Do you REALLY want him gone?

strohmin

Reaction score
I wanted him gone in 2018 when it was clear that he was just stat padding and blowing smoke up our ass about how great the team is every year.

Rainger

Reaction score
Yes, I really want Russ gone. I think we can probably get a couple of 1st and 2nd round picks for him and a back up QB(Maybe from Denver).

I have this odd feeling Geno will step up so the loss of Russ isn't that big of a deal.
Is that an admission finally that Geno is not the worst starting QB in Seahawk history? I accept it . You don't need to fall on your sword, you used a sharp cut from a dagger. All is ok. Time to move forward together with Geno!!!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Anyone thinking Russ is washed or should be gone is dumb. Russ is fine and will be in the mvp discussion next year like he has been almost every year but this one in his career. It was a weird year with a new OC, zero running game and a a couple of injuries.

The roster is bad although there are enough pieces on offense that if you improve the line a little, keep running backs healthy and Eskridge takes a jump next year this offense could very well be one of the best in the league. That is what you have to bank on and if Russ returns to form I think its feasible.
Oof.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Russ can get it through his head that he cannot be the focal point of our offense in order for the Hawks to get back to another SB and therefore agrees to a pay cut, I'm all for keeping him around. But I don't think that will happen. Greed, hero ball and unnecessary sacks will prevail.
Accurate!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
This is a classic case of thinking with your heart, and not with your head.

I own a #3 jersey, a signed photograph, and a Russell Wilson bobblehead. I am a Russell Wilson fan. He’s done a lot of great things in Seattle. However, I put the Seahawks team above all else.

The reality is Russell is a high-floor, low-ceiling quarterback who is now in decline. He will get you regular season wins against average opponents, but against playoff level competition, he will struggle. His boom-or-bust style makes for great highlights, but at end of the day, it is not sustainable throughout the course of a season, and especially not in the playoffs. We’ve seen it time and time again.

So for the team’s sake, you extract maximum value while you can. One step back to take two steps forward. Sure the team may not acquire the next Justin Herbert or Mac Jones right away, but young, cheap, quality QBs, who can matriculate the ball down the field, without the need for heroics, do exist.

The alternative is we run it back, we get the same results, and Russ leaves in FA anyway. Then what? Our chances for building a true contender 3-5 years down the road are worse off.

If Russ is willing to take a pay cut, so we can bolster the roster, I’d be fine with trying to make it work. Otherwise, it’s a bad ROI from the team’s perspective.
John Schneider is this you?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If Russ could stick with his role in "Pete ball" I'd keep him for rest of contract.
However he keeps going bipolar on what his role is and trying to be much more
than he has to be with his legs going out.
Father time is not doing him favors and his elite time is over.
He's never going to be the houdini who could sandlot cover 2 down but he sure
doesn't accept that fact.
It's hard falling from glory and having reality stare you in the face.
yes I want him to go so we get something for him besides watching him Fade away.
Another great post from a guy who knew!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Problem is his best games did not involve a run game. He has proven he can people like Salk and others are using this year as an excuse forgetting the injuries and ignoring all the other issues this team has most brought about by PC.

It is interesting how some forget in 2015 Wilson had his best season as. QB and was our 2nd leading rusher. With no 1k rusher. Or how in 2017.he accounted for over 80% of our yards and all but 1 td. He does not need a run game but like all great QBs a run game helps alot.
And then there was this guy..a true seahawks fan...ok...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hey, look, a completely worthless reply to a well thought out post.

You must be very proud.

Your reply reminds me of a Russell Wilson throw on third down. It was never really goin' anywhere to begin with.
Lol..great response to a complete moron! This thread is a great read 😆