Desmond Ridder Visits Seahawks

olyfan63

Reaction score
I can't believe people actually want them to take a qb before rd3...
It's a weird emotional thing... how QBs historically get over drafted relative to their actual NFL realistic value, "We can fix him! Yes, he has flaws A, B, and C, but our coaches can fix him by the end of rookie training camp!"

Actually having a 1st round pick and a couple high 2nd round picks just has Hawks fans all excited, and projecting some of these flawed QBs into the NFL, thinking how awesome it would be to see them making the type of plays they made in college in a Seahawks uni--all logic goes temporarily out the window. I confess--GUILTY as charged. We may need a QB-OA group to get over this irrational addiction. (OA is "Overdrafters Anonmymous")

Absolutely, the only sensible Logical, responsible, practical thing to do would be for the Seahawks to use their top 3 picks on an OL, EDGE, CB, positions of need that have numerous excellent NFL-ready players available. This has been a known NFL success formula for over 40 years, so obvious that even BRITISH rock bands sang about it back then despite Brits knowing little about American pointy football. Ted Lasso in reverse?

"But then they sent me away to teach me how to draft cornerbacks,
linebackers, oh pass rushers, a left tackle
Won't you please
Share what our scouts have learned
Mel Kiper is absurd
Please tell me who to draft..."

Last edited:

Sonichound16

Reaction score
I would be fine with Ridder as a 2nd round pick if they think he has what it takes. I would prob rather fill other positions of need, roll with Lock and Geno this year and grab one of the top QB prospects in the 2023 draft. Build that foundation before you bring in the guy who is going to run the offense. We could always roll the dice and trade for Baker if they don't want much and are going to pay a good chunk of his salary but honestly I would rather finish with 4-5 wins than 8-9 and develop our youth and get a better pick. Baker may get us more wins and actually hurt us in the long run while still not making the playoffs.