Ex-Seahawk Ricardo Lockette reportedly arrested

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Knowing what we know now I believe it is entirely possible that Russ threw that pick intentionally...Lockette obviously has had issues dealing with it since he would of went down in super bowl lore as the hero of the game. That was robbed from him...now look what happened..only one man should be behind bars...for Fraud...

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Richardo is a nice man. I met him in Maui just after the SB disaster and he was personally gracious and upset about the play. Both Wilson and Bevell should carry the can on the play though, not Lockette. It was a dumb play and Wilson threw the ball poorly. I hope Lockette wasn’t just stopped for driving while black. It happened in Atlanta. He deserves a break as misfortune ended his career.

I still have significant anger and disgust with Bevell over his response to the play and him throwing his player under the bus for Bevell’s galactic stupidity. His true POS nature was revealed and Pete truly screwed up not canning him after that play.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Richardo is a nice man. I met him in Maui just after the SB disaster and he was personally gracious and upset about the play. Both Wilson and Bevell should carry the can on the play though, not Lockette. It was a dumb play and Wilson threw the ball poorly. I hope Lockette wasn’t just stopped for driving while black. It happened in Atlanta. He deserves a break as misfortune ended his career.

I still have significant anger and disgust with Bevell over his response to the play and him throwing his player under the bus for Bevell’s galactic stupidity. His true POS nature was revealed and Pete truly screwed up not canning him after that play.
It does seem like a random stop...Yes not firing Bevell was just an awful mistake by Pete. Then again they never found another OC that could work with Mr Limited after that.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Well that's a shame, he seemed like such a professional and mature guy, hate to see him fall on hard times and making bad decisions. But, it's never too late to turn ones life around. Wish him the best.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was at the game in Dallas when he had that horrific neck injury. Luckily it didn't claim his life. I never had a problem with Lockette ("with an E")...Seemed like a genuinely good dude. I hope this is a learning lesson for him.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Holy Hell, this is completely out of left field.

Were you even a fan and actually watching Seahawk games “back then”?

Edit:
I’m not defending his arrest in any way but to state that “he sucked” is extremely easy to defend.
You mean the wide receiver with 450 career yards receiving? Yes, I watched and you might want to learn about statistics.

toffee

Reaction score
I have friends and acquaintances who always store firearms in their pickups or cars, and they are always nervous when they are driving especially when followed by or driving next to a police car, even when the police paid no attention to them.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Always hoped he would find his way as an ex nfl player. He exceeded expectations as a player despite being involved in the most heartbreaking Seahawks play of all time.
This news is not great but I won’t judge him without understanding what really happened to lead to this.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I have friends and acquaintances who always store firearms in their pickups or cars, and they are always nervous when they are driving especially when followed by or driving next to a police car, even when the police paid no attention to them.
It's not illegal, at least in parts of the country. The stolen car thing is a bad look, but I'll wait to hear more before I come to any conclusions. The only thing I'm confident of is that only part of the story is known at this point.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I was at the game in Dallas when he had that horrific neck injury. Luckily it didn't claim his life. I never had a problem with Lockette ("with an E")...Seemed like a genuinely good dude. I hope this is a learning lesson for him.

That was what I was thinking of and thinking he didn't deserve some of the comments on this thread, Also not his fault that the coaching staff called that play to him in that situation. I've always said, I don't mind passing on 2nd down, but why that play into traffic in the middle of the field, and why to Lockette?

strohmin

Reaction score
No actually I don't. You must be ignorant. He sucked? He was one of the best special teams players in the league when he played, an excellent gunner. And beyond that I don't like shitting on people when they're down. Because he got a DUI now he's a POS and always has been? Some of you are tools. The guy almost died on the field for your team. Show a little respect.
Yup I agree with this. He was a monster on special teams and he had some amazing catches during his career apart from the superbowl loss.