Geno

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Neither QB currently on the roster is very good.

Which further cements my belief that this is a tank year to get a good QB 2023. Like it or not. Cry about it. Going into the season with either of these two bums under center is the Seahawks way of waiving the White flag this year

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Ouch.! Harsh assessment. Do you think some of the bright lights....Tyler and DK, will keep playing at the same level for pride and, well, the love of football? Or are we going to see games with lots of slumped shoulders..giving up...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Ouch.! Harsh assessment. Do you think some of the bright lights....Tyler and DK, will keep playing at the same level for pride and, well, the love of football? Or are we going to see games with lots of slumped shoulders..giving up...
I'm sure the team will play with plenty of energy. They'll lose some close games early in the season. They'll probably beat the Falcons.

But without a reliable QB, this is a 4-13 team at best. Both QBs are proven losers. Just like me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure the team will play with plenty of energy. They'll lose some close games early in the season. They'll probably beat the Falcons.

But without a reliable QB, this is a 4-13 team at best. Both QBs are proven losers. Just like me.
Come on Jerhawk..Let's see a couple games before flushing the toilet.
We have a exciting revamped young D and an exciting rushing attack.
The 2 QB's are not stars but the system could fit them very well if the
D plays great under the new DC/Scheme

Rat

Reaction score
Please no. I've been proven very wrong in the past when I've shown faith in Geno. I was extremely high on him his draft year, and expressed considerable hope last year that he could help make Russ expendable. He just doesn't have it between the ears. There is zero upside with him.

Not that I'm a Lock truther either, but at least with him there's a minuscule amount of hope that it clicks for him here.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Please no. I've been proven very wrong in the past when I've shown faith in Geno. I was extremely high on him his draft year, and expressed considerable hope last year that he could help make Russ expendable. He just doesn't have it between the ears. There is zero upside with him.

Not that I'm a Lock truther either, but at least with him there's a minuscule amount of hope that it clicks for him here.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sorry I have absolutely no faith that Geno can be a successful QB. Period. If he proves me wrong so be it but I don’t even see him as a top tier backup.

Own The West

Reaction score
Geno balled his nutts off last year when you consider the situation he was thrown into. Feels good to have a quarterback that can throw dimes over the middle and back shoulder to DK
Please clarify. Did he ball until he lost his nuts, or were his nuts blown off due to the force of said balling? Why wasn't this on the injury report? Are we at risk of league discipline for not disclosing Geno balled his nuts off? I missed his presser. Is he recovered or does he talk like Mike Tyson now?

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Please clarify. Did he ball until he lost his nuts, or were his nuts blown off due to the force of said balling? Why wasn't this on the injury report? Are we at risk of league discipline for not disclosing Geno balled his nuts off? I missed his presser. Is he recovered or does he talk like Mike Tyson now?
I don't have to clarify anything. In 4 games he posted a 103.5 passer rating and a completion percentage of 68.4. Watch out for Geno is all I'm saying he might light it up this year

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't have to clarify anything. In 4 games he posted a 103.5 passer rating and a completion percentage of 68.4. Watch out for Geno is all I'm saying he might light it up this year
Stats are misleading, especially extrapolated over such a short period of time. His only victory was against the Urban Meyer led, Jacksonville Jaguars. He might be serviceable, but more in a lower tier starter sort of way.

The biggest issue with Geno is he folds under pressure really hard. He's not a guy you want the spotlight on. He's not going to be the type of guy to orchestrate 4th quarter comebacks. I could see his Geno's statline looking okay, but failing to come up with wins. I don't necessarily mind rolling with Geno, as the draft class sucked this year for QBs.

Lock also has similar issues to Geno, only to a greater extent -- though he has greater physical tools. Tigers rarely change their stripes in the NFL. For every Gannon there are 30 Sam Darnold characters out there.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Stats are misleading, especially extrapolated over such a short period of time. His only victory was against the Urban Meyer led, Jacksonville Jaguars. He might be serviceable, but more in a lower tier starter sort of way.

The biggest issue with Geno is he folds under pressure really hard. He's not a guy you want the spotlight on. He's not going to be the type of guy to orchestrate 4th quarter comebacks. I could see his Geno's statline looking okay, but failing to come up with wins. I don't necessarily mind rolling with Geno, as our the draft class sucked this year for QBs.

Lock also has similar issues to Geno, only to a greater extent -- though he has greater physical tools. Tigers rarely change their stripes in the NFL. For every Gannon there are 30 Sam Darnold characters out there.
Bill Walsh's frustrations could get the best of him, as in his famous line about the predecessor of Montana, Steve DeBerg. “He plays just well enough to get you beat.” Walsh later regretted the comment, but it shows he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. But to be fair, Walsh didn't treat DeBerg well, he pulled DeBerg for Montana whenever there's an easy TD or completion etc., Walsh did that over a season just to build up Montana's confidence at the expenses of DeBerg's stats.

There are truck loads of QB like Steve DeBerg, they all played just well enough to intrigue but not well enough to win at critical moments. I am hoping that years in the wilderness has toughen Geno up, one of his problems if not the problem was lacking "poised under pressure". Which by the way was the key reason why Walsh drafted Montana, poised under fire and footwork as quoted in Walsh's book.

Mjolnir

Reaction score
I am more interested in if the playbook can be executed. The QBs we have now might not be the answer or the proper people to properly run it, but I am hopeful I see something a little different in more use of the middle, creative disguising of plays, and I am definitely one who loves the run game.

Just like the 2012/2013 Hawk roster made taller, bigger, but maybe somewhat slower CBs the gold standard for awhile which was so different than where the NFL was headed (i.e. smaller faster CBs), I hope for the impossible....something against the common grain of thinking in "modern" football....which is a successful offense doesn't have to rely on one player, the QB. Can a run focused game manager QB actually work at the professional level? Something I think this season will better answer for me at least.