Fun Fact David Moore

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the guy was literally pulling on his right arm with BOTH of his hands, you can see it clear as day. No call :roll:

toffee

Reaction score
David Moore is a keeper for sure, I am hoping Keenan Reynolds could be our next "surprise", I think Keenan has some Doug Baldwin in him, just need some opportunities.

We do still need a big body receiver, a 6'3"+ type. or TE ....

jmahon316

Reaction score
toffee":31gvujeh said:
David Moore is a keeper for sure, I am hoping Keenan Reynolds could be our next "surprise", I think Keenan has some Doug Baldwin in him, just need some opportunities.

We do still need a big body receiver, a 6'3"+ type. or TE ....

I think it's fairly obvious but I'm really excited to see Reynolds make progression next season. I feel like he has it in him and with Lockett and Moore looking pretty solid this year (as well as Baldwin now that he's gotten better), it will be SO nice to have a solid stable of WR's if Reynolds progresses the way I think he will. Could you imagine a double cross route with him and Baldwin?! I'm getting excited just thinking about it...Fingers crossed :)

But to keep this post on topic, I'm really loving what I'm seeing out of Moore. I'm so glad we activated him to the 53 team last year to avoid him getting poached by another team! We really lucked out with him

chris98251

Reaction score
Moore has always had size, speed and ability to catch the ball, reason he fell was small school and he was a man amongst boys. His route running was very bad and he had to learn to play against competition equal to himself. We are seeing the results of a redshirt year against our own secondary and it is beginning to pay dividends.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2rbfh2d0 said:
KiwiHawk":2rbfh2d0 said:
Paul Richardson:
20 rec for 262 yards and 2 TDs.

David Moore:
22 rec for 413 yards and 5 TDs.

How will we ever recover after losing such a talented WR as Richardson?
It's almost like the coaches and front office knew something when they declined to give Richardson an offer.

They did know something. It was that he wasn't that special. Give them credit for not over reaching. Now if they would only apply that to early round draft picks!

HawkerD

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1hgpkci9 said:
And the guy was literally pulling on his right arm with BOTH of his hands, you can see it clear as day. No call :roll:

It was hand fighting all the way. Moore even pushed off a bit. No way you want a DPI or OPI on the play or else the hawks (and every other team) get called on at least 50% of pass plays. Tight coverage with hand fighting is usually a no call in the NFL.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I never saw Jimmy Graham or Paul Richardson as game changers. So the idea that losing their production was a big deal never really registered with me. I was open to the possibility not knowing what to make of Schotty’s hire...but it should have been obvious to everyone that the main problem was scheme, protection, and coaching

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
HawkerD":2vy7oxx5 said:
SoulfishHawk":2vy7oxx5 said:

It was hand fighting all the way. Moore even pushed off a bit. No way you want a DPI or OPI on the play or else the hawks (and every other team) get called on at least 50% of pass plays. Tight coverage with hand fighting is usually a no call in the NFL.

Only if the CB looks around. If he doesn't and grabs an arm, it's frequently called DPI.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":3w1a3bu7 said:
Jazzhawk":3w1a3bu7 said:
It's almost like the coaches and front office knew something when they declined to give Richardson an offer.

They did know something. It was that he wasn't that special. Give them credit for not over reaching. Now if they would only apply that to early round draft picks!
I'm sorry, I should have used "sarcasm" quotes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
David Moore has been a pleasant surprise. For him it seems the light went on this offseason, he has nice size, good quicks, and strong hands. Russell is confident in throwing to him in coverage b/c of the foregoing. He seems to win the physical battles too which is another positive. He’s a keeper.

Would as well like to see more from Jaron Brown who has been inconsistent catching. Both have good size and speed but Brown is not as capable yet as we hoped he’d be. So far he’s been a mild disappointment.

The receiving crew is in good shape for next season presently and any new player will need to be better to make the team. The rocks are steadily being turned over looking for a guy the FO thinks could be a keeper. The team has certainly looked at a lot of players at WR in the last few years.