Uncle Si

Reaction score
+billyhaisley

too funny...(but sad. very, very sad)

Seabhac

Reaction score
Coutinho's best season Vs Di Maria's worst

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BBCSporf/status/588820575633702912[/tweet]

One is having "the best season of his career" and PFA player of the year nomination.
the other is having an awful season....

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v98kgqw said:
Gate and Seabh sitting in a tree ...

You upset that this forum is no longer a private room where you and Peaches can stroke each other with your fantasies of what Liverpool could do if they were actually any good?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
One is 22 and playing on England's 5th best team, the other is 27 and had his best seasons surrounded by the world's best players. Now that he's in England, he can't keep up.

I feel like Seabh doesn't really "get" soccer. He just "needs" soccer to fuel his pettiness.

To each his own, Seabh. I see why you stay out of the football threads.

Have a cuddle with Gate.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":h9ab7wox said:
Uncle Si":h9ab7wox said:
Gate and Seabh sitting in a tree ...

You upset that this forum is no longer a private room where you and Peaches can stroke each other with your fantasies of what Liverpool could do if they were actually any good?

Brilliant...

200 s

So many good posters. You're just not one of them.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":8m9ff1uw said:
One is 22 and playing on England's 5th best team, the other is 27 and had his best seasons surrounded by the world's best players. Now that he's in England, he can't keep up.

I feel like Seabh doesn't really "get" soccer. He just "needs" soccer to fuel his pettiness.

To each his own, Seabh. I see why you stay out of the football threads.

Have a cuddle with Gate.

You really can't handle the banter can you?
You get all crybaby whiney and personal like.....

You still upset that United stuffed Liverpool?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
3rztmy

(and nah.. i enjoy it. Good pass of a mid-Friday. You do try too hard sometimes though. Peaches and I will stroke each other, regardless. Don't hate what you can't understand)

Point remains on Couts... guy is 22. Happy for his nomination.

Seabhac

Reaction score
It was the Beeb that pointed out that Countinho and Di Marias stats are similar - and they have a point.

There are plenty of paid pundits giving analysis of the EPL games every week - I don't need to add to that. I like Carrgher and Neville best.

So what makes the Liverpool / United rivalry so great is that we have been taking the piss out of each other for 100+ years. Your'e on top - you heckle us (as Peaches has been doing for the past year "United Shit ""Van Gaal getting sacked" and God help us David Moyes!)
We get the upper hand - expect a little back.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fair enough... I like to mix it up with some actual soccer talk at times. Carragher won't return my calls.

The stats are similar. It's the point that's debatable. (I assumed you posted it because you wanted an actual, topical reply?) A class 22 year old player is seeing statistical comparison to one of the world's best wingers? Or one of the World's best wingers is struggling through a season, but maybe not as much as people suggest. His stats are still comparable to one of the better young players in the league?

The banter is fun, by the way. I got over taking that too seriously when I saw how much some of the English folks on here actually hate (i mean HATE) Liverpool. Makes it more fun.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
On a sobering note...some supporters suck as humans

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/sto...4,000-racist-messages-via-social-media-report

Edit, this is the same information covered in the Screamer front page where the paper confused Balo and Studge.

Stats from the article:

Mario Balotelli has received 8,000 discriminatory messages on social media and more than 4,000 of these were racist.

* Danny Welbeck has received 1,700 discriminatory messages of which half were racist.

* Daniel Sturridge has received 1,600 discriminatory messages of which 60 percent were based on sexual orientation. (because he's injured all the time?)

* Premier League clubs receiving the highest volume of discriminatory posts were Chelsea (20,000), Liverpool (19,000), Arsenal (12,000), Manchester United (11,000) and Manchester City (11,000).

Has the nonsense always existed? Or is this a product of the popularity for the sport world wide, or just social media? It gets a bit ridiculous that most football discussions become narrow minded spitting contests, and this shows how bad it can really be.

Also, Chelsea suck so hard. No one likes them :)

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3o4jo8pg said:
On a sobering note...some supporters suck as humans

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/sto...4,000-racist-messages-via-social-media-report

Edit, this is the same information covered in the Screamer front page where the paper confused Balo and Studge.

Stats from the article:

Mario Balotelli has received 8,000 discriminatory messages on social media and more than 4,000 of these were racist.

* Danny Welbeck has received 1,700 discriminatory messages of which half were racist.

* Daniel Sturridge has received 1,600 discriminatory messages of which 60 percent were based on sexual orientation. (because he's injured all the time?)

* Premier League clubs receiving the highest volume of discriminatory posts were Chelsea (20,000), Liverpool (19,000), Arsenal (12,000), Manchester United (11,000) and Manchester City (11,000).

Has the nonsense always existed? Or is this a product of the popularity for the sport world wide, or just social media? It gets a bit ridiculous that most football discussions become narrow minded spitting contests, and this shows how bad it can really be.

Also, Chelsea suck so hard. No one likes them :)

I've been following that - it is disgusting.
Its been there all the time. Social media facilitates it more.
John Barnes was the first case highlighted by the media when the Banana was thrown at him by Everton fans. He got it from the Liverpool fans too. In the eighties the National Front / C18 etc got rooted in most of the football mobs and that's made it worse.

It was the "Adeboyor Song" that got the media focused on it again about 10 years ago. On first listen its funny - but it is deeply racist.

Balotelli's Player of the Year award might make him feel better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I remember Barnes. One of my first memories as a Liverpool fan (supporting from Seattle) was a story on the abuse he was taking.
One of my favorite players as well, thanks to youtube. Great tool for the modern Liverpool fan.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":115a0vgk said:
I remember Barnes. One of my first memories as a Liverpool fan (supporting from Seattle) was a story on the abuse he was taking.
One of my favorite players as well, thanks to youtube. Great tool for the modern Liverpool fan.

Cyril Regis and Laurie Cunningham got a lot of abuse too in the seventies....
Great documentary First amongst Equals: Laurie Cunningam Story. - Worth a Watch.

[youtube]MiEk3-3uChs[/youtube]

dino26

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2qnxlrc3 said:
dino26":2qnxlrc3 said:
Uncle Si":2qnxlrc3 said:
dino26":2qnxlrc3 said:
As a Chelsea man they left it bloody late !

Rui Faria was a bit out of order but spur of the moment and all that jazz.

Your avatar suggests you need to post more... alot more. Regardless of what club you support.

as for Faria.. nothing new from the Chelsea bench. Honestly, they are something else on the sideline.

Haha trust me I did back in the old days when we could post good pics haha ...the weekly threads by Aros in the smack shack were the best.

Haha yeah I think Eva Carneiro is the only one who doesn't act like a tool

Best physio in the business!

Definitely when I saw this pic I mistaked it for the opening of a brazzers movie haha ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429353794575286

Surprised there aren't more hurt players on Chelsea to be honest.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
dino26":3cmzlqzp said:
Haha yeah I think Eva Carneiro is the only one who doesn't act like a tool

Best physio in the business!

Definitely when I saw this pic I mistaked it for the opening of a brazzers movie haha

Surprised there aren't more hurt players on Chelsea to be honest.[/quote][/quote]

Dude! who's Eva's sidekick? She's cute!!

(I don't mean the Bison, btw)

RApollos

Reaction score
I should've expected it to be a close, nail biting, nausea inducing, difficult match, but Arsenal did it, albeit with the help of a Robert Green-esque howler. You gotta feel for Federici, he had a great game but nobody is gonna remember that, all they'll remember is that image of him face down in the goal.

Now it's Liverpool's and Aston Villa's turn to determine the other half of the FA Cup final.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
CC5OwleVIAIPrPv

N6wvzlul16lqgq01p8ka

This is for my homie Seabhac, who forgot to chime in here, whilst watching the match!
Unzwcces0axcrp57tapa

:mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers:

:th2thumbs:

:179417:

That is all.