Eat your heart out Russ

keasley45

Reaction score
I think he made the only move he could. The gig was up here in Seattle. John was done, Jody was done. Pete just needed a little push. But I don't think Russ hard a card to play, other than spinning the fake news wheel to get the Donks to give him one last pay day.

In the very near end, he'll take his winnings and ride off into an early retirement that will see him try to rebuild his image and max out his earning potential post NFL in some biz venture or as a team owner.

His final 'Let's Ride '...

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Regardless of money or fame, he's going to have to live with his choices as we all have to do. To be human is to be fallible. I believe in his heart he's done the right thing, but his ambition led him astray. He has performed some good works; more so than many others have. I wish him peace and contentment. Stay out of the light Russ!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
I just hope at some point he realizes that he was wrong and does what is necessary to fix his issues. He needs to talk with Marshawn lmao!! As of this point if he hasnt figured it out he is not going to as he sits on the bench...

toffee

Reaction score
I just hope at some point he realizes that he was wrong and does what is necessary to fix his issues. He needs to talk with Marshawn lmao!! As of this point if he hasnt figured it out he is not going to as he sits on the bench...
He needs to talk with Pete, he owe his success to Pete Carroll, Pete made him great once, and only Pete can repair a broken Russ.

Last edited:

eo620

Reaction score
Ego that big never makes the realization they were wrong. It's always going to be someone else's fault.

I was a huge RW supporter; even agreed that Pete needed to be fired, but I got to a point where it was like "dude, if you don't want to be here, just go". Someone else on this forum said it best "RW was great at his game; just not THE GAME".

He made his bed ...

keasley45

Reaction score
You really think he is done?

If he actually had the tools to overcome the challenges he's facing now, I'd say, no, he can fix things.

But he is no different than he was in 2020 when he was figured out after having the best start of the season of his career.

He played his game last year and we were what, 2 and 4, worst in the league in drive duration and 3rd downs passing. That was him doing what he did best.

Even if he gets back to that level of play and could convince Hackett to call thr plays he loves, the guys STILL can read a defense to save his life.

Just as it was here, many of Hacketts plays work. Russ just wastes them, game in and game out.

Last year, you could go back to the JGraham days in 2017 on the All22 and see Russ making the same rookie mistakes he's making now.

Pete created the platform from which Russ could do his thing. He kept is competitive with a QB who could never read coverages or make line adjustments, couldn't see 1/3rd of the field or throw there, was only ever average on known passing downs and who became a 1 trick pony after he refused to be a threat to run the ball.

Unless Russ miraculously figures out how to play elite NFL qb - diagnosing defenses, and getting the ball out... something he's NEVER done, he's not coming back from borderline mediocrity.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
I loved Russ for many years and was only convinced last season that he had to go. With that said, I want him to fail this year for the sheer fact that we benefit from it. After that, my thought on his performance becomes the same as every other non-hawk player in the NFL...does their performance impact the hawks positively or negatively. Being in the AFC, I may end up rooting for him more than against him. No hate, no love...just don't care about him.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
If he actually had the tools to overcome the challenges he's facing now, I'd say, no, he can fix things.

But he is no different than he was in 2020 when he was figured out after having the best start of the season of his career.

He played his game last year and we were what, 2 and 4, worst in the league in drive duration and 3rd downs passing. That was him doing what he did best.

Even if he gets back to that level of play and could convince Hackett to call thr plays he loves, the guys STILL can read a defense to save his life.

Just as it was here, many of Hacketts plays work. Russ just wastes them, game in and game out.

Last year, you could go back to the JGraham days in 2017 on the All22 and see Russ making the same rookie mistakes he's making now.

Pete created the platform from which Russ could do his thing. He kept is competitive with a QB who could never read coverages or make line adjustments, couldn't see 1/3rd of the field or throw there, was only ever average on known passing downs and who became a 1 trick pony after he refused to be a threat to run the ball.

Unless Russ miraculously figures out how to play elite NFL qb - diagnosing defenses, and getting the ball out... something he's NEVER done, he's not coming back from borderline mediocrity.
Well..... that means he is either stupid or stubborn beyond belief. I hope he figures it out.

Latest posts