Georgia coaches were not high on Carter

godawg

Reaction score
When John said that our picks in the second round were “men,” and referred to their great character, it sounded like a very pointed contrast to the Uber talented Carter. Clearly we have learned from the Malik McDowell fiasco.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
When John said that our picks in the second round were “men,” and referred to their great character, it sounded like a very pointed contrast to the Uber talented Carter. Clearly we have learned from the Malik McDowell fiasco.
Hopefully next year we can avoid the "This guy had major red flags but there's no way PC will pass up on his TALENT!!!" drama?

godawg

Reaction score
Hopefully next year we can avoid the "This guy had major red flags but there's no way PC will pass up on his TALENT!!!" drama?
I have to admit that I was willing to overlook the major red flags for Carter’s talent, but my sources of information are minuscule compared to the resources available to John and Pete, and I have learned to trust their judgment when it comes to drafting.

Although I was initially disappointed that we won’t have Carter in the middle of our defense, I also remember how many coverage sacks the LOB created and I am excited to have a secondary that will draw comparisons.

toffee

Reaction score
Quite sure Pete and John did their due diligence, talking to coaches, hiring private eyes to check on Carter, talking to psychologist etc., They ought to know a lot more than we did, well they should. When they passed on Carter, I respected Pete and John's decision,

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
In the movie, Jalen Carter will be played by Bo Callahan.

warden

Reaction score
Nine times teams (including the Bears) passed on Carter. Two teams pass on him twice.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Neither did they play him very much. He rotated out a lot, partly because he was gassed. Zero stamina.
I was surprised this didn't get more press. When I watched Georgia play, as well as looking at highlights, he often was not even on the field!