Ex-Seahawk Ricardo Lockette reportedly arrested

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m not going to defend him in this situation because we don’t know the whole story.

I will say that I have a personal connection with the guy and his father. Although I’ve never used it out of respect, I actually have his father’s personal phone number.

Having said that for no real reason, I just don’t like when we crucify anyone because of what’s reported in the media.

Opinions are what they are, and everyone is entitled their own, but I’m willing to give a dude I previously respected the benefit of doubt until I know the whole story.

Many years ago, I used a vehicle of my girlfriend to make a long distance road trip, I didn’t get back on schedule, didn’t have a cell phone etc etc. my “girlfriend” assumed I was messing around on her and reported her vehicle stolen. Although I got home the day after in her vehicle, if I had I been pulled over I’d have been in a stolen vehicle. This was in the mid 80’s.

At any rate, the dude was a good player for the Hawks, he put his life on the line for our entertainment. IMHO he deserves the benefit of the doubt until we know he doesn’t.

I like Aros was at that game in Dallas, as he left the field on a stretcher not knowing if he’d ever walk let alone play again, he was holding up his fingers in the “LOB” sign.
Ya’ll do you.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8309.jpeg
    IMG_8309.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8579.jpeg
    IMG_8579.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8551.jpeg
    IMG_8551.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8369.png
    IMG_8369.png
    779 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

soxhawk

Reaction score
Yup I agree with this. He was a monster on special teams and he had some amazing catches during his career apart from the superbowl loss.
Dude must have some pictures of y'all or it's Saturday night drink night cuz he has 22 career receptions. He was worse than Koren Robinson.... By a lot.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
You mean the wide receiver with 450 career yards receiving? Yes, I watched and you might want to learn about statistics.

I don't think Lockette sucked, and I have a doctorate in statistics.

You might want to learn about roster construction. Could it be that a player whose position is "wide receiver" might have on-the-field responsibilities other than receptions?
A bunch of other people here have already given you a major hint, and I'll just repeat it. Lockette was a really good special-teams player, but that won't show up a lot in box-score stats. Sure, he's got some tackles and even forced fumbles, but there isn't much in the way of officially reported NFL stats that measure the effectiveness of special-teams players like gunners.

Steve Tasker had a 12-year NFL career and only had 51 receptions for 779 yards in those 12 years, 41 of those receptions and 627 of those yards being in just two seasons toward the end of his career. By the logic you've used to attack Lockette, do you also conclude that Tasker "sucked"?

Let's get more specific. In the nine seasons before Tasker's receptions numbers jumped, he had a grand total of eight receptions for 133 yards. So a lot less than Lockette, and in more than twice as many NFL seasons. By the logic you used to determine that Lockette "sucked," Tasker "sucked" even more, right?

I only ask because Tasker was first-team All-Pro four times and was selected for the Pro Bowl six times in those nine years before those two seasons with more receptions and yards. In 1987, Tasker made the Pro Bowl with zero receptions for zero yards. In the first of his two seasons with more receptions and yards, he was selected for yet another Pro Bowl, making seven in his career, and was first-team All-Pro yet again, making five times in his career.

Also, it's kind of interesting that in Tasker's biggest receiving season, when he had 21 catches for 372 yards, he wasn't selected for the Pro Bowl. Weird, isn't it? In a season in which he had zero receptions, he made the Pro Bowl, but in a season in which he had 21 receptions for 372 yards, he didn't. Could it possibly be that there are ways a wide receiver can contribute value to his team that aren't measured in the number of receptions?

Lockette never reached the heights Tasker did as a special-teams player, but your conclusion that Lockette "sucked" and "must have some pictures of" those who say he didn't suck are based on Lockette's receiving yards, and by exactly the same logic, Tasker "sucked."

And there's a lot of room between a guy like Tasker, who most of his contemporaries think should be in the Hall of Fame, and "suck[ing]." My assertion is that Lockette was in that space. He was a valuable special-teams player and an acceptable fourth or fifth WR.

The fact that you're doubling down on this tells me @pmedic920 asked exactly the right question, and it makes your answer to his question (the first part of the second sentence quoted above) a little harder to believe.

Last edited:

soxhawk

Reaction score
With that logic I look forward to you breaking down how Cody Barton also didn't suck as a hawk because he played special teams....🙄. The only player worth regaling on ST during that era is Jon Ryan. Everyone else was just a role player.

strohmin

Reaction score
Dude must have some pictures of y'all or it's Saturday night drink night cuz he has 22 career receptions. He was worse than Koren Robinson.... By a lot.

He must have known your mom for you to hate him this much and not remember anything good about him.

soxhawk

Reaction score
He must have known your mom for you to hate him this much and not remember anything good about him.
Lol he must "know" you to be riding him this hard. I just said he sucked and a handful of you are butt hurt about it. Even the PhD above wrote 5 paragraphs to conclude he was JAG.

strohmin

Reaction score
Lol he must "know" you to be riding him this hard. I just said he sucked and a handful of you are butt hurt about it. Even the PhD above wrote 5 paragraphs to conclude he was JAG.
Sounds like he knew your mom for a long time for you to be hating this hard. I just said he was a monster on special teams and he did have 2 or 3 amazing catches so why are you butt hurt about what I said? Did I even say anything about you before to take a personal shot at me?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Only took you 5 posts to show everyone that you are a douche…

soxhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he knew your mom for a long time for you to be hating this hard. I just said he was a monster on special teams and he did have 2 or 3 amazing catches so why are you butt hurt about what I said? Did I even say anything about you before to take a personal shot at me?
Hey you and your BF take those 21 receptions to the ROH. LOL.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I don't think Lockette sucked, and I have a doctorate in statistics.

You might want to learn about roster construction. Could it be that a player whose position is "wide receiver" might have on-the-field responsibilities other than receptions?
A bunch of other people here have already given you a major hint, and I'll just repeat it. Lockette was a really good special-teams player, but that won't show up a lot in box-score stats. Sure, he's got some tackles and even forced fumbles, but there isn't much in the way of officially reported NFL stats that measure the effectiveness of special-teams players like gunners.

Steve Tasker had a 12-year NFL career and only had 51 receptions for 779 yards in those 12 years, 41 of those receptions and 627 of those yards being in just two seasons toward the end of his career. By the logic you've used to attack Lockette, do you also conclude that Tasker "sucked"?

Let's get more specific. In the nine seasons before Tasker's receptions numbers jumped, he had a grand total of eight receptions for 133 yards. So a lot less than Lockette, and in more than twice as many NFL seasons. By the logic you used to determine that Lockette "sucked," Tasker "sucked" even more, right?

I only ask because Tasker was first-team All-Pro four times and was selected for the Pro Bowl six times in those nine years before those two seasons with more receptions and yards. In 1987, Tasker made the Pro Bowl with zero receptions for zero yards. In the first of his two seasons with more receptions and yards, he was selected for yet another Pro Bowl, making seven in his career, and was first-team All-Pro yet again, making five times in his career.

Also, it's kind of interesting that in Tasker's biggest receiving season, when he had 21 catches for 372 yards, he wasn't selected for the Pro Bowl. Weird, isn't it? In a season in which he had zero receptions, he made the Pro Bowl, but in a season in which he had 21 receptions for 372 yards, he didn't. Could it possibly be that there are ways a wide receiver can contribute value to his team that aren't measured in the number of receptions?

Lockette never reached the heights Tasker did as a special-teams player, but your conclusion that Lockette "sucked" and "must have some pictures of" those who say he didn't suck are based on Lockette's receiving yards, and by exactly the same logic, Tasker "sucked."

And there's a lot of room between a guy like Tasker, who most of his contemporaries think should be in the Hall of Fame, and "suck[ing]." My assertion is that Lockette was in that space. He was a valuable special-teams player and an acceptable fourth or fifth WR.

The fact that you're doubling down on this tells me @pmedic920 asked exactly the right question, and it makes your answer to his question (the first part of the second sentence quoted above) a little harder to believe.
Boom.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Every time someone claims that XLIX play was a bad call, you know they don't watch professional football outside the Seahawks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Every time someone claims that XLIX play was a bad call, you know they don't watch professional football outside the Seahawks.
So not giving it to Lynch on the goal line with a timeout remaining was the right call? I guess calling it a poorly executed play as opposed to bad might be the better wording..It was the wrong receiver no matter how you look at it...qb threw it off target...and Kearse missed a block. Butler apparently also knew the play was coming...not sure how unless he had their practice on video which is entirely possible. Giving it to Lynch at least once was the right call and on that down.

BASF

Reaction score
So not giving it to Lynch on the goal line with a timeout remaining was the right call? I guess calling it a poorly executed play as opposed to bad might be the better wording..It was the wrong receiver no matter how you look at it...qb threw it off target...and Kearse missed a block. Butler apparently also knew the play was coming...not sure how unless he had their practice on video which is entirely possible. Giving it to Lynch at least once was the right call and on that down.
Browner faced it dozens of times while playing for us in practice. He had advised Belicheck and he had his team prepared.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Even back then when my memory of the 2014 season was more fresh, I raised my eyebrows at the Pats being ready for that play. Maybe even at the time I wasn't remembering so do others remember that play call as being a staple play in that situation, let alone to Lockette?

chris98251

Reaction score
Defense still gave up a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter.
Yes but they were playing hard and had become a Mash Unit with injuries and player loss. The CALL was just so bad it took the effort the defense was making and shamed them as an excuse. Sherman injured and playing, Thomas injured and playing, Kam injured and playing. Avril knocked out by physicians call yet Edelman allowed to play was another travesty.

We tried a finesse passing play when power was called for against a team with run stopping issues with the best back in the league on our team and two downs if we did not blow that time out. Another mistake calling it and stopping momentum.