Cleveland Guardians @ Seattle Mariners, Mar 30-Apr 2

Chapow

Reaction score
Disappointing to start 1-3, for sure, but I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, blow it all up, and fire everyone just yet.

Cleveland is a good team. They won 92 games and the AL Central last year. We lost by 2 yesterday, and had a great opportunity to take the lead in the 8th with 2 on and Julio then Cal at the plate. Just didn't get it done. We lost by 1 in extra innings today. These are 2 very close losses that easily could have gone the other way. The other 2 games were a 3 run win, and a big loss due to uncharacteristically horrible pitching (13 hits and 8 walks) and 3 errors. But games like that are going to happen to every team in the league over the course of a 162 game season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, yeah, it's a disappointing start, but some of you are acting like we're 20-60 half way through the season. We're not. We've got 158 games to go. Relax.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Disappointing to start 1-3, for sure, but I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel, blow it all up, and fire everyone just yet.

Cleveland is a good team. They won 92 games and the AL Central last year. We lost by 2 yesterday, and had a great opportunity to take the lead in the 8th with 2 on and Julio then Cal at the plate. Just didn't get it done. We lost by 1 in extra innings today. These are 2 very close losses that easily could have gone the other way. The other 2 games were a 3 run win, and a big loss due to uncharacteristically horrible pitching (13 hits and 8 walks) and 3 errors. But games like that are going to happen to every team in the league over the course of a 162 game season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Again, yeah, it's a disappointing start, but some of you are acting like we're 20-60 half way through the season. We're not. We've got 158 games to go. Relax.
You're right. Poor emotional posts by me. I'm sorry.

It just felt like all this building was for 2023, and they completely squandered this off-season. They gained little ground to the Astros, if any.

It's like, either go for it, or don't. Why trade for Castillo if they're not going to get some more bats?

I'm just frustrated. I was hoping this would be the year they could finally break through. And yes, I know it's only 4 games in but I feel like we're always doing this.

"Its only May" then "Its only June"
Then before we know it we're 15 games back in the division and we're fighting for a wild card.

Cleveland is a solid club, absolutely. This was a good measuring stick series out the gate while both clubs are healthy, and what I see is the Ms are still a wild card team at best.

What's concerning now is all the mental mistakes. They should've had that cleaned up in Peoria, not making those errors with 35k people finally showing up and supporting the team. That's a good way to lose the fairwrather fans quickly.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
not going to be emotionally invested in a team that ownership doesn't even invest in. ownership deserves what they pay for.

ownership went cheap this offseason when they promised to spend. lots of momentum coming off of last year. yet, 18th/30 in opening day salary. hillbilly houston's roster is over 50m more than ours. houston. sheesh. early returns aren't stellar, now are they? atleast 2 big bats away... still. maybe we can trade ray for a top prospect or 2 to recoup some of what we lost for castillo.

i'm going to continue follow the m's, but only care about certain players (julio, castillo, brash, kirby, dumper, jk) with the illusory hope that ownership will one day spend money to improve the roster.

Chapow

Reaction score
not going to be emotionally invested in a team that ownership doesn't even invest in. ownership deserves what they pay for.

ownership went cheap this offseason when they promised to spend. lots of momentum coming off of last year. yet, 18th/30 in opening day salary. hillbilly houston's roster is over 50m more than ours. houston. sheesh. early returns aren't stellar, now are they? atleast 2 big bats away... still. maybe we can trade ray for a top prospect or 2 to recoup some of what we lost for castillo.

i'm going to continue follow the m's, but only care about certain players (julio, castillo, brash, kirby, dumper, jk) with the illusory hope that ownership will one day spend money to improve the roster.

I think that's fair. They could have done a lot more in the off season to make this team better, but chose not too. That sucks.

Gotta say though, not really getting the hillbilly Houston thing. Like Houston is some sort of obscure backwater town? You do realize that the Houston metro area is significantly larger than the Seattle metro area, with a much larger population?

Ruminator

Reaction score
I believe we lost a bunch in a row last season, and the season before that, and the season before that, and...

TIMD

Reaction score
All you do is throw tantrums and complain. You're like the weirdest fan ever. You seem like you genuinely HATE the team and never enjoy a single second of M's baseball even when things are going their way and they're playing well.

I just don't get it. If they make you so miserable, why on earth would you keep subjecting yourself to this?
Well unlike YOU & the other blind Rah Rah's, I actually want to win a World Series. Seattle the only franchise yet to do so. If YOU are happy with mediocre performances that is your right, stop coming in here & trying to criticize me because I expect more. Go get a therapy dog, a therapy blanket & go find a safe space so you don't have to deal with thoughts & ideas that disagree with yours.

Chapow

Reaction score
Well unlike YOU & the other blind Rah Rah's, I actually want to win a World Series. Seattle the only franchise yet to do so. If YOU are happy with mediocre performances that is your right, stop coming in here & trying to criticize me because I expect more. Go get a therapy dog, a therapy blanket & go find a safe space so you don't have to deal with thoughts & ideas that disagree with yours.

Only one of us is on the verge of stroking out due to rage over a baseball team, and it isn't me. Might want to take your own advice and find a good therapist.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I was going to buy some tickets this year to some games, maybe an 8 game package or something. All they had to do was sign some bats, but since they don't care I don't care. Maybe next year

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Giving up after 4 games? How very TIMD of you. Dude is the biggest whiner on dot net. Miserable buzzard.
There's 158 games left.

Last edited:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah no reason to give up on the fourth game of the season. But the FO did halt all momentum from last season by not spending in the off season. I just feel like our ceiling is capped at what we did last season.

And while we may not have closed the gap on the Astros, I do think the Angels and Rangers will be better than last season.

In Russell Wilson's rookie year, we made it to the playoffs, won one game and then lost to the Falcons. In the off season we added Avril, Michael Bennett and Percy Harvin. The Hawks took the next step. They went from playoff contender to SB contender.

The Mariners did not make that same jump.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe you. But if so, weak sauce. Don't go full TIMD. That guy would rather kick puppies and tell everyone they don't want to make the world series.
You're not giving up :)

Last edited: