Hot names for the new OC

Fade

Reaction score
I'm betting Darrell Bevell. I will be actually shocked if it isn't him.

Fimages2Ffa8defcd8c720ed0b0c5aee2c9d322342Ftenor

getnasty

Reaction score
I can see someone off of the Titans staff becoming our OC

pmedic920

Reaction score
Matty Ice

I’d love to see something totally unthought of.

I’d love to see somebody with a History with the team.

Edit:
No name comes to mind but I’d also be perfectly fine with a guy coming out of NCAA from one of the high powered teams.

We need someone that’s “in touch” with the current (and near future) draft prospects.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jeff Lebby - Ole Miss OC.

Creative, explosive run game with deep passing game.

Mike Kafka - Chiefs QB coach. Probably taking over OC there though.

Fade

Reaction score
Seymour":3ifalafp said:
Here is my vote, and a certain WINNER!!!

Nagement puppet puppeteer puppet string rkin51 low

If it's not an established, highly thought of offensive mind.

The first question the media should ask is, "So, how does it feel to be Pete Carroll's latest puppet? How long do you think you'll survive before they throw you into the wood-chipper?" :D

RIP - Jeremy Bates
RIP - Darrell Bevell
RIP - Brian Schottenheimer

I feel bad for the sad sap who takes this job, and wrecks their career.

This is amazing. Pete can continue to screw it up, and at the first sign the heat is on him, he can just throw his under-qualified OC under the bus. Most NFL/Seahawks fans would be satisfied with this.

If Pete put as much time into actually game-planning for his opponents as he did football politics he would be unstoppable. :shock:

justafan

Reaction score
mistaowen":39rj4nns said:

Lebby

On his offensive philosophy: The things that we live by, you’re going to hear us talk about being fast, fearless and physical on offense. Everything we’re going to do is going to be fast-paced. We’re going to run around fast on the field, we’re going to coach fast and play fast. We’re going to be fearless. We’re going to call plays in a fearless manner. We want our guys to go out and be fearless when they step on the football field and cut loose and go play. And we’re going to be a physical football team that’s going to be incredibly physical. I truly believe there has not been a championship football team that hasn’t found a way to be physical in every area of their football team. We’re going to do that and play that way every single Saturday. That’s everything you do — from being a ball-carrier, to blocking on the perimeter, to blocking in the core. Everything you do, you’ve got to find a way to be physical. It’s a physical game. If we’re going to hoist the trophy, we’re going to find ways to be physical at every position on the offensive side of the ball.

I like the sound of that.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
mistaowen":34vupvdd said:

Whoa there. Pete isn't gonna let that fly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Anthony Lynn was fired as HC of the Chargers. He was the Bills OC prior to that. Based on this excerpt from an article when he became the Bills OC, it seems to be aligned with Pete's philosophy -

"As for the style of play, the emphasis will be on attacking. Lynn’s not going to go run Jim Kelly’s no-huddle all day, but he wants the offense to play faster and put pressure on the defense. “I want to play smart, physical football, I want to be explosive down the field, and right now I just want to stay on the damn field,” he said, a nod to the Bills’ struggles on third down."

The whole article on Anthony Lynn becoming Bills OC (prior to HC with the Chargers) - https://www.democratandchronicle.co...lls-oc-anthony-lynn-ready-challenge/90854382/

Like PC, he seems to be a player's coach and motivator - https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/chargers-players-reflect-about-former-head-coach-anthony-lynn

Chapow

Reaction score
pmedic920":p2yehykb said:
No name comes to mind but I’d also be perfectly fine with a guy coming out of NCAA from one of the high powered teams.

We need someone that’s “in touch” with the current (and near future) draft prospects.

Steve Sarkisian.

:stirthepot:

Fade

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...nificant-if-pete-carroll-remains-micromanager

--But it would hardly be surprising if Schottenheimer heard all that and said, “Yep, I’m good. I don’t need to deal with this anymore.”

And that’s why criticizing Schottenheimer, or Darrell Bevell for that matter, is always such an ambiguous task. How much of Seattle’s shortcomings are on the OC, and how much of it is Carroll forcing his will on how the offense will operate?--

Joe Fann knows what's up.

NJlargent

Reaction score
The new OC will be underwhelming for sure. Some boring pick.

The only hope is that Wilson openly complains about PC and a business decision is made to toss PC. Otherwise in 5 years we can start worrying about coordinators when we are more than a wildcard team due to an amazing QB.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Chapow":1rreohrf said:
pmedic920":1rreohrf said:

Steve Sarkisian.

Oh no you ditn't!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Chapow":kj74ly6t said:
pmedic920":kj74ly6t said:

Steve Sarkisian.

I thought he’s the next Texas Longhorns coach?