DeeJay Dallas

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Not a fan thus far. Good receiver out of the backfield, looks rough as a running back and overly hesitant. Potentially a good project, but not someone we should rely on.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Gio":1v5po78k said:
What do you think about his tonight performance ?

Being basically the only NFL RB in the game, I thought he did excellent. Being the main runner, and quite a viable option in the passing game too. That's a lot of pressure, and he handled it well.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I thought he carried the load pretty well for his first time being the starter. The reps will teach him a lot. Hopefully Carson and Hyde will be back by the next game. He held on to the ball and didn't turn it over. I appreciate that.

Polk738

Reaction score
He definitely looked like a rookie but he did enough-SF had a pretty stout defense going into this game and you could tell he wasn't getting a lot of help from the line. Still 2 TDs and he didn't turn the ball over which was good enough, hopefully if he stays in his YPC will improve.

W

Welshers

He did what he needed to do. Personally, he showed me something. It was a GOOD first start as a pro.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
doesn't look like a guy that can run between the tackles but has the ability to be that 3rd down and long back. Played better in the 2nd half for sure

TypeSly

Reaction score
Gio":2i60y0pn said:
What do you think about his tonight performance ?

18 rush att - 41 rushing yards (2.3 ypc) - 1 TD and 5 targets - 5 catches - 17 receiving yards
Total 58 yards in 23 touches.

Didn't he have two TD's?

Rat

Reaction score
Didn't impress me as a runner, but he looks like an asset catching the ball out of the backfield. Could be a valuable outlet for Russ in the future.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Making his first career start as a 4th Round rookie?
I thought he did amazing.

We also really need Carson to be healthy

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If he was part of Russ not getting buried when the Niners blitzed he did great. Looks like a situational player who has that ability to get outside and made some guys miss when he did. But not good between the tackles. But it was his first game

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He had two TD's but that doesn't blind me to the
fact he isn't that good,I don't want to ever see him
starting and don't care if he never gets another carry.
He has a long way to go to be good.I know it's cold
and it's not his fault he had to start.I will say that I'm
happy he didn't turn the rock over.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Omg. All these not good in between the tackles responses. You guys are horrible. Dont reply if you didn't watch every single play he had. Even mark schlereth said it....said dallas keeps turning his legs and doesnt go down easy. What the hell are you guys watching?

sutz

Reaction score
Not totally down on the guy. Thought he fought hard on many plays, and made some good catches out of the backfield.

Not a bad first game carrying the load.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I thought he looked very timid/indecisive most of the game. Towards the end, something seemed to click or somebody got in his ear, IDK, but he started putting his foot in the ground and turning it upfield more. I think this is very normal for a rook finding his way so I have hope going forward but we really need the vets back healthy to let him learn behind.

Overall, I give him an "average rookie passing grade"; now he just needs to build on it and improve, a lot. :irishdrinkers:

samwize77

Reaction score
First game as starter...they gave him 18 attempts(shows SOME trust)….no turn overs....no bad mistakes......good hands out of the back field...and 2 TD's. Whats not to be happy with? He got us through the game and showed some promise! Oh...and he didn't get hurt......lol..

Jerhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":pivxm3xi said:
He had two TD's but that doesn't blind me to the
fact he isn't that good,I don't want to ever see him
starting and don't care if he never gets another carry.
He has a long way to go to be good.I know it's cold
and it's not his fault he had to start.I will say that I'm
happy he didn't turn the rock over.

Youre entitled to your take, but this is very harsh imo.

Hes a 4th Round rookie thrust into the starting lineup vs a really good defense and one of the best front sevens in the league despite the injuries.
He didn't have a lot of holes to run through.

He has a long way to go for sure, but he did what was asked of him and I'm glad he's on our team.

TypeSly

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":249rzli3 said:
Omg. All these not good in between the tackles responses. You guys are horrible. Dont reply if you didn't watch every single play he had. Even mark schlereth said it....said dallas keeps turning his legs and doesnt go down easy. What the hell are you guys watching?

On that one play where he carried a few defenders, yes. He came through at important times in the game, which is why the numbers don't tell the whole story in his first start.

Having said that, I'd have to agree that he does go down a little too easy. He generally doesn't shake off first contact on his runs.