Glad we avoided Ridder

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’ve seen enough of him to think he’ll be great with mobility yet always lack the arm you need at this level. He’s like a poor man’s Mariota

olyfan63

Reaction score
I’ve seen enough of him to think he’ll be great with mobility yet always lack the arm you need at this level. He’s like a poor man’s Mariota
Limited sample size, but happy you are following him. I thought he was a worthwhile pick as a developmental QB. Let's check in on this thread every week he gets playing time, and either gloat because he's sucking (you) or gloat because he's making positive plays. Should only last 2 more weeks.

fullquartpress

Reaction score
I thought he looked good, with a couple of early passes that should have been caught, then the INT reversed by 'roughing the passer', and then the TD. But I switched to another game then.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He actually looks decent tonight tbh

I take back what I said

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’d trade our Wb room for ATL right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't waste a pick on a Deshone Kizer clone(seriously)
they look the same and play the same..
I love the height and that is all.
Kizer is a FA btw..LOL

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I thought Ridder showed pretty well last night, but still think he will be a journeyman level QB. Sometimes though, with sufficient roster talent around him, that can be enough. Garoppolo made it to a SB.

The NFL was different when most of them played, but still... Namath, Stabler, Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Brad Johnson, Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles all won Super Bowls. Namath, Plunkett, Rypien, Flacco, and Foles even won Super Bowl MVP awards.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Here's a good summary of Ridder's second preseason game. He had a couple very nice first half drives that were set back by penalties but still led to field goals. I like the kid, and think he could have a similar impact his first few years to Russell Wilson, except Atlanta's D and run game are unknowns to me. It seems like he reads defenses more completely than Russell and I expect(hope) to see him to be a successful NFL QB, pro-bowl level within his rookie contract. Yes, it's preseason, but so far so good.

"Ridder closed the first half at 10 of 13 for 143 yards, leading a pair of scoring drives, though the offense never found the endzone."

sc85sis

Reaction score
The NFL was different when most of them played, but still... Namath, Stabler, Plunkett, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Brad Johnson, Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles all won Super Bowls. Namath, Plunkett, Rypien, Flacco, and Foles even won Super Bowl MVP awards.
Namath had a strong arm and quick release. His problem was the knees.