*Flashback* Seahawks vs 49ers Week 10 - 2019

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Got the day off tomorrow so I decided to ignore the wife's summons to bed and instead rewatch this classic. Trying to get rid of the nasty taste of this season. Its crazy how different the team looks now. If I never had any previous knowledge of Seahawk football, I would think they were 2 completely different franchises. We (they) use to beat up the bully on the block. Now we just get bullied *sigh*. Man how the mighty have fallen. Gonna finish my wine and go to bed now. Rant over.

*Gotta click the link to view*

olyfan63

Reaction score
Got the day off tomorrow so I decided to ignore the wife's summons to bed and instead rewatch this classic. Trying to get rid of the nasty taste of this season. Its crazy how different the team looks now. If I never had any previous knowledge of Seahawk football, I would think they were 2 completely different franchises. We (they) use to beat up the bully on the block. Now we just get bullied *sigh*. Man how the mighty have fallen. Gonna finish my wine and go to bed now. Rant over.

*Gotta click the link to view*

Yes, back in the days when we could physically match up with the 49ers.

NINEster

Reaction score
Match up yes, but the subtle difference was being able to stop Shanahan (Garoppolo??) better and then Wilson in a close game against SF almost always gets his way.

If you watch every healthy Jimmy G start against Seattle (minus the one in 2020 at Lumen when he was still hurt), the Niners moved the ball well for a drive or two or maybe a quarter, then it all shuts down. Then the Seahawks slowly come back and (almost) win.

Except in 2022 after Lance got hurt.....I guess the aura of Wilson not being there allowed the Seahawk defense to not be at full strength (and the week after he goes to Denver and their defense is '85 Bears like, and they win with 11 points, with you know who at QB).