Collier saves the game!

LTH

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1576uq5n said:
Tremendous stop made by Collier at the goal line to save the TD that would have beat us.

He made his mark with that one!

He sure did! Lets see if this boost of confidence can roll over to his pash rush... damn fine play if you ask me!!

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Hill blew up the play, Collier blew up Cam, without Hill stopping the FB from his assignment to seal off and lead for Cam he gets in and a step across the line.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
After watching some press conferences, Collier is very anxious to make his mark and I'm glad he had this moment to build upon. Hopefully this will portend future performance. We certainly need it on the D-line!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I was wrong, you're all wrong, and here is the truth: BOBBY FREAKIN' WAGNER.
Yes, Llano Hill did great stuff. Yes, LJ Collier put himself in good position. All 3 guys were key. But the difference-maker: Bobby Wagner. Bobby Wagner showed why he will be a first-ballot HOFer.
Wagner, from the backside, took the pulling guard and pushed him into Cam's plant leg just as Cam was going to leap over the pile on his way to the end zone. Instead of leaping, Cam somersaults short of the goal line and the game is over.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1308012888574095364[/tweet]

That Twitter post has some good discussion under it. Some tidbits: Patriots ran this same play earlier in the game. Pete Carroll anticipated it, and gave instructions to Bobby during the timeout, for the D-line to slant a certain way, and for Bobby to pursue from the backside. This time, Carroll guessed right, the players executed, and Carroll outcoached Josh McDaniels on this one!

Cam was dutifully trying to take the play to the designed hole, but it was clogged up. If he sees that a split second earlier and bounces it outside, he walks in, as Cam noted in post-game interview.

toffee

Reaction score
olyfan63":23rw0n78 said:
I was wrong, you're all wrong, and here is the truth: BOBBY FREAKIN' WAGNER.
Yes, Llano Hill did great stuff. Yes, LJ Collier put himself in good position. All 3 guys were key. But the difference-maker: Bobby Wagner. Bobby Wagner showed why he will be a first-ballot HOFer.
Wagner, from the backside, took the pulling guard and pushed him into Cam's plant leg just as Cam was going to leap over the pile on his way to the end zone. Instead of leaping, Cam somersaults short of the goal line and the game is over.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1308012888574095364[/tweet]

That Twitter post has some good discussion under it. Some tidbits: Patriots ran this same play earlier in the game. Pete Carroll anticipated it, and gave instructions to Bobby during the timeout, for the D-line to slant a certain way, and for Bobby to pursue from the backside. This time, Carroll guessed right, the players executed, and Carroll outcoached Josh McDaniels on this one!

Cam was dutifully trying to take the play to the designed hole, but it was clogged up. If he sees that a split second earlier and bounces it outside, he walks in, as Cam noted in post-game interview.
So it was Pete the old fox.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk