Happy for the win but...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
3-0, winning all the time really sucks. Nothing is more entertaining than coming in here on Monday's and hearing some people complain after WINS. What a miserable way to look at sports. Have at it, do you.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":31os2ega said:
3-0, winning all the time really sucks. Nothing is more entertaining than coming in here on Monday's and hearing some people complain after WINS. What a miserable way to look at sports. Have at it, do you.

At least this place is consistent.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The goal is to win a divisional playoff game for the 1st time since the SB loss and at least MAKE the Conference Championship game.

Teams that have to score 5 TDs per game to even win the game...aren't making that objective.

Winning regular season games is great. But losing a regular season game is to be expected.

How many SB winning teams have gone undefeated?

We are winning but we are also winning over teams with depleted secondaries. Will that continue?

It isn't exactly a moral win (as the opposite of a moral loss). But there are some very bad trends and indicators that we are facing.

It makes no sense to expect a SB with this defense. But a single playoff win outside of wildcard? Maybe. Hopefully.

Not if the DC does not start coaching better though.

RCATES

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25s97jzq said:
Did I say the D doesn't suck? No I didn't.
But go ahead and assume I did. Typical.
They're 3-0. Keep whining after every win if you like. And I'll keep enjoying wins.
They are 3-0 and you b!@ch about WINS every single time. Change the record man.

Lol look at this shell of a man put out insults. Pure comedy.

misfit

Reaction score
for some reason, this place seemed way happier when he had the lob and the offense was struggling

go figure

Own The West

Reaction score
RCATES":1638x74k said:
SoulfishHawk":1638x74k said:
Yep, here's to more complaining after wins. It's pretty consistent :irishdrinkers:

Statistically the worse Defense of all time in the first three games. Ever. In league history. If you’re not concerned more power to you. This team is not a contender with this defense sorry. Scary part is at the start of the season the secondary was suppose to be Hawks strong point of the Defense. Yikes

This team is 22nd in scoring defense and 2nd in scoring offense. That's not the end of the world since the 2013 Broncos were 22nd in scoring defense and 1st in scoring offense when they went to the Superbowl. Also we've played 3 top 10 offenses in our first three games, while our offense has spotted the opponent a TD each game.

In a normal year we'd be heading into pre-season game 4 this week, but instead we're 3-0 going to 1-2 Miami, then 0-3 Minnesota, and a bye. We've a real chance to be 5-0 going into the bye and getting some people back.

Let's not panic yet...

RCATES

Reaction score
misfit":1iqszc3d said:
for some reason, this place seemed way happier when he had the lob and the offense was struggling

go figure

Or maybe we actually have a knowledgeable fan base that realizes this Swiss Cheese defense will mean an early exit again in the playoffs. But hey lets all be overjoyed for being 3-0 but looking terrible.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Insults? I just said you whine. You call me out all the time. And why do you care if other people enjoy a 3-0 start? Honest question, why do you care? How is it impacting you? You are basically calling people stupid and/or homers if they are happy about wins.
Talk about comical. Go Hawks

misfit

Reaction score
RCATES":24ja8qcg said:
misfit":24ja8qcg said:

go figure

Or maybe we actually have a knowledgeable fan base that realizes this Swiss Cheese defense will mean an early exit again in the playoffs. But hey lets all be overjoyed for being 3-0 but looking terrible.

or maybe this team starts really slow in some fashion early in the year and will figure something out

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1u0k9qef said:
scutterhawk":1u0k9qef said:
snowleopard":1u0k9qef said:
Seattle have developed a nasty habit of defending way too deep when trying to protect a 4th quarter lead. It has gone on for years. NE should not have been anywhere close to winning today but instead Seattle were lucky to hang on. The first time I noticed this particularly was losing a play off game to Atlanta the year before winning the Superbowl.
Bullsh*t dude ^, Seahawks beat the Cowboys, = No if ands or buts, it was a HARD FOUGHT WIN, this isn't the time to snivel about some of our players getting beat all to hell & throwing everything they had into doing so. :141847_bnono:

That post you quoted was from last week & had nothing to do with the Cowboy game.
And my post is still relevant to all three games that we've played thus far.

RCATES

Reaction score
Own The West":2rk5b6p7 said:
RCATES":2rk5b6p7 said:
SoulfishHawk":2rk5b6p7 said:
Yep, here's to more complaining after wins. It's pretty consistent :irishdrinkers:

Statistically the worse Defense of all time in the first three games. Ever. In league history. If you’re not concerned more power to you. This team is not a contender with this defense sorry. Scary part is at the start of the season the secondary was suppose to be Hawks strong point of the Defense. Yikes

This team is 22nd in scoring defense and 2nd in scoring offense. That's not the end of the world since the 2013 Broncos were 22nd in scoring defense and 1st in scoring offense when they went to the Superbowl. Also we've played 3 top 10 offenses in our first three games, while our offense has spotted the opponent a TD each game.

In a normal year we'd be heading into pre-season game 4 this week, but instead we're 3-0 going to 1-2 Miami, then 0-3 Minnesota, and a bye. We've a real chance to be 5-0 going into the bye and getting some people back.

Let's not panic yet...

RCATES

Reaction score
RCATES":2sjde09b said:
Own The West":2sjde09b said:
RCATES":2sjde09b said:
SoulfishHawk":2sjde09b said:

Let's not panic yet...
up.
. Lol if you think Wilson can keep up this pace. If he has a off day we’re losing. Defense is a huge liability this year.

TypeSly

Reaction score
RCATES":2y6y09yf said:
TypeSly":2y6y09yf said:
I don't think our D is terrible, just our D-line. We have a very good secondary, but they can't cover guys forever, when the opposing QB has all day to stand in the pocket (as evidenced by last night).

Lmao at this delusion. The secondary is god awful. Worst ever actually.

1. SEA 1,292
2. NE 1,131 (2011)
3. SF 1,107 (2005)
4. HOU 1,106 (2010)
5. TAM 1,088 (2018)

The LOB used to hand out coverage sacks like they were candy. This secondary on paper should give similar results. They can’t even cover for 2 seconds. Guys are flying around wide open. Is it coaching? Has Pete lost his DB coaching magic?

Again, if you refer to my original post, I think it's more on the D-line than the secondary. I've played multiple positions in football for many years, and I've always said the hardest thing to do in football, is to cover a receiver. I was a very good safety (because I can read the QB's eyes, or his movements), yet I was a terrible CB. On paper, it might look like it's all on the secondary, but watching every game, I just see ZERO pressure on opposing QB's. Even the best secondary's will have a hell of a time covering people down field for longer than 2-3 seconds consistently.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, can't admit how wrong you were Cates? I thought you said the Hawks would give up a 40 burger and that Fitz would throw for 400 plus? They had ONE touchdown in garbage time. Not a single TD pass in the game, TWO interceptions by the Hawks, and 3 or 4 more dropped. Fitz is extremely lucky he didn't throw 5 picks in this game.
All that doom and gloom resulted in the same result: a WIN. And let me guess, you're still not happy after a win. Pure Comedy as you say...…….