Hawks vs rams post game thoughts.

hawks85

Reaction score
I am not happy, and blame goes everywhere, BUT I am blaming that Opie Taylor gaming commish for not letting Gordon play. Gordon would have made a huge difference, and I still think that stupid gaming commish has it out for Seattle for whatever reason, and no one will convince me otherwise. That gaming commish has a hard on for a KC vs GB SB, and I bet the house that's what it's gonna be.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Someone needs to be held accountable.

This offense was a joke for the second half of the season.

Next.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Since 2009, the Hawks have won every Home Playoff game on the first weekend. Think of it......eleven straight Home wins on the 1st weekend of the Playoffs. Something needs to change at the front office based on what we saw today.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I’m not surprised by the result of this game ,I’m not surprised at how bad we played, I’m not surprised that we made no adjustments ,I’m not surprised that Russell Wilson has regressed greatly anyone that follows him on any social media knows this to be true and what the distraction is .I’m not surprised my PC press conferences .I’m not surprised by the lack of changes ,I’m sorry but I’m just not surprised at any of this !anybody with eyes could’ve seen this coming .this whole season coming a few seasons ago .this IMHO is the worst 12 and 4 team in NFL history. pretenders right out the gate. I believe we need to draft a quarterback to put some pressure on Russell Wilson .I believe he’s distracted with other engagements . The only thing I hope for is that somebody notices this stuff somebody actually takes a deep look inside themselves and make some real changes. It starts with P Carol stop this nonsense you can’t win the game in the first quarter second quarter third quarter crap it has handicapped this team greatly. The clock management has been garbage for years and years .we don’t know how to use a time out correctly it would seem and we make the stupidest challenges I’ve ever seen a coach ever do. With all of that said I still believe we’re good team Russell Wilson needs to take a pay cut to get the proper people upfront to block for him if that doesn’t happen we will never see anything good out of Russell Wilson again. Is it just my opinions worth nothing.
Go Hawks

hawk45

Reaction score
keasley45":s11mfx0y said:
I dont think you can put this all on the coaches.

Truth - Russell is the best qb tgr franchise has ever had.

Truth - it's been shown time and time again that his stature does impact his ability to see the whole field, particularly on crossing routes over the middle.

I think at some point you might have to consider that that limitation hands the defense a considerable advantage. They essentially don't have to cover a wide selection of routes and in particular, quick throws. After a while, the book is out on how to stop them. And every year becomes a scheming exercise as to how to draw up (or cover up) the offenses limitations. This year those schemes worked for 6 games until we were solved.. push the pocket up the middle,, stand up the o linemen. Clog up passing lanes and Russ will HAVE to hold the ball.

Not being able to hit over the middle, short and medium routes is a consistent issue and after 9 years, I find it hard to belive that coaches just refuse to call those plays because the just forget to. Either they are inept, or they should be hailed geniuses for working around those things the offense just can't do because of Russ's inability to hit certain throws.

Like I said, I love him. But at a certain point you have to weigh whether it's more likely that all the coaches are just insane, or that the issue is with the QB. Amd not his ability, talent, heart, smarts or HOF fight, but a simple limitation.
This is what I see as well. I went back and watched some sack footage of Russ this year to try to evaluate the “we only call deep shots” claim and what I saw were crossers, hitches, etc all over the place. Teams that were outplaying our OL would blanket those routes, but even when they weren’t blanketed, we just do not exercise those middle options as much as other NFL teams do routinely.

That results in Russ holding the ball and we say the routes are all long because anything over 5 yards is out of the broadcast picture. A 7 yard hitch takes almost no time to develop but you cannot see it in broadcast.

In early games we were more effective in the middle and I don’t know if that is a result of more man coverage so Russ doesn’t fear a lurker outside his throwing lane or what.

Bottom line, the trend is that especially in zone, I’d what the defense gives us is underneath, we can’t take it reliably.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
This season besides watching the hawks and having football due to covid was a letdown. We won 12 games and got throttled at home by a broken thumbed qb.

At the same time we loved the LOB and how they shut teams down. The rams defense is elite and allows 18ppg. Russ pick 6 was the downfall.

BASF

Reaction score
No matter how much anyone wants to blame the coaches and QB, the truth is that football is won in the trenches. Their offensive line pushed our defensive line around most of the game. Their defensive line played on our side of the line of the scrimmage for most of the game. It really is that simple. The plays Wilson was clean in the pocket, the receivers were not open for the most part. You can scheme around the fact that the D-Line is owning you only so much. If we had run more early to wear them down, maybe we win.

John63

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1tcwkd34 said:
Why does Russ looks rattled every time he plays the Rams. It's like he's too worried about his stats and not turning the ball over instead of playing his game and going for the kill. He goes from alpha to pu$$y every time he plays the Rams. So annoyed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the hit. Sacked, hurried, and pressured in over 70% of his drop backs gave nothing to do with it at all. Or the horrific game plan

ducks41468

Reaction score
Did anyone honestly, truly, expect anything different? No. Everyone on this board knows this. They play the same utterly flaccid deathbed football every single year and then we feign outrage when surprise surprise they play the same completely useless football in the playoffs. This is the absolute dullest, most feckless, and most milquetoast team in the NFL, especially given their talent level.

Literally everyone knew this would happen. It will happen again next year. It will happen again the year after that, and then the year after that, and the year after that as well. Maybe if it happens for another 50 or 60 years maybe then people will finally realize that Pete and Russ are overrated and washed up and that going 11-5/12-4 every year means absolutely nothing if you play the dullest style in the league and lose in the playoffs every single year.

Pete and Russ should both be gone. They won't be. Because the more things change, the more they stay the same.

John63

Reaction score
ducks41468":vyo956iq said:
Did anyone honestly, truly, expect anything different? No. Everyone on this board knows this. They play the same utterly flaccid deathbed football every single year and then we feign outrage when surprise surprise they play the same completely useless football in the playoffs. This is the absolute dullest, most feckless, and most milquetoast team in the NFL, especially given their talent level.

Literally everyone knew this would happen. It will happen again next year. It will happen again the year after that, and then the year after that, and the year after that as well. Maybe if it happens for another 50 or 60 years maybe then people will finally realize that Pete and Russ are overrated and washed up and that going 11-5/12-4 every year means absolutely nothing if you play the dullest style in the league and lose in the playoffs every single year.

Pete and Russ should both be gone. They won't be. Because the more things change, the more they stay the same.

This is whynu don't do drugs

WarHawks

Reaction score
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Obviously, something major needs to change, because what we saw today was hot garbage.

keasley45

Reaction score
WarHawks":2tnxdvd6 said:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Obviously, something major needs to change, because what we saw today was hot garbage.

The lingering question is WHY they keep doing the same thing.

Is it a player or is it a coach that's the cause.

LTH

Reaction score
I think AD is the most dominating player in the league and I don't think there is even an argument there... Clearly the Rams D is the best in the league they proved that tonight. You could look at this as being a complete loss or you could just call it what it is and give credit to where credit is due...

Pete Carroll isn't going anywhere...But the fan base will still call for his head rather than appreciate his accomplishments and that's fine...people are people and the negativity will always be there, it's what makes victory's that much sweeter...

This theory that the Hawks have to be perfect every year and if they are not then it's cause to blow it up is unrealistic IMO... The misunderstanding that people have concerning this season being something this team should not be proud of is ridiculous... Personally I'm really sad some of you didn't enjoy the season... I had a blast I was thoroughly entertained...

LTH

RedAlice

Reaction score
Zybot":3o90w50h said:
Great game by Rams. One of the worst Seahawks playoff performances I can remember. What else is there to discuss?

Since 2004?

RedAlice

Reaction score
LTH":1anesz3c said:
I think AD is the most dominating player in the league and I don't think there is even an argument there... Clearly the Rams D is the best in the league they proved that tonight. You could look at this as being a complete loss or you could just call it what it is and give credit to where credit is due...

Pete Carroll isn't going anywhere...But the fan base will still call for his head rather than appreciate his accomplishments and that's fine...people are people and the negativity will always be there, it's what makes victory's that much sweeter...

This theory that the Hawks have to be perfect every year and if they are not then it's cause to blow it up is unrealistic IMO... The misunderstanding that people have concerning this season being something this team should not be proud of is ridiculous... Personally I'm really sad some of you didn't enjoy the season... I had a blast I was thoroughly entertained...

LTH

IMO.

This was going to be a school yard fight. And it was.

Unlike the other WC games this weekend. Ours was two teams who know and hate each other.

LTH

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ng0seex said:
LTH":1ng0seex said:

LTH

IMO.

Unlike the other WC games this weekend. Ours was two teams who know and hate each other.

It's not just our teams the whole west is insane...I don't care what anybody says the Niners are a good football team that is well coached with a GM that drafts really well... this is the most competitive division in football...and they all hate each other LOL

LTH

RedAlice

Reaction score
LTH":etf5jwl5 said:
RedAlice":etf5jwl5 said:
LTH":etf5jwl5 said:

LTH

IMO.

It's not just our teams the whole west is insane...I don't care what anybody says the Niners are a good football team that is well coached with a GM that drafts really well... this is the most competitive division in football...and they all hate each other LOL

LTH

On that, we agree.

I’d also add AZ. They are coming up very strong.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
RedAlice":2p5qv17r said:
Zybot":2p5qv17r said:
Great game by Rams. One of the worst Seahawks playoff performances I can remember. What else is there to discuss?

Since 2004?
Ugh the drop by engram almost killed me

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
keasley45":1duzgfr0 said:
keasley45":1duzgfr0 said:

Truth - it's been shown time and time again that his stature does impact his ability to see the whole field, particularly on crossing routes over the middle.

I think at some point you might have to consider that that limitation hands the defense a considerable advantage. They essentially don't have to cover a wide selection of routes and in particular, quick throws. After a while, the book is out on how to stop them. And every year becomes a scheming exercise as to how to draw up (or cover up) the offenses limitations. This year those schemes worked for 6 games until we were solved.. push the pocket up the middle,, stand up the o linemen. Clog up passing lanes and Russ will HAVE to hold the ball.

Not being able to hit over the middle, short and medium routes is a consistent issue and after 9 years, I find it hard to belive that coaches just refuse to call those plays because the just forget to. Either they are inept, or they should be hailed geniuses for working around those things the offense just can't do because of Russ's inability to hit certain throws.

Like I said, I love him. But at a certain point you have to weigh whether it's more likely that all the coaches are just insane, or that the issue is with the QB. Amd not his ability, talent, heart, smarts or HOF fight, but a simple limitation.

I should say that it's not that defenses flat don't have to cover receivers, but they can take risks in rush packages and roll coverages in such a way because they aren't afraid of certain routes.

I'm telling you nobody is getting open. It's not Russ height. The defense of the other teams are better.

keasley45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1oqo5ne6 said:
keasley45":1oqo5ne6 said:
keasley45":1oqo5ne6 said:

I should say that it's not that defenses flat don't have to cover receivers, but they can take risks in rush packages and roll coverages in such a way because they aren't afraid of certain routes.

I'm telling you nobody is getting open. It's not Russ height. The defense of the other teams are better.

That's just not true. I have all 22 and watch the same thing every weekend. When pressure comes we have no answer. Russ, although he often has an outlet or a crosser won't pull the trigger.

The thing that's difficult to understand is why we seem to have almost eliminated crosses and shallows from the playcalling. Maybe it is just as simple as them knowing that Russ isn't going to hit them because he can't often see them and that makes them too high risk.

Latest posts