Desmond Ridder Visits Seahawks

GemCity

Reaction score
No lmao we just wanted Russ gone
Lol. I’m ok with the change. I wish it would’ve been different but, the last 5-6 years were a slow, painful array of disappointment.

I just figured that most of the folks that pushed for a “game manager” would be more interested in either the lines or the next cowbell RB in this draft and wouldn’t even be mentioning QB.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol. I’m ok with the change. I wish it would’ve been different but, the last 5-6 years were a slow, painful array of disappointment.

I just figured that most of the folks that pushed for a “game manager” would be more interested in either the lines or the next cowbell RB in this draft and wouldn’t even be mentioning QB.

I don’t think it’s as much pushing for a game manager. When Pete says he wants the QB to be the point guard it doesn’t mean game manager. Russ used to be and probably is still the perfect one, he just didn’t want to do it anymore, this is why I personally felt it was time for him to go.

GemCity

Reaction score
Change can be good. Although I expect a dumpster fire of a year, I’m excited for something “new”.

I’d be ecstatic if we dumped PC next year and landed Young or Shroud. One can dream…😊

nwHawk

Reaction score
If Hawks take Ridder at #9, you will……….._____________________?

GemCity

Reaction score
If Hawks take Ridder at #9, I will have finally lost the last .01% of confidence I have in PC & JS.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ridder visit kind of confirms interest in someone else.. My bet is Corral.
Yup, the misdirection play. Bring in Ridder, draft Corral. That's how PC/JS roll. Though this time they could play it straight just to cross people up. I suspect it's more that they have rated their prospect and it becomes about draft position availability. If Ridder is still available at 40/41 maybe they pull the trigger.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Be shocked. And not know whether to celebrate or curse.
Mostly I'd hope PC/JS know what they're doing like they did with RW in 2012.

Honestly I can't see Ridder at #9 but maybe trade back to #18 and get more picks. Some think he's a 2nd rounder.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I can’t see Ridder at #9 either, but I was curious how folks would react.

Now they could be trying to get a read on Sauce Gardner at the same time. You know those questions came up. And they need a stud corner.

Rat

Reaction score

Two things:

1. Accept it. It's a little higher than I would like to take him, but if I would be happy to land him at 20 (I would), then I can't really be furious if he goes at 9. There's a lot to like about Ridder, and if he does turn out to be a franchise QB, nobody is going to care where in the first we took him. Fortunately, first-round QB contracts are a LOT less prohibitive than they used to be.

2. Feel vindicated. I've been saying for a while that I think there's a very real chance of something like this happening. There seems to be a consensus on here (and other Seahawks boards) that the best course of action would be to take our lumps with Lock/Geno, build around them, and try to land a QB in next year's stronger class. Honestly, I just don't think that Pete and John are thinking THAT far ahead. I honestly believe there is someone in this draft they have their heart set on. I don't like depending on next year either. We probably have to win fewer than five games to have a realistic shot at Young/Stroud, because if a team landing one of those first two spots needs a QB, they're not trading to us anyway. Even if they don't, we're also kind of depending on the Broncos to win fewer than half their games to allow us to make that kind of trade-up. If that pick ends up being like 25th, it doesn't move us up substantially if we're in the mid/late part of the top 10.

My take: you should get warmed up to the idea of Ridder now if you don't want to be disappointed tomorrow. Even if we don't take a QB at 9, it could very well come after a trade down, or a move back up from 40/41.

toffee

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s as much pushing for a game manager. When Pete says he wants the QB to be the point guard it doesn’t mean game manager. Russ used to be and probably is still the perfect one, he just didn’t want to do it anymore, this is why I personally felt it was time for him to go.
Totally, and he has every right to find his dreams elsewhere.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
be very disappointed in the FO. I don't think there is a QB in this draft worth a first round pick, but I do think it may take a first round pick to get one of the top 3-4 of the candidates. My thinking is none of the top 4 QBs in this draft are ready to play out of the gate, but we have needs that demand that very thing at other positions, such as O Line. We have 3 picks in the top 41. We need to get 2 very good players with two of those and could risk the other on a QB if our top choice/s are available.

As for Russ, now that he is gone I don't care what he does unless he is playing against us. I'm a Seahawk, not a Wilson.

Rat

Reaction score
As for Russ, now that he is gone I don't care what he does unless he is playing against us. I'm a Seahawk, not a Wilson.

Yes, but until all the picks have been used, we benefit considerably from Russ playing poorly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm starting to think they trade down and grab a QB later in the 1st round. Hoping they actually take a LT, CB or DE with the #9 pick. But, nothing would surprise me w/these guys.
I've kind of come around to that line of thinking too.
On that note, I'd be happy with either David Ojabo or Travon Walker @ DE.

Fade

Reaction score
Ridder was the worst graded QB in obvious passing situations in this class. Where he completed under 50% of his passes in those situations. Any talk of him going in the 1st shows just how pathetic this class is. Anyone that gets drafted in the 1st is going to be a massive disappointment. Jordan Love would be the #1 QB in this class.

Take a guy in the 3rd like Sam Howell, otherwise stay away.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Ridder was the worst graded QB in obvious passing situations in this class. Where he completed under 50% of his passes in those situations. Any talk of him going in the 1st shows just how pathetic this class is. Anyone that gets drafted in the 1st is going to be a massive disappointment. Jordan Love would be the #1 QB in this class.

I just don’t think this is a good year to draft a quarterback period with what is lined up next year in the 23’ class and having two first round picks

olyfan63

Reaction score

Looks like the source and criteria for "worst graded QB in obvious passing situations in this class. Where he completed under 50% of his passes"? came from this article:

Curious how heavily the Alabama game was weighted in that metric. However, that same article that dissed him on the obvious passing situations also said this:

"On tape Ridder is one of the best in this class at quickly reading the defense, getting the ball out of his hands fast (2.19 seconds to throw from a clean pocket per PFF), and is adept at finding the correct read. He can get caught moving through his reads a little too quickly or forcing some balls but overall Ridder is one of the better decision-makers in this draft class." That sounds to me like a good fit with the Waldron offense.

Just because I like Ridder and think he has the intangibles doesn't mean he'll be any good in the NFL. I'm thinking more like the Seahawks are enamored with Malik Willis. So if they do pick Ridder, it would be a 2nd round or later pick, depending on how long Ridder lasts.