Cody Barton

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw him a lot more than I was hoping this last game. I profess to know zilch about scheme. What changed from previous weeks to this week? I prefer to keep him relegated to special teams personally. When he is out there as one of our main LBs I cringe. Against the Giants he seemed to not get into too much trouble. I need someone much smarter than me with X's and O's to tell me why he is earning more playing time as of late.

acer1240

Reaction score
His angles are bad Aros. When he does get there he doesn't wrap up. Like you, I wonder why he is even in there. Hoping someone with more knowledge will jump in here because I don't understand.

Rainger

Reaction score
Well alI i can say is "in Pete I trust". Maybe he has some issues to work through but if he is as bad as all say he will he gone. Until then I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I saw a couple of good plays by him today.

acer1240

Reaction score
Hard to doubt Pete for sure but my heavens, Barton looks bad.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Almost got a pick on 4th down, got Barkley down one on one was impressive. Other than that he was overall solid I 'spose.

He will play more against run heavy teams, especially w/o good pass catchers.

Scout

Reaction score
Barton can blitz and he can drop into zone. Other than that he is very limited.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Since we seem to have a QB for the forseeable future, I wouldn't mind sacrificing some draft captial in exchange for Roquan Smith, since he seems to be available, he'd be a better solution than Barton I think.