Geno is MR. CLUTCH

WarHawks

Reaction score
Get back to me when we have a running game and a coordinator who can consistently call a complete game.

The Ravens and 9ers. Really? I guess every qb who hasn't beat them this year should get the hook?
I stand by my opinion. I don't think he's the answer. You're not going to respect that, no matter what I say, so I guess there's really not much more to discuss. Have a great day.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
how clutch are you really when you are the 2nd worst in the NFL at converting in the red zone?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
how clutch are you really when you are the 2nd worst in the NFL at converting in the red zone?
Overall redzone efficiency doesn't really seem to be especially relevant when discussing "clutch" tendencies... Seems like more of an overall efficiency stat, like third down stats are, no?

Also, we are by far the worst red zone rushing team in the league. That's not all quarterback... also similar to third down stats in that regard.

12forlife

Reaction score
Get back to me when we have a running game and a coordinator who can consistently call a complete game.

The Ravens and 9ers. Really? I guess every qb who hasn't beat them this year should get the hook?
Geno can't handle pressure, plane and simple. Why do people tag him as "serviceable", because when Seattle plays the tougher Defenses he doesn't have the "it" factor to lead us to the win! His best game in the last 2 years was against Dallas, and still wasn't enough, granted the D didn't help that game. Seattle will never win in the playoffs with Geno under center.

keasley45

Reaction score
Geno can't handle pressure, plane and simple. Why do people tag him as "serviceable", because when Seattle plays the tougher Defenses he doesn't have the "it" factor to lead us to the win! His best game in the last 2 years was against Dallas, and still wasn't enough, granted the D didn't help that game. Seattle will never win in the playoffs with Geno under center.

Does our playcalling come into play at all against 'good defenses '?

How about the fact that our running game is near the bottom of the league?

Might that factor into us not beating 'good defenses'?

I mean, if your play caller isn't calling good plays ( and this isn't subjective analysis. Analysts and sports writers have referenced it) and can't scheme a ground game really at all... how does that affect qb play in your eyes?

Or is Geno only better than serviceable if he designs and calls his own plays and pulls a Michael Vick and just creates a running game on his own? Seems like that's where the goal posts have moved to now.

First it was - he can't play at all... 33 / 32. washed up, won't beat Lock.

Then it was he's good, but he can't get us to the playoffs.

Then it was 'ok, he's fine, but not clutch'

Now it's - ok, he's so clutch he's about to break an NFL record, but it doesnt count, because it's not against the elite teams in the league.

Got it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would argue you saying Waldron isn’t calling good plays is very subjective. Griff a Seahawks twitter guru, says we call all the same plays the Niners do, we just aren’t executing. This doesn’t mean Waldron is perfect, far from it but it’s not like he’s an idiot either. The failures are more a mix of play calling, execution and talent level than any of the “camps” want to admit.

You’re painting this picture of Geno like he’s faultless in any of this. He’s a really good QB and almost every metric puts him in the 10-20 range which is about right. That means he’s very good but not perfect. The camp claiming Geno sucks aren’t being fair either. I’m critical of Geno overall but he’s been decent and done some good things too.

Last edited:

flv2

Reaction score
Running the ball and staying in-bounds at the end of a half when you have no time-outs isn't clutch. Prescott isn't clutch, Hurts isn't clutch, and Smith isn't clutch.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Running the ball and staying in-bounds at the end of a half when you have no time-outs isn't clutch. Prescott isn't clutch, Hurts isn't clutch, and Smith isn't clutch.
Sorry buddy, the stats speak for themselves. Most game winning drives in the NFL.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Wins are stats. Could have won but didn't win are made up stats.
Yeah and in terms of actual wins, he has the most game winning drives in the NFL this season. Not could have. Geno Smith leads the NFL in game winning drives with less than 2:00 in the 4th quarter or OT. That's an indisputable fact and has nothing to do with the games he could have won. But he's not clutch right?

flv2

Reaction score
Yeah and in terms of actual wins, he has the most game winning drives in the NFL this season. Not could have. Geno Smith leads the NFL in game winning drives with less than 2:00 in the 4th quarter or OT. That's an indisputable fact and has nothing to do with the games he could have won. But he's not clutch right?
Performing well in critical situations is clutch. Getting lucky with an outcome is not clutch. Smith isn't clutch.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I would argue you saying Waldron isn’t calling good plays is very subjective. Griff a Seahawks twitter guru, says we call all the same plays the Niners do, we just aren’t executing. This doesn’t mean Waldron is perfect, far from it but it’s not like he’s an idiot either. The failures are more a mix of play calling, execution and talent level than any of the “camps” want to admit.

You’re painting this picture of Geno like he’s faultless in any of this. He’s a really good QB and almost every metric puts him in the 10-20 range which is about right. That means he’s very good but not perfect. The camp claiming Geno sucks aren’t being fair either. I’m critical of Geno overall but he’s been decent and done some good things too.
Sorry but Waldron is not a good OC at all, the last 2 we had look like gems
compared to him.

knownone

Reaction score
[Seahawks Fan]: Geno had a good game against Dallas. He's a good QB.

[Geno Hater]: Yeah. But he didn't come through when it mattered. Good QBs are clutch. Geno's not clutch.

[Seahawks Fan]: Geno is clutch! He leads the league in game-winning drives.

[Geno Hater]: Game-winning drives aren't clutch.

[Seahawks Fan]: Uhh... what is clutch?

[Geno Hater]: red zone completion percentage.

sutz

Reaction score
Some people have formed their opinions and won't be confused by any facts. :LOL:

Ozzy

Reaction score
[Seahawks Fan]: Geno had a good game against Dallas. He's a good QB.

[Geno Hater]: Yeah. But he didn't come through when it mattered. Good QBs are clutch. Geno's not clutch.

[Seahawks Fan]: Geno is clutch! He leads the league in game-winning drives.

[Geno Hater]: Game-winning drives aren't clutch.

[Seahawks Fan]: Uhh... what is clutch?

[Geno Hater]: red zone completion percentage.
Meh this works both ways but carry on I guess.

flv2

Reaction score
Ah so the goal posts move again. Now he's just lucky
Being clutch is about performance rather than results. If it was about results then all the other players on winning teams would also be clutch. Pretty obviously not every player on a winning team is clutch. A QB can throw a bad pass and still have it be a game-winning TD pass. Equally a great pass can be dropped and the QB would 'take the loss' rather than be accredited with the win. Wins, losses, and other stats don't determine who could be considered to be clutch. Not only did you try to use stats to make your non-stats argument, you tried to use fake stats.

Running the ball in the last 30 seconds against the Rams wasn't clutch. It cost time that could have been used to make a successful FG more likely. It may be the difference between the current situation and being 2 games ahead of the playoff chasers with 2 games to play. If you want to proclaim that someone who can't tell a good football decision from a bad football decision is clutch then be my guest.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Being clutch is about performance rather than results. If it was about results then all the other players on winning teams would also be clutch. Pretty obviously not every player on a winning team is clutch. A QB can throw a bad pass and still have it be a game-winning TD pass. Equally a great pass can be dropped and the QB would 'take the loss' rather than be accredited with the win. Wins, losses, and other stats don't determine who could be considered to be clutch. Not only did you try to use stats to make your non-stats argument, you tried to use fake stats.

Running the ball in the last 30 seconds against the Rams wasn't clutch. It cost time that could have been used to make a successful FG more likely. It may be the difference between the current situation and being 2 games ahead of the playoff chasers with 2 games to play. If you want to proclaim that someone who can't tell a good football decision from a bad football decision is clutch then be my guest.
Wait wait wait so is a touchdown pass a fake stat? Because if it's a bad throw and a great catch it still counts as a touchdown pass. So your whole argument is that all stats are fake.

You can't just call everything you disagree with fake. It's statistically true he has been a part of more game winning drives then and other qb this year. That's a fact.

Meanwhile, your "fact" based argument is all centered around one play from one game. You throw aside all the positive things he has done in the clutch because he ran the ball against the Rams after getting us into field goal range.

Is no one above mistakes to you? Or are you such a spoiled, fickle, fan, that a qb making a poor play in one game is too much for you to ever get over.

You say being clutch is about performance. So the team didn't need a good performance from its QB in all those game winning drives? They were all just lucky, but then the Rams game showed who he really is?

You're bending over backwards to hate on the guy. How about be greatful about all the close games we did win? Because if we don't win one of those your whole point is moot. You talking about how they could be two games up with the Rams game discounts all the times they barely won. They just as easily could have lost one of those.

Obviously for you as a fan nothing short of perfection is enough. That's too bad you can't enjoy the game. Not sure why people like you watch.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Oh you're a Rams fan I get it now. Nevermind anything I said. I thought you were actually a Seahawks fan posting on the Seahawks board. Now I see you're just a fan of a rival team spending your time on here hating for God knows what reason.

I wonder why you could have possibly be banned from all your own teams forums.