Clink

samwize77

Reaction score
Will become the oldest stadium in the NFC west soon. Wow, how time flies!

babyblues

Reaction score
Hard to believe that CLink will be going on to 15 years as the Hawks home. Still a top tier venue.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Yes, The Clink is superb. It is not just the building that allows it to remain a top venue. Entering the stadium one gets a feeling of electricity from all that is going on around you. Nighttime games even more so.
Live bands in a few spots inside and right outside the stadium. Blue Thunder drum corp laying down their exemplary rudiments, always on the move. Taima, the Osprey (Seahawk) flies out of the Seahawk's tunnel -untethered- to midfield where the trainer stands. All loud! Player introductions (loud) followed by raising the 12th flag by someone near and dear (very loud).
In other words, we rock.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
You do rock.

Never lived there but would. My wife is a southern gal so here we stay. My office is literally across the street from the superdome, I look at the stadium and see guys pressure washing the dome all summer. It magical on the outdie. Inside its a bowling alley.

I saw beast quake when I used to pull for the saints and my ears perked up. Saw Pete in an interview, followed the team since.

For Christmas last year, my wife and I went to the 2nd SF game. Stayed at the four seasons, ate at vons, drank at every little bar between the hotel and the stadium. Had a blast.

Something about a stadium downtown that shows how cool a city is.

Grew up in Buffalo. Played ball in War Memorial. Carpooled to Rich Stadium. Yuck.
Went to college in New England, cant even taxi to Foxborough from Worcester.

Seattle does it as about as well as anyone. Clink is just awesome

kearly

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind "trading" the Clink for Arizona's spaceship stadium if only because our offense always looks so damn good there- sheltered from the conditions yet still on natural grass. Ironically, the Clink's fast surface favors Palmer and the Cardinals offense more than Seattle's.

For all the talk about Century Link's architecture helping with crowd noise, you could fill any stadium with 12's and it would be deafening. Deafening crowd noise is mostly about fan attitude (unless you have 100,000 of them going on a signal like KC did).

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":1yqxzh48 said:
I think Russell Wilson is kind of jealous of Arizona's stadium. And I think Carson Palmer is jealous of the Clink.

retractable roof time! couldn't be that hard......

kearly

Reaction score
Smellyman":91xgg1u7 said:
kearly":91xgg1u7 said:
I think Russell Wilson is kind of jealous of Arizona's stadium. And I think Carson Palmer is jealous of the Clink.

retractable roof time! couldn't be that hard......

I would love to see that.

Latest posts