Honest opinion on Rawls

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The RB of the future is not on this team right now. As of now, we can't depend on Rawls. He has missed more games than he has played in.

As much as we need help on the offensive line, if Dalvin Cook or Fournette falls to us I wouldn't mind taking either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2wnriggt said:
"Thanks Marshawn for everything you've done, but we have Rawls now. We don't need you anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

-All Seahawks fans at the end of last season.

"ALL Seahawks Fans"? :roll: you need to name names, to prove that you don't have an overactive imagination.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bighawk":35qmeaza said:
In my honest and fair opinion he is trying to hard to replace lynch and he is injury prone but I still like him but beast mode had the power and girth to handle the pounding. Prosise and Rawls together I believe is a great combo. The both of them can't handle a full load. They need each other.

There's a lot of truth to this, another good example is how well Marshawn Lynch & Russell Wilson complemented each other.
When Prosise and Rawls were there for Wilson, EVERYBODY shined.
Ezekiel Elliot & Dak Prescott :stirthepot: , Hell, David Johnson & Carson Palmer combo?.... I could go on, but I don't think that I need to.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I'd like to see some of you all try and run behind this line and see how well your bodies hold up.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":sea9j2f1 said:
warden":sea9j2f1 said:
Way too early to give up on Rawls

Our issues with the run game go much deeper then who our RB is.

It's not even giving up on him really.

It's more a case of this... if this team wants to truly rejuvenate the running game in the off-season, what happens if Rawls and Prosise just get banged up again and we're in the exact same situation as this year?

What reason is there to believe either can stay healthy?

So if you take the chance and they get hurt, it could be another wasted year. If you don't take the chance and draft a RB early -- you're open to criticism if that guy also gets hurt or doesn't have the desired impact.

Which is kind of why I think they need as close to a sure thing back there as you can possibly find. Someone with legit talent and toughness -- so then there's no second guessing. Hard to find.
Because I really don't believe that there's any such thing as "A Sure Thing Back", Injuries happen to guys like Lynch, & Peterson....Being a punishing runner has it's drawbacks.

AVL

Reaction score
Saying Lynch was the leader of the team in the locker room seems laughable in these times where so much of the training is voluntary.

Not that I don't miss peekaboo.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
scutterhawk":2dhesk4v said:
SixSeahawk":2dhesk4v said:
"Thanks Marshawn for everything you've done, but we have Rawls now. We don't need you anymore.

"ALL Seahawks Fans"? :roll: you need to name names, to prove that you don't have an overactive imagination.

It may not have been all Seahawks fans, but it was definitely the general opinion in sway on this forum. Rawls was Marshawn Lynch 2.0, the second coming of the Beastmode. There was a lot of nostalgia regarding Marshawn, but Rawls was most assuredly seen as a solid replacement/clone around these parts.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ebma4ro said:
scutterhawk":1ebma4ro said:
SixSeahawk":1ebma4ro said:

It may not have been all Seahawks fans, but it was definitely the general opinion in sway on this forum. Rawls was Marshawn Lynch 2.0, the second coming of the Beastmode. There was a lot of nostalgia regarding Marshawn, but Rawls was most assuredly seen as a solid replacement/clone around these parts.

The obvious was that Marshawn was injured and self-chosen retirement was on the horizon, while Rawls was leading the league in YPC. I don't think there is really a lot more to say about it. Anyone saying "Don't let the door hit you..." should be tarred and feathered, but it was pretty clear Marshawn's incredible contributions were over and the team would have to face a future without him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3uy3smkb said:
I'd like to see some of you all try and run behind this line and see how well your bodies hold up.
I don't think my 48 year old bad back and bad knees would hold up well. I'd be stretchered out after one play. 8)

Rat

Reaction score
Rawls-Prosise could be such an exciting duo, but it's hard to imagine that they'll both be healthy at the same time much.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Runs harder than his body allows. IMO, his frame isn't built to take the beating of between tackle running and his speed slams him into defenders to hard for his build. He's good but not "NFL" built!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
sadly Rawls is our rudy... he's got more heart and effort in him than his body is made for.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
razor150":2rbzh5a1 said:
vin.couve12":2rbzh5a1 said:
Popeyejones":2rbzh5a1 said:
zchurch74":2rbzh5a1 said:
I really think he is a bust. He has had a few good games and he is shining in a group of mediocre backs.

UDFA can't really be bust. Heck a IDFA who is an average starter is a home run.

Rawls is the most boom or bust RB I can think of though. In any week the guy could go 15 for 150 or 15 for 15 and it doesn't seem like there's much in between for him. I've always just assumed it's a small sample size thing and if pressed I probably still think it is, but it's definitely something I've noticed about him.

Across these two years he's had what, maybe one average game? :lol:
Draft slate or UDFA has nothing to do with how good a player is or isn't. People need to get this out of their heads.

Where someone is drafted is a good messure of talent, and an expectation of what the team will get out of them. That is why high draft choices are really the only ones who can be considered busts since UDFA are usually at best role players. There is a reason why Rawls didn't play a lot in college and wasn't drafted. Once they've established themselves as good players, then draft positition doesn't matter, but Rawls hasn't done enough to be considered a good player.
That CAN be true, but isn't most of the time. Something like 90% of first round picks don't even last long in the NFL, particularly since the combine became such a huge deal. Track and field talent doesn't necessarily equate to being a good football player and you also have to try and gauge the level of opposition in their college careers.

It's not a science in the slightest. All you really know for sure is what you invested and THAT'S where people get hung up. And on top of that, a rated talent for one team doesn't necessarily equate to the rating for another. Most ratings are just flat out wrong at that. Baldwin actually is a good example. He was hugely productive in college, but was still a 5'10 180 pound WR that only ran a 4.48. Those are a dime a dozen. However, Baldwin's 6.56 3 cone is in the top 10 quickest times for any player drafted in the last 15 years. He's MONSTROUSLY quick. You also can't take a combine measurement of his dedication and toughness.

The draft is a measure of talent, alright....and it's nothing more than a lot of dipshit opinion. Most of which is wrong, as it statistically turns out.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I'll admit I was a big Rawls fan boy coming into the season. But he's crashed and burned hard this year, save for one game vs Carolina. Can't stay on the field, and even when he is, he's mostly unproductive.

I did a lot of research on the draftees this year, and the one RB I really wanted the Hawks to go after was Jordan Howard. I saw a lot of experts comparing him to Arian Foster. He's built like an NFL back at 6'1", 220+. He was a 3 year starter split between UAB and Indiana and put up gaudy numbers. I watched a lot of his highlights and he looked like a future star RB. And that's exactly what he's been for Chicago this year. I couldn't believe he slipped to the fifth round. The Hawks had multiple chances to get him, but opted for Prosise and Collins instead (although I think Howard went a few picks in front of AC).

I just think going for Prosise, although electric, was a bit foolish. He is very inexperienced as a RB, and is a bit too gadgety. He's got good size, but can that and his athleticism offset his inexperience and fragility? I sure hope so, because it'd be a shame if he doesn't pan out seeing as how he was a third round pick. I just don't see how Rawls is the future, and we'll surely need Prosise present and productive. Heck, maybe AC is the future.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1k5pm1e4 said:
I like Rawls, but as everyone else said the injuries are a major drawback at this point.

As weird as this sounds, he plays almost too physical imo. He wants to run everyone over, but his size at this level doesn't allow him to do that against much larger and stronger linebackers. His body isn't going to hold up unless he learns to pick his battles.

I'd rather see him roll around in the grass like Alexander did toward the end of his career than try to take on Kuechly and get destroyed and injured, for example. He needs to start protecting his body or he's not going to last much longer I'm afraid
I'd take that bet any day, Rawls running over Kuechly, that is. People have this strange view on Kuechly. A guy not too long ago kept going on about how he's 6'6 and 270 pounds. He's 6'2 240, in reality. He's actually fairly light for a MLB and plays even softer at the POA against blockers. As in, he doesn't take them on most of the time and is a go around guy. Great tackler, but tackling a skill position player and taking on OL when you have t -rex 30" arms is another story. AND he doesn't play with great leverage at all either.

Kuechly is a space LB. He'd be a WLB here in Seattle for instance. You wouldn't want him responsible for a strong side A or B gap, whether we're in Under or Over formations, for example. It wouldn't be pretty.

Meh, Rawls would ring his bell. They might both get hurt though.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think Beast Mode helped scare Rawls into hesitancy. When Rawls got that concussion recently, Beast Mode gave him some advice:
“He was just telling me to brace,” Rawls said in the locker room after Sunday’s dominating 40-7 win. “He was scared because I was holding my head after that play. After getting tested for the concussion, he was just telling me to just make sure to kind of give him a little bit of my body next time. Just listening to him, man. Big brother.”
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/217738/ra ... on-advice/

Rawls thoroughly looks up to Beast Mode, and I think this advice registered deeply: Your body is more important than this game. Not disagreeing with that advice, but I think it has made Rawls much more hesitant to lower his head and drive since his concussion.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3eb6ln2y said:
Rawls has the style of Lynch without the durability.
The brutish running style we desire lends to injuries.
Lynch was not superhuman. Besides the abdominal hernia or tear there was a chronic back issue Lynch would describe as "spinal".
He often battled through pain and injuries. Because of that we conveniently ignored those concerns thinking he'd keep pounding for us year after year. Those following closely knew the writing was on the wall.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Rat":1myvvqk5 said:
Rawls-Prosise could be such an exciting duo, but it's hard to imagine that they'll both be healthy at the same time much.

Perhaps they might shine in Game #1 of Pre-season? ;)

Latest posts