Fans threw food on Bowmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":323e5hr5 said:
I was at Michael Irvin's last game where the stadium cheered for his injury. Not one person, the stadium. Whoever did the popcorn is a douche, but just him. He owns the doucheness all to himself.
tom sawyer":323e5hr5 said:
You don't condemn all of a group simply because a microscopic portion are morons.

I've seen heartless, spiteful, hateful behavior and it's despicable of course.

I agree. But whiner fans and others won't unfortunately.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Classless fanbase?? Just go back a few weeks to the Saints-Eagles game and listen to the tape everytime a Saint player was injured and down on the field... the boo's and obsenities raining down from what sounded like the entire stadium were disgusting... a lot moreso than a handfull of popcorn from a single idiot... yet barely a word is mentioned, because, you know (snicker, snicker, ha, ha)... it's Philly.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":24flz6au said:
akscoundrel":24flz6au said:
seadoc30":24flz6au said:
I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

This is all I'm aware about;

popcorn.gif

I can't believe an upset 49ers fan threw popcorn at our own Seattle field staff... as we politely helped they injured player off the field. This is just disgraceful. ;)

lol, tasteless whoever threw the food.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
labelling an entire fanbase classless because one fan likely drunkenly spilled popcorn on bowman is sort of a stretch. Especailly when most of the 12's in the stadium gave the man a standing ovation as he was leaving the field.

was a gruesome injury. I didn't see it till late last night because it wasn't shown much at the game but christbuckets that was brutal.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1eik4piv said:
Golden tate would have caught it with his mouth....
Tate trying to catch those skittles with his mouth was funny. I was however was thinking of the consequence if it went down the wrong tube and he choked.

droop828

Reaction score
Could have easily been a fan leaning over and getting bumped into by another fan who came over.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
akscoundrel":ji88ij2w said:
seadoc30":ji88ij2w said:
I've been hearing this story.. But my question is is there any proof that actually happened? The first person mentioning it was some 49er reporter tweeting it saying he saw it and then everybody starts believing it.. I say that's crap. Why would I believe what a 49er reporter say without any actual video or a pic!

This is all I'm aware about;

popcorn.gif
You sure this isn't another add skit for 'BEATS'?

I really feel for Bowman, because he gave his all to help his team mates win the game, and whoever that fan was that threw that popcorn on him should have had his sorry ass booted out of the Clink.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":1nc0z8x6 said:
Couple thoughts about this:

a) shame on the fan, even if it was a few kernels of popcorn. Not the end of the world but show some class. Bowman is a legit guy, who just suffered a horrific injury.

b) Shame on guys like Greg Rosenthal who tweeted out making it seem like he was getting full trays of food thrown on him. Guys like him are a part of the problem. The media in general sensationalizes things to get "clicks." It's actually an epidemic in this country to create undue drama and faux outrage (see Richard Sherman post game speech).

c) There are bad apples in every bunch. That guy doesn't represent all SEA fans, just like the buffoons who stabbed people in the parking lot don't represent all SF fans, just like a criminal doesn't represent all gun owners...the list goes on.

d) Big prayers to Bowman. That was horrific. Don't get me wrong, I despise/hate the 49ers, but he's really a class act guy who has been through a ton of hardship. I hope he gets better and soon.

e) Go Hawks!

Well said!

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Anyone here saying that the popcorn "could have been an accident" is fooling themselves and is a complete moron.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
You can't tell if someone deliberately was throwing what looked like popcorn at Bowmen. It could have been someone just throwing popcorn in the air and what you see is the fallout. Just sayin.
If anyone did throw that at Bowmen, you are quite a low life.

CANHawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":38l13ly3 said:

Lol. Exactly!

Naw, as usual I'm just being a clown, but it was more than likely on puropse and a total dick move. However, given the amount of stuff coming down, it was one random A-hole, and a pretty pussified attempt at being an A-hole at that. Low class, but in the grand scheme really much ado about nothing...

CPHawk

Reaction score
5 pieces of pop corn is obviously all of us. Anyone arguing different is just seeding things through your blue tinted glasses. :sarcasm_on:

gulliver

Reaction score
While it's despicable, there were nearly 70,000 people there. Add booze, high stakes, a big rivalry and all the attendant emotion to the mix, and it's silly to think that literally every 1 of those 70,0000 people are going to behave themselves.

That may have been 1 person; are we/they really going to make generalizations about 70k based on as little as 1 person? Completely silly.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Why are we defensive about 1 fan that honestly should get his Season tickets pulled and get a stadium lifetime ban.

We are Seattle, seriously it's just out of character for folks from here to throw food at a downed player or anyone for that matter.

Don't get defensive. Somebody says something about this, just say, "I agree, whomever that was, that person is an a-hole and I hope they get banned from the Clink." It's really enough said.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Cheering or mocking an injury is as low-class as it gets. There is no way to argue in favor of this. It seems to be one bad egg amongst tens of thousands, and it didn't look like an accident to me. I certainly hope that the guy/gal is found out and barred from the Field. As I posted in the game thread:

Let's be honest: if the Candlestick faithful had 1) thrown food and insults at the cart of an injured Seahawk 2) as he exited the game on a medical cart 3) with a season-ending injury 4) late in a big Playoff game 5) that turned into a season-ending loss, we'd hold that against them for a long, long time. I know that I would. I'm ashamed of a fan that would deliberately do something like that. I hope we all are.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
now compare that popcorn to the beats commercial. Its just a handful of freekin pop corn. The unfortunate thing is that Bowman's teammate hurt him when he was attempting to blow up Kearse. No one is talking about that at all.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
droop828":1t4t2z0k said:
Could have easily been a fan leaning over and getting bumped into by another fan who came over.
That was my thought also..A few pieces of popcorn but no bucket or box..I can't see that being a big deal..A beer,soda or a weenie yeah thats bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.