Fans threw food on Bowmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2ofocw6e said:
HawkGA":2ofocw6e said:
So one person throws or (accidentally) spills popcorn and *Seattle fans* are told to stay classy? Uh-huh.

Niner fan sitting next to me was all up in everybody's grill yelling obscenities when they had the lead. At the end of the game when we were giving it right back to him he kept yelling "Be Humble, Be Humble." He then pulled a white sweatshirt and Seahawks cap out of his back and put them on over his Niner gear so that he wouldn't get yelled at walking out of the stadium. Stay classy my butt.

WHAT? The dude brought seahawks gear so he could more easily escape the stadium in case they lost? Wtf!!!

I've only gone to away games in the last 10 years since I moved to the east coast. I went to the colts game, and the ultimate loss, the Atlanta game. Walked out of there with my head high in defeat. I can't imagine Doing what that craphead did.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
brimsalabim":umjpp4ks said:
He didn't even notice the half dozen pop corn kernals that floated down around him.
Bowman did get robbed of his fumble recovery. You can feel bad about that if you want to.
He was injured by his own player who was attempting to seperate Kearse's head from his shoulders and missed. The injury is on Bowman's teamate and no one else.

A bad call yes, but ultimately it worked out in the 49ers favor.

Getting the ball on the 15 yard line is a hell of a lot better than getting the ball on your 1 foot line, against a d that was raping your run game.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":11xhwqsw said:
akscoundrel":11xhwqsw said:
seadoc30":11xhwqsw said:
I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

This is all I'm aware about;

popcorn.gif

I can't believe an upset 49ers fan threw popcorn at our own Seattle field staff... as we politely helped they injured player off the field. This is just disgraceful. ;)

Completely uncalled for.

Joking aside, it's impossible to tell if that pop corn was thrown. Let assume it was, this kinf of thing happens in sports all the time...it's messed up and uncalled for..but it happens. No need to try and make something out of it, who gives a crap. The dude got hurt, let's wish him the best, and move on to the 36 year old Line Backer the Broncos are trotting out on the field because Von Miller is out.

OrFan

Reaction score
I dare anyone to have a party where most are playing hard and drinking hard, and not have one idiot in the crowd. What, maybe one out of 100?

Now, have a party with 70,000 and see if it is as polite and tame as we see at the games.

The intent is wrong, no excusing that, but one person out of a crowd like that, with half a dozen pieces of popcorn? To blame an entire fan base for that is just silly.

Highlordb

Reaction score
wow...from the sound of everyone talking it was a barrage of food raining down on bowman like last weeks weather....instead it's one idiot throwing his popcorn, so lets go ahead and base the totality of seattle fandom based on one moron.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was at Michael Irvin's last game where the stadium cheered for his injury. Not one person, the stadium. Whoever did the popcorn is a douche, but just him. He owns the doucheness all to himself.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

I've seen heartless, spiteful, hateful behavior and it's despicable of course.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Couple thoughts about this:

a) shame on the fan, even if it was a few kernels of popcorn. Not the end of the world but show some class. Bowman is a legit guy, who just suffered a horrific injury.

b) Shame on guys like Greg Rosenthal who tweeted out making it seem like he was getting full trays of food thrown on him. Guys like him are a part of the problem. The media in general sensationalizes things to get "clicks." It's actually an epidemic in this country to create undue drama and faux outrage (see Richard Sherman post game speech).

c) There are bad apples in every bunch. That guy doesn't represent all SEA fans, just like the buffoons who stabbed people in the parking lot don't represent all SF fans, just like a criminal doesn't represent all gun owners...the list goes on.

d) Big prayers to Bowman. That was horrific. Don't get me wrong, I despise/hate the 49ers, but he's really a class act guy who has been through a ton of hardship. I hope he gets better and soon.

e) Go Hawks!

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1xmr9tcl said:
SHOCKER315":1xmr9tcl said:
akscoundrel":1xmr9tcl said:
seadoc30":1xmr9tcl said:
I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

This is all I'm aware about;

popcorn.gif

I can't believe an upset 49ers fan threw popcorn at our own Seattle field staff... as we politely helped they injured player off the field. This is just disgraceful. ;)

Completely uncalled for.

Joking aside, it's impossible to tell if that pop corn was thrown. Let assume it was, this kinf of thing happens in sports all the time...it's messed up and uncalled for..but it happens. No need to try and make something out of it, who gives a crap. The dude got hurt, let's wish him the best, and move on to the 36 year old Line Backer the Broncos are trotting out on the field because Von Miller is out.

That was completely my point... no one knows who threw the popcorn, towards whom, why, or if it was even intentional. So all the people attributing it to a "Seattle fan" are just making assumptions and guesses. I could have been anything... including a "49ers fan". Who knows... who really cares.

Those complaining are just Niners being Whiners.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":22sdcur2 said:
You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

Bingo.

Show me a fanbase and I'll show you a minority of fans acting like idiots.............and if SF fans want to focus on this because they're bitter, then that's on them.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Can you please edit the title of this thread to: 'One fan throws popcorn on Bowman'

Judging by the video that is all it was. When you use the word "fans" it indicts all of us for one person's idiocy.

Hope Bowman will be all right. Warrior.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":33hk9o9m said:
Couple thoughts about this:

a) shame on the fan, even if it was a few kernels of popcorn. Not the end of the world but show some class. Bowman is a legit guy, who just suffered a horrific injury.

b) Shame on guys like Greg Rosenthal who tweeted out making it seem like he was getting full trays of food thrown on him. Guys like him are a part of the problem. The media in general sensationalizes things to get "clicks." It's actually an epidemic in this country to create undue drama and faux outrage (see Richard Sherman post game speech).

c) There are bad apples in every bunch. That guy doesn't represent all SEA fans, just like the buffoons who stabbed people in the parking lot don't represent all SF fans, just like a criminal doesn't represent all gun owners...the list goes on.

d) Big prayers to Bowman. That was horrific. Don't get me wrong, I despise/hate the 49ers, but he's really a class act guy who has been through a ton of hardship. I hope he gets better and soon.

e) Go Hawks!
Well put on all fronts. Terrible behavior from one fan, but we are talking about one out of a crowd of 70,000 of which most were probably several beers into the game.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Maybe the guy who threw the popcorn had beef with the guy who was driving the cart. Or that fire dept. guy. Or maybe the popcorn tasted really bad and he spit it out. Ever think of THAT....?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":1wvn22lv said:
Can you please edit the title of this thread to: 'One fan throws popcorn on Bowman'

Judging by the video that is all it was. When you use the word "fans" it indicts all of us for one person's idiocy.

Hope Bowman will be all right. Warrior.
In fairness, it could have been about 12 different people, all throwing one kernel each.

Seriously, though, if it was an intentional popcorn dump on an injured player, it was totally classless.

I feel bad for Bowman. I remember seeing Joe Thiesman's leg and Napolean McClallum's knee, and this injury was on that level. Reaching for a positive, I'm glad this happened this year (and at the end of the season) rather than 10 or 20 years ago -- modern medicine makes recovering from a knee injury like this almost routine.

And as a Seahawk fan, I also felt bad about the messed up call. I actually felt kinda relieved when we lost the ball on the next play -- it meant the game would not be decided by that bad call. (It never really is, but in a tight game, it would have been a HUGE and possibly insurmountable factor.)

One last thing. As a Seahawk fan, I was really thankful that the injury was not caused by a Seahawk player. I am absolutely certain no Seahawk would have tried to inflict that injury on anybody, but I am far less certain that others would not conclude otherwise, and I'm just glad such discussion is not a possibility.

Inspector

Reaction score
Hmm. My opinion is that someone spilled their popcorn.

"Thrown popcorn" would likely be moving laterally more, not straight down. The guilty popcorn appears to be falling downward at a normal rate for a spill.

A non issue. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts