EPL 2014-15 Season

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
RApollos":2p45pozf said:
I should've expected it to be a close, nail biting, nausea inducing, difficult match, but Arsenal did it, albeit with the help of a Robert Green-esque howler. You gotta feel for Federici, he had a great game but nobody is gonna remember that, all they'll remember is that image of him face down in the goal.

Now it's Liverpool's and Aston Villa's turn to determine the other half of the FA Cup final.

errr...nevermind. i deleted my original post.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Felt no desire to watch the game and apparently was justified.

Been an advocate for Rodgers, but he needed this gam . I think his job is in jeopardy now

Seabhac

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2epnr67i said:
This is for my homie Seabhac, who forgot to chime in here, whilst watching the match!
[/img]

That is all.

A real triumph for negative football.....Congrats Chelsea.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nccsy6k said:

Been an advocate for Rodgers, but he needed this gam . I think his job is in jeopardy now

Kloop in?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":2igd9q4z said:
Uncle Si":2igd9q4z said:

Kloop in?

Is he the answer? An answer?

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3wp115s9 said:
Seabhac":3wp115s9 said:
Uncle Si":3wp115s9 said:

Kloop in?

Is he the answer? An answer?

I think Kloop waits to see which of City and Liverpool end up in Champions League and chooses based on that.

Brendan Rogers has always seemed out of his depth to me. When Fox did that "inside the club" two years ago he seemed a little bit dodgy as a leader. Not that I have any experience in Football management, but I remember thinking when he was dealing with Stirling he was embarrassing the kid in front of the camera and that would come back to haunt him.
As a United fan I wasn't worried when Rogers joined Liverpool - If you got Kloop I would shit myself.

If Liverpool want to be a Big Time Club again, they need a big time manager.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Don't disagree with any of it... I've always had a long leash for Rodgers.. Mostly because of the form the team can reach at times..but also because the last thing Liverpool needed was more coaching instability.

But he's struggled to learn how to manage big games and his recruitment of players is spotty. Not sure Klopp is Liverpool's answer. But if Rodgers stays he will need help

Seabhac

Reaction score
At least Liverpool has signed an Irish lad for the first time since Steve Finnan....(or does Robbie Keane count)
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RingmahonRanger/status/588625779946180608[/tweet]

Seabhac

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":285zkygm said:
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

I reckon Rodgers bought himself enough equity with last season's performance, and with the run of form they went on during this season, he'll get another summer. FSG have a decision to make. They can keep trying to play moneyball with Liverpool, or they can do what United did last year and throw a shit load of money at the team. Rodgers brought in Can, Manquillo, Sakho, Coutinho, brought up Ibe and brought in Studge. He also brought in Markovic, Lovren, Balo, Lambert, got rid of Suso, bought Allen, etc. He needs to absolutely nail this next transfer window. We will sell quite a few players, Balo, Allen, Lucas, possibly Skrtel, Johnson, so we'll have plenty of holes to fill, Gerrard not the least of these. We HAVE to sort the defense out, they were killing us at the beginning of the season. We HAVE to bring in two world-class attacking players, preferably a reliable striker and a pacey winger. Sterling is probably gone, he's become a problem at this point. If he fetches 40 mil like they're saying, that'll be good business. Ibe is basically the same player and seems to have more desire these days. a midfield of Hendo, Can, Ibe and Coutinho could be great, but would also lack leadership/experience.

Gotta say that United really surprised me this season. And it's not like their signings immediately paid off, either, it was mostly De Gea, Rooney and strangely Fellaini that helped them get back into the CL positions. Di Maria has been poor overall, Herrera and Blind have been so-so and Falcao has been shit. Impressive that LVG has been able to ride one of the best seasons ever by a GK to the CL, in spite of most of his big signings not really panning out. ALso, Januzaj really regressed this season. Still, just goes to show that at the end of the day, results are all that matters, not performance.

Your'e right - and no team grinds them out like a Jose Mouhrino team...That said they deserve to win the League this year (it just hurts my eyes)

Interesting what's happened to City in comparison to how Chelsea have managed the billions they've spent. Chelsea are making huge profits on all the players they've snatched up but never used - they're making FFP work in their favor. City on the other hand have messed it up by overpaying for all their talent.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Ireland Play England on June 7th. Grealish could be wearing either Green or White.
BTW - Harry Kane also had the choice Ireland or England (as did Wayne Rooney, Danny Murphy etc etc)
Kane chose England, hoping Jack picks Ireland.

The Boy can play!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanDarke/status/589848117996085248[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenjaminWillsSJ/status/589863085588029445[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nathan_thomas18/status/589901689328693248[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/j_crowther/status/589930767507152897[/tweet]

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":3b5fcrwh said:
Ireland Play England on June 7th. Grealish could be wearing either Green or White.
BTW - Harry Kane also had the choice Ireland or England (as did Wayne Rooney, Danny Murphy etc etc)
Kane chose England, hoping Jack picks Ireland.

The Boy can play!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanDarke/status/589848117996085248[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenjaminWillsSJ/status/589863085588029445[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nathan_thomas18/status/589901689328693248[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/j_crowther/status/589930767507152897[/tweet]

signed at 6 years old? wow

On a side note, I've decided to support Clitheroe FC :stirthepot:

Seabhac

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2kt0nnd5 said:

Can't be any more boring, negative and numbing than watching Chelsea play!

RApollos

Reaction score
Seabhac":27d6o4yd said:
NJSeaHawk":27d6o4yd said:

Can't be any more boring, negative and numbing than watching Chelsea play!

Watching the grass grow is more exciting than watching Chelsea play in a big game.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
You cheeky little buggers oughta google Clitheroe FC.

Specifically, Jay Hart.

Not Joe Hart, no relation to the Man C.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":1zwi1l84 said:

Specifically, Joe Hart.

I'm concerned about the NFSW factor in this suggestion...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2oxpnr5e said:
NJSeaHawk":2oxpnr5e said:

Specifically, Joe Hart.

I'm concerned about the NFSW factor in this suggestion...

oh shit, you are right. Sorry bout that!

NSFW.

Seabhac

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":zvijue43 said:

Specifically, Jay Hart.

No....we get it....
But again it can't be more soul destroying than watching Chelsea week in week out.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":iuv2sn0f said:
NJSeaHawk":iuv2sn0f said:

Specifically, Jay Hart.

No....we get it....
But again it can't be more soul destroying than watching Chelsea week in week out.

8139280c26c1ca3a13e00d0ff0d56e3abf70737700da37636e1dd79ecdcf6185_1.jpg