Cowherd: Since death of PA, Carroll has "unquestioned power"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":32xeusif said:
Fade":32xeusif said:
The irony.
Not saying that playoff appearances are the indicator of a successful season.
I would say that it most certainly is; If they don't make it into the playoffs, there is ZERO chance of playing in the big game.
I believe that some major tweaking & tune-up is a must, I can also see where Pete isn't content with just sitting on his @ZZ either, thus the Firing of Schottenheimer, & the hiring of Waldron & Co.
As smart as some of the outsiders (including Cowherd) believe that they are, Pete has probably forgotten more about the intricacies of the game, than almost ALL of these yokels.
Quarterbacks are the field Generals, and as such, should have some input on how the battles should be drawn up, but it's NOT their job to replace the TEAMS Coaches, QB's getting older, slows the game, AND the feet down, but with more experiences in the trenches, it's imperative to speed up the decisions, & release....No Offensive line can hold up stellar Defenses indefinitely...Take what they'll give you, but for crying out loud, Get rid of the damned ball LIKE TOM BRADY DOES, and LIVE to make the next play.
There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to, we can only speculate.
Guys like Cowherd like to stir the pot, but aren't any more insightful than the rest of us, otherwise, they'd be........COACHES.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":kqcsgh67 said:
So lets look at Carroll's record

NE was 11-6 the year before Carroll
17 games?
Pete made up for his slow start after REBUILDING during the first couple of years, and then A Super Bowl win, and right back to the SB the very next season.
Yes, it was with Russell Wilson, but let's be honest, it was with side-kick Marshawn & the LOB to boot.
Pete & Russ, WITHOUT having the LOB, has still kept the Seahawks in contention, even winning the NFC WEST this year, very much has to be in the conversation too.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2zvl1cyy said:
Unfortunately it’s the same arguments over and over and over. Somehow worked into almost any thread. Tiresome.

Now lately with Wilson’s stated unhappiness Pete is the devil incarnate, can do nothing right, and is a drag on the team. We must choose between them. Give me a break.

I do think Pete needs to attempt to be more inclusive in his decision making if it is truly the case he is running an autocracy at headquarters. Somehow though I suspect much of this stuff is highly exaggerated.

It’s all good! Atleast nothing is conclusive! RW commands a high trade value & Pete gets his new Franchise QB! Play the game to settle the disputes!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Are there any coaches in the past 20 years with multiple convincingly winning seasons with mediocre or worse QBs?

I get the point regarding Pete, but given the importance of the position, it seems like even great coaches don't win consistently without a good or great QB.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pinksheets":2mtp40tr said:
Are there any coaches in the past 20 years with multiple convincingly winning seasons with mediocre or worse QBs?

I get the point regarding Pete, but given the importance of the position, it seems like even great coaches don't win consistently without a good or great QB.

You mean great coaches draft great QB’s! We need a new QB Carroll needs to draft him ASAP. Carroll took the Job in Seattle because it gave him the final say on everything. It’s been this way since Day 1 Seattle extended Carroll because they like it & Schneider resigned with Seattle because he likes it.

Paul Allen’s death has had zero impact on Carroll’s power! RW wants out of Seattle then make it formal relinquish the no trade clause or in written format give Seattle a list of teams Russ will go to.

Gossip on talk shows will get Russ nowhere with Pete & John. Pete & John are sharks & Russ is a goldfish.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1jtypyua said:
pinksheets":1jtypyua said:

You mean great coaches draft great QB’s! We need a new QB Carroll needs to draft him ASAP. Carroll took the Job in Seattle because it gave him the final say on everything. It’s been this way since Day 1 Seattle extended Carroll because they like it & Schneider resigned with Seattle because he likes it.

Paul Allen’s death has had zero impact on Carroll’s power! RW wants out of Seattle then make it formal relinquish the no trade clause or in written format give Seattle a list of teams Russ will go to.

Gossip on talk shows will get Russ nowhere with Pete & John. Pete & John are sharks & Russ is a goldfish.

LOl yeah to bad in the NFL has been proven a top QB means more than a top HC.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":37sf1zrw said:

Lol! Pete got an extension because Jody Allen and crew know nothing about football and dont care to learn. Team is making money so as long as that is happening, why not let Carroll be the babysitter. They had no idea before offering that extension that the real reason the team is successful (franchise QB) was going to relent a little about how things are going. Russ will be eating shark fin soup when this all said and done. In the next couple of years when the real crap starts hitting the fan, Jody Allen will sell.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":r76gwk0m said:
pinksheets":r76gwk0m said:

Ah yes, I look forward to the next Tarvaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn.

Carroll had to report to Allen when he was alive. They had meetings every so often to discuss the direction and vision of the franchise. Paul Allen was hands off but demanded accountability. He moved on from Mora after a single year, and he also stripped Holmgren of GM powers quickly. He was hands off, but also extremely proactive when he deemed necessary. That is what made him such a great owner, Jody Allen is not that -- it is clear she is just a placeholder. I think she's just content with holding onto Carroll as a transitional guy for whoever decides to buy the Hawks. I'm not sure how long she wants to hang on to them.

Allen probably would have been in Carroll's ear right about now, putting pressure on him. I absolutely buy that Carroll has unchecked power and no accountability.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Credit goes to PC for building a championship caliber team in 2012-2015. The biggest issue I have with PC is since then is the lack of attention to coaching. His teams are ill-prepared for their opponents (especially in the playoffs) this goes back to the 2016 playoffs when they played the Panthers in the divisional game. It makes me wonder if he's paying attention to coaching the team. He's a great motivator and can pump up the guys but they need a head coach who can create game plans/strategy to beat their opponents. Plus make players better by developing them. Lockett is the only player I can say that has become a star under Carroll since 2016. One player developed into a bonafide top 10 star under Pete Carroll's coaching in the last 5-6 seasons. They don't need a cheerleader- they already have the SeaGals for that. They need the coach that PC was back in 2012-2015, the architect that built those teams and developed his players to become champions.

PC having unquestioned power wouldn't be a big issue if Seahawks were achieving to the level they as they had been doing from 2012-2015. Pete had the same amount of power then too.

Latest posts