Collier A Healthy Scratch

massari

Reaction score
Collins too

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/1437077805322448901[/tweet]

seabowl

Reaction score
Man this really sucks. Collier is just another on the path of high draft pick reaches over the last 5 years.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Heck with Collier. I'm more concerned about Collins

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
This Collins love reminds me a lot of Justin Forsett and Kasen Williams. I’ll trust the coaches judgment on this one.

kf3339

Reaction score
Collier should be a trade option at this point. Sign Atkins now!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
With the Ravens hurting at RB, maybe they are trying to work out a trade involving Collins and they don't want him hurt.

keasley45

Reaction score
Some of these posts are ridiculous. Sometimes a scratch occurs because a guy isn't showing. Other times it's because you happen to be loaded at a position. We are loaded at RB and edge dl. Neither Collins or Collier suck. Coaches just felt good with who they went with.

And to say love for Collins is blind optimism is foolish. He's the 2nd best back on the roster. I'd wager Penny got the call because of who he is ( draft pick working hard to make it back from injury). And Dallas plays special teams. They didn't need to suit up another.

As far as Collier, seems obvious they wanted to go heavy edge pressure and prioritized that over having an inside / outside guy take up a spot.

It's early in the season folks. Coaches are still trying to figure out who they have.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
They had 54 on the active roster on Saturday when they elevated Rhattigan from the practice squad so he could play special teams. Some one had to sit.

sutz

Reaction score
It's game one. :laugh:

They'll be rotating DL like that all year, I imagine. With the whole team healthy, there were 8 "healthy scratches."

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":1zcxn862 said:
This Collins love reminds me a lot of Justin Forsett and Kasen Williams. I’ll trust the coaches judgment on this one.
Except for the fact that Justin Forsett played well for us every year as a change of pace back -- and he when he got a chance in Baltimore he ran for 1200 yards, 8 TDs and got a pro-bowl birth in just 14 games. Not really a great example.

Spencer Ware also had a good season in KC outside of Seattle, we kept the likes of Turbo and Cristine Michael over him.

Alex Collins himself looked good on the Seahawks in 2020 and also had a 973 yard year in Baltimore.

What about our coaches many whiffs as well? Turbo over Ware? Cristine Michael in the second round? Rashad Penny over Chubb? What about Eddie Lacy?

Our FO doesn't get everything right, and they've had a fairly spotty record with their running backs.

hawk45

Reaction score
The collier scratch was a game time tactical decision, sure, but if you’re so marginal a player you get scuttled by those week to week decisions, it is what it is.

Year 3 and he’s still fighting to be activated on game day?

On the Collins front at this point i think the coaches are going to run penny until he breaks, knowing he will break after one game. If he surprises them by staying healthy, fine, but I don’t think even they are expecting it.