said:

What part of injured all year dont you understand. Still 2nd highest career QB rating, thanks for playing

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2na9vizm said:
Didn't read the whole thread. Who the hell is Chuck Powell? And why does anyone pay him any attention?
Post of the week! :2thumbs:

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tical21":145t92qi said:

Hmm 2015 Rodgers had the 15rh best QB rating. In 2013 Brady was 17th in QB rating. Your point as always is BS. Last year when he was healthy Wilson led the league in QB rating. So much for your bs

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I'm also intrigued by what Wilson could do on a team that at least have a capable Oline, of course I don't want to see him in another uniform, but He's never had a great passing Oline here.

I think Wilson could follow Manning as the next QB to win a SB with 2 different teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":bvmm2bq0 said:
Largent80":bvmm2bq0 said:
Tical21":bvmm2bq0 said:

What part of injured all year dont you understand. Still 2nd highest career QB rating, thanks for playing

The issue with how our Line has played is does this become normal for us, if he is constantly injured then he is not going to be elite and will begin to develop survival instincts that counter football skills and throwing motions etc.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":2mm5rrpj said:
Anthony!":2mm5rrpj said:
Largent80":2mm5rrpj said:
Tical21":2mm5rrpj said:

The issue with how our Line has played is does this become normal for us, if he is constantly injured then he is not going to be elite and will begin to develop survival instincts that counter football skills and throwing motions etc.

Well our line has been bad ever since he got here and this is the first year he got seriously hurt so the history says no. Its up to the coaching staff to improve the line and ensure that does not happen. You don't trade your franchise QB because you are worried about the oline, you fix the oline

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What has been the LA Rams record the past 5 years (a lot of 6-7 win seasons)? Because without Russell Wilson, the Seahawks would have been similar to them. A strong defense but no QB. RW is one of the primary reasons this team has made the playoffs (at very least) each season he has been the starting QB. Furthermore, the Seahawks were a perennial 7 win team under PC/JS before RW arrived. Then they became a 10+ win team.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Interesting how narrow the focus has to be to actually make RW look bad, LMAO!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tical21

Tical21

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2g6sjpwb said:

You could argue it that way, or you could say the fanatics will go to great lengths to skew things to draw attention away from his shortcomings.

Use your own eyes. Is it not true that all the feared shortcomings of #3, including blitz identification and execution, progressing through reads, stepping up in the pocket, passing (seeing) in the middle of the field, effectiveness in the red zone, ability to thrive without a dominant running game, ALL became glowingly apparent in this first season without Lynch? I think he'll get through it, but at the very least you have to be alarmed, and think that the dominant running game is probably more vital to our success than anything else, and we need to explore any possible avenue that could bring one back.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Tical21":122bjb4v said:
HawKnPeppa":122bjb4v said:

You could argue it that way, or you could say the fanatics will go to great lengths to skew things to draw attention away from his shortcomings.

Use your own eyes. Is it not true that all the feared shortcomings of #3, including blitz identification and execution, progressing through reads, stepping up in the pocket, passing (seeing) in the middle of the field, effectiveness in the red zone, ability to thrive without a dominant running game, ALL became glowingly apparent in this first season without Lynch? I think he'll get through it, but at the very least you have to be alarmed, and think that the dominant running game is probably more vital to our success than anything else, and we need to explore any possible avenue that could bring one back.

Actually no use your eyes he led the league in QB rating last year when healthy, without Lynch he set Seahawks records so obviously well to anyone not using your hater eyes he proved he can do it without Lynch when healthy. I mean this post is well your second worst, right behind the original. This one is filled with complete lies. Now if you are talking this year okay, except once again you are leaving out 2 huge facts, 1 HE WAS INJURED ALL YEAR, 2, HIS OLINE WAS THE WORST IN THE NFL. Those 2 FACTS make your whole post again at best slanted, at worst lies.