Close But No Cigar...

renofox

Reaction score
I would love to have a better understanding about illegal man downfield penalties. I truly don't get it. Why does the league care if a lineman is down the field, especially since he is ineligible as a receiver? I'm sure the answer is obvious to some, but I simply don't see the harm in a lineman 3+ yards beyond the line of scrimmage on a passing play.
Because it would change, on a fundamental level, the way the game is played.

The game would look nothing like what we have now, which is the best team sport the world has ever seen.

imo, football would not be worth watching with such a massive, fundamental change.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Not close (we lost 41-23)... and I want to smoke a cigar.

A Cuban Monte No. 4 would be the perfect cigar to smoke right now.

I'm headed out to my garage for about 45 minutes to hit balls and smoke that Monte.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mmm, Good choice. I am a Padron 64 Anniversario kind of guy myself.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Mmm, Good choice. I am a Padron 64 Anniversario kind of guy myself.
Good choice as well.

I have a Padron 1926 Series Torpedo that my son gave me last Father's Day. I'm saving it for when the mood to smoke it hits me. Perhaps the first real warm day this spring.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Improve the LG/C/RG and most the DL and we will be in great shape. Yeah, easy to say.
That's what I would be looking at. Maybe consider getting someone to pair with #9.
In case R Penny isn't ready. I hope he is though.

balakoth

Reaction score
I spent a large portion of my morning telling my daughter what we all know. House money. Glad to be here. If it wasn't for the Lions we wouldn't even be given this opportunity to plow themselves into a buzzsaw like a bunch of lemmings.

Look, the game was more or less what we all expected. Moments of "Hey we have a chance!!" riddled with the majority of "Yep, and this is why we are not ready for prime time." Look, let's be honest. While the second quarter gave us the illusion that we could actually pull this magical ride off, it was the second half that reminded us all that we are a year or two away to truly compete on the 9ers level.

Even with a rookie QB! That is the single thing that hurt me the most. We could never garner any true pass rush and there you have it. The fact is, our defense by and large is terrible. Are we not ranked 30th out of 32 defensively?? Lordy.

That's not to say we don't have any talent on D because we clearly do. The problem is we just don't have good enough talent on the DL. And look no further than the 9ers to see how vital it is to have talent on the DL. My greatest wish is that we NAIL the draft this April with DL picks. The lack of pass rush disgusted me in this game. Nearly as much as the lack of WRAPPING UP AND TACKLING on the initial hit. think I stopped counting after 16 missed tackles.

Disgusting.

Let's move on to Geno. He proved his ceiling in this game. Moments of glory mixed with baffling plays of turnovers. If I were his QB coach I would smack him (gently) over the head and say STOP WITH THE STANDING IN THE POCKET WHEN THE POCKET IS COLLAPSING AROUND YOU!! Good lord Geno have you ever heard the term bootleg?!?

The only time I ever want to conjure up the ghost of Russ is in those moments where the pocket is collapsing around Geno...RUN FORREST RUN!!!

I certainly don't blame Geno for this loss but I owe it to myself as a cognizant fan of this team to suggest he needs to do better if he wants that top tier payday. He fumbles in the worst situations. Throws picks in the worst situations. Yet I respect his numbers and that he is actually a very good quarterback.

So what are we to do?

I think we are legitimately two years away to being at the 9ers level. Does that include Geno? I have no idea. It will be very telling how the Seahawks select their draft picks in 3 months.
So... I agree with most but.. baffling plays of turnovers?

Man still can't get protection because 31 other teams know how to rush a passer

His int was him forcing it.. when it was all but over... not sure what else you speak of.

Now imagine having a defense

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One score game late in the 3rd quarter before the fumble. Credit to the Niners, they absolutely stomped on the opportunity.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So... I agree with most but.. baffling plays of turnovers?

Man still can't get protection because 31 other teams know how to rush a passer

His int was him forcing it.. when it was all but over... not sure what else you speak of.

Now imagine having a defense

I was referring to the baffling amounts of times when he gets in trouble he tends to allow the ball to pop out. Instead of it being just a sack, they tend to be turnovers, and at the worst possible times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has done that his entire career too. People can blame the o line all they want, HE has to be a hell of a lot more careful in the clutch. He did that same exact thing late in the game earlier this year. You have to take care of the ball, period.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
It’s not a coincidence that our winning streak started when Haynes started At RG. 😉. Jackson is an old warrior but is an issue at RG. A center with some sand in his pants would help immensely.

balakoth

Reaction score
I was referring to the baffling amounts of times when he gets in trouble he tends to allow the ball to pop out. Instead of it being just a sack, they tend to be turnovers, and at the worst possible times.
Well that ball wasn't just "popping" out on any of those plays.. but hey.... watch or don't watch.. doesn't matter to me