Ex-Seahawk Ricardo Lockette reportedly arrested

RiverDog

Reaction score
His effort on 'The Play' was a bigger crime than this.
I can't blame Lockette. He was the #3 receiver on our team for a reason. That pass should have been thrown at his knees, made him go down for it. Besides, it was a piss poor play call to begin with. Throwing over the middle in a congested field is just asking for a deflected pass/interception, especially when the guy slinging the rock is 5'10". If we were going to throw, I would have much rather given Russ some options or some sort of timing route to the back of the end zone where only our guy could have caught it. The person who should have been arrested was Darrell Bevell.

On the day of which OJ passed away, I wonder what the percentages are, if former NFL players are anymore subject to committing a crime than the average Joe.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Lockette did a lot of charity work for years even after that play, often for nothing.

Every time I met him, he was a good guy.

People have had to make tough choices the past few years, sometimes not always good ones. So I get it.

But blaming him for that play is idiotic. If you do that, then blame Carrol for cutting Browner so that NE could sign him. That was a much more grossly stupid move than whatever Lockette did or didn't do in what happened with that play.

Or hell, just blame him for not running Lynch and not needing to count on your 15th string WR in the first place....like basically the entire NFL did after that play. Lockette has a sliver of blame, maybe. But nothing compared to the people that made that stupid play possible.

Rat

Reaction score
We've had all these great receivers in our history, but when we need a catch most, we target Ricardo Lockette or Alex Bannister. It's like playing the Rams in the NFCCG, and on 4th down with the game on the line having Cooper Kupp covered by Shaquem Griffin.

Last edited:

DJrmb

Reaction score
You must have a short memory
No actually I don't. You must be ignorant. He sucked? He was one of the best special teams players in the league when he played, an excellent gunner. And beyond that I don't like shitting on people when they're down. Because he got a DUI now he's a POS and always has been? Some of you are tools. The guy almost died on the field for your team. Show a little respect.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
GREAT Special teams gunner.

Ashamed to say I had forgotten. There was a reason everyone knew his name before the SB and why so many fans loved him before that.

Really sucks he had to get saddled with that loss. Only saving grace was people rightfully blamed the HC and OC more than him.

Latest posts