Good game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fcbq0fm said:
HawkRiderFan":2fcbq0fm said:
Did the Niners have any guys out on D this week that did play the 2 weeks? If it was relatively the same that's a good sign that the Hawks moved the ball on a D that shut down the Pats (ok maybe that's not so impressive) and the Rams in previous 2 games.

No, but Seattle is positioned much better than both of those two teams to exploit the 49ers. Niners really have no pass rush if they don't blitz. Russ had all day to throw the ball and that's bad mojo for Seattle opponents.
Seattle has no pash rush if they don’t blitz as well if you haven’t noticed. Hopefully Dunlap will change that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30ftpt6s said:
Marvin49":30ftpt6s said:
HawkRiderFan":30ftpt6s said:
Did the Niners have any guys out on D this week that did play the 2 weeks? If it was relatively the same that's a good sign that the Hawks moved the ball on a D that shut down the Pats (ok maybe that's not so impressive) and the Rams in previous 2 games.

No, but Seattle is positioned much better than both of those two teams to exploit the 49ers. Niners really have no pass rush if they don't blitz. Russ had all day to throw the ball and that's bad mojo for Seattle opponents.
Seattle has no pash rush if they don’t blitz as well if you haven’t noticed. Hopefully Dunlap will change that.

Wasn't making a Seattle/SF comparison. I was explaining why the 49ers obliterated the last two teams and it was a diff story vs Seattle. Wilson is astronomically better than the last 2 QBs they played.

Read the comment I was responding to.

NINEster

Reaction score
Good game.

I have no beef with what happened yesterday except that ghey ass fake slide by Wilson.

I hate that he has that cheap side to him. Stuff like that makes me want to see his head taken off.

Even in a meaningless game, it means something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What in the hell are you talking about? He didn't fake anything, he just decided to slide later than normal.
Geezus man, talk about reaching. Cheap side? You can't be serious. Russ gets blasted all the time, and it RARELY gets called. But I don't expect a Niners fan to actually know that.
Ward is a cheap shot artist, he hit him in the helmet. Sour grapes to say the least. Dude spent more time flapping his gums at DK, while his team was getting owned.
And people wonder why I can't stand the Niners. Every loss is full of excuses.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Bummer to hear Kittle is out for the year.

That guy was a stud the first time I saw him play in preseason before he even became a starter.

One thing you cannot accuse the 49ers of is quitting.

If I was the 49ers GM, I would be on the phone trying to get Fitz. The 49ers with Fitz would be very dangerous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, that team clearly never quits and is very well coached. Pretty creative play calling usually too.
Losing Kittle is massive, and already having Bosa out? Just brutal

Maulbert

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":hafjgln9 said:

That guy was a stud the first time I saw him play in preseason before he even became a starter.

If I was the 49ers GM, I would be on the phone trying to get Fitz. The 49ers with Fitz would be very dangerous.

The Cardinals are 5-2. They aren't dealing anyone, especially to a divisional foe.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":13lp6wqn said:
TwistedHusky":13lp6wqn said:

The Cardinals are 5-2. They aren't dealing anyone, especially to a divisional foe.

Ce26 479b 4a4e a396 5a3293954bcd large16x9 FitzPic

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NINEster":3gudimgz said:
Good game.

I have no beef with what happened yesterday except that ghey ass fake slide by Wilson.

I hate that he has that cheap side to him. Stuff like that makes me want to see his head taken off.

You think he did he a fake slide to trick the 9er player into smashing into his head so he could get that 15 yard penalty?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":6jvvwq5r said:
Maulbert":6jvvwq5r said:
TwistedHusky":6jvvwq5r said:

Ce26 479b 4a4e a396 5a3293954bcd large16x9 FitzPic

Fitzgerald is always the Fitz I think of first.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Madrid Hawk":2onzbz2g said:
I find it amusing when people point out "Your team passed on DK twice".

The Seahawks also passed on DK twice.

Well, the Seahawks did trade up to ensure we got him at the 64th pick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pure gold. Yeah, that's Russ. He purposely "acted" like he was gonna slide. I mean, he wanted to get blasted and put in to the concussion protocol. Sure, say hi to Bigfoot for me too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2z7gg4mk said:
NINEster":2z7gg4mk said:
Good game.

You think he did he a fake slide to trick the 9er player into smashing into his head so he could get that 15 yard penalty?

I really don't know what he thought, but you have to admit it really puts the defender in a bind. What's he supposed to do? Just give him a first down?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":aqt83ry7 said:
Uncle Si":aqt83ry7 said:
NINEster":aqt83ry7 said:
Good game.

I really don't know what he thought, but you have to admit it really puts the defender in a bind. What's he supposed to do? Just give him a first down?

Im just going to say we disagree... Wilson is on his way down, admittedly a bit awkward as he was doing a ball fake on the other 9er, and your guy just lowers the boom into him.

Now, do i think it's a bit of a harsh penalty? I do. I don't think the contact to the head was all that clean, and the defender, as you said, was in an awkward position.

But trying to paint this as some tricky or dirty play by the qb, putting his head at risk for 15 yards, is dogshit analysis. The guy he was trying to do the ball fake wasn't the guy that hit him.

And as we know, it doesn't matter the context. Helmet to helmet is a penalty. Not always fair. but that's the league. I thought the roughing penalty on Robinson was a worse call.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2rm96fwz said:
Marvin49":2rm96fwz said:
Uncle Si":2rm96fwz said:
NINEster":2rm96fwz said:
Good game.

Im just going to say we disagree... Wilson is on his way down, admittedly a bit awkward as he was doing a ball fake on the other 9er, and your guy just lowers the boom into him.

Now, do i think it's a bit of a harsh penalty? I do. I don't think the contact to the head was all that clean, and the defender, as you said, was in an awkward position.

But trying to paint this as some tricky or dirty play by the qb, putting his head at risk for 15 yards, is $h!t analysis. The guy he was trying to do the ball fake wasn't the guy that hit him.

And as we know, it doesn't matter the context. Helmet to helmet is a penalty. Not always fair. but that's the league. I thought the roughing penalty on Robinson was a worse call.

I honestly don't know if it was intentional so I'm not going to argue that point one way or the other. My point was only that the defender was in a bad spot. What do you do?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If anyone is upset about Russ's actions on that play thinking he was trying to draw a foul they should be irate with Kinlaw for his flop.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":265c6q0j said:
Uncle Si":265c6q0j said:
Marvin49":265c6q0j said:
Uncle Si":265c6q0j said:

But trying to paint this as some tricky or dirty play by the qb, putting his head at risk for 15 yards, is $h!t analysis. The guy he was trying to do the ball fake wasn't the guy that hit him.

I honestly don't know if it was intentional so I'm not going to argue that point one way or the other. My point was only that the defender was in a bad spot. What do you do?

Agree with you there...

Remember, I am replying to a poster who suggested RW did this as a dirty trick on the 9er player. I dont think there is much you can do in these instances if you're the player there outside of just tackle with your arms. Maybe that's where the game is headed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What is Russ supposed to do?? "Hey, I'm getting ready to slide now, are you ready?"
Suck it up, it's football. He drilled him in the head, it got called. Had no bearing on the outcome.