EDIT: RIP Coach Leach

olyfan63

Reaction score
Big Mike Leach fan. Really enjoyed his run at WSU, especially Gardner Minshew's senior year, including his humor and the Cougars team success. He brought the Air Raid and success to WSU. Leach got screwed over by Texas Tech, but came out OK in the end. Until this untimely end. Brilliant as Leach was, he apparently neglected his health. RIP Mike Leach, you were a Great One, gone too soon.

Last edited:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
RIP to a legend of the college football world. One of the most unique and complex characters in all of sports.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Leach was a true innovator in the mold of his NFL counterparts Sid Gilman and Don Coryell. But as an educator, I didn't care for him at all. In a press conference after a loss, he blamed it on his players "listening to their little fat girlfriends", then when he was challenged, refused to apologize. He reminded me of Bobby Knight, who ironically was at TTU when Leach was there.

Having said that, I still mourn his passing and feel badly for his family and loved ones. I lost my dad two days before his 60th birthday and felt that I was robbed of at least 15 years of his companionship. I'm sure Leach's family have that same sense of loss. May he rest in peace.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m saddened by the news. Even as a die hard UW fan you could not dislike the guy. The guy was good for WSU and good for college football. He will be missed.