Hot names for the new OC

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":39bfr8fn said:
Chapow":39bfr8fn said:
pmedic920":39bfr8fn said:
No name comes to mind but I’d also be perfectly fine with a guy coming out of NCAA from one of the high powered teams.

We need someone that’s “in touch” with the current (and near future) draft prospects.

Steve Sarkisian.

:stirthepot:
I thought he’s the next Texas Longhorns coach?

He is.

It was a joke, hence the stir the pot emoji. Sark is generally not very well liked around these parts.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Fade":14xp0ho5 said:
https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...nificant-if-pete-carroll-remains-micromanager

--But it would hardly be surprising if Schottenheimer heard all that and said, “Yep, I’m good. I don’t need to deal with this anymore.”

And that’s why criticizing Schottenheimer, or Darrell Bevell for that matter, is always such an ambiguous task. How much of Seattle’s shortcomings are on the OC, and how much of it is Carroll forcing his will on how the offense will operate?--

Joe Fann knows what's up.

Pretty much what's been said on here multiple times.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Lane Kiffen, how would you feel about him? Think about it. Knows DK, up tempo, that might be kind of fun. He was on Pete’s staff at USC, I think.

Or he brings his son back from Arizona. Then he would have a true puppet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":17fslwwo said:
I'm betting Darrell Bevell. I will be actually shocked if it isn't him.

Fimages2Ffa8defcd8c720ed0b0c5aee2c9d322342Ftenor
That’s me in the picture if it is “he who’s name I won’t say”.

massari

Reaction score
If PC is actually the problem, why doesn't Wilson use his power to change it? Got to believe ownership views Wilson above PC on the hierarchy.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1cp58l2f said:
Anthony Lynn was fired as HC of the Chargers. He was the Bills OC prior to that. Based on this excerpt from an article when he became the Bills OC, it seems to be aligned with Pete's philosophy -

"As for the style of play, the emphasis will be on attacking. Lynn’s not going to go run Jim Kelly’s no-huddle all day, but he wants the offense to play faster and put pressure on the defense. “I want to play smart, physical football, I want to be explosive down the field, and right now I just want to stay on the damn field,” he said, a nod to the Bills’ struggles on third down."

The whole article on Anthony Lynn becoming Bills OC (prior to HC with the Chargers) - https://www.democratandchronicle.co...lls-oc-anthony-lynn-ready-challenge/90854382/

Like PC, he seems to be a player's coach and motivator - https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/chargers-players-reflect-about-former-head-coach-anthony-lynn

Very intrigued by this

Chapow

Reaction score
massari":1wi2w6yg said:
If PC is actually the problem, why doesn't Wilson use his power to change it? Got to believe ownership views Wilson above PC on the hierarchy.

You can't be serious?

Pete Carroll is the executive vice president of football operations and the head coach of the Seahawks.

Russell Wilson is unquestionably the most important player on the team, but he's ultimately "just" a player.

I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams that ownership views Wilson above Carroll on the hierarchy. I'm not sure there even is anyone above Carroll on the hierarchy other than Jody Allen.

"On the morning of January 9, 2010, Carroll reportedly came to agreement with the Seahawks on a 5-year contract that would appoint him as head coach. He was officially hired as the Seahawks' head coach on January 11. He was also named executive vice president of football operations, effectively making him the Seahawks' general manager as well. While the Seahawks have a general manager in John Schneider, he serves mainly in an advisory role to Carroll, who has the final say in football matters. He is one of three coaches who also has the powers of general manager, along with New England's Bill Belichick and Washington's Ron Rivera."

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
massari":2z6pums0 said:
If Paul Allen was alive, then maybe Russ would throw his weight around behind the scenes. However, Jodi Allen is the owner now so she may just see it as Pete knows what he's doing and leave it at that.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
It doesnt matter who comes in, Pete Carroll will not allow them to have full control, thus the cycle repeating itself. Seattle Seahawks needs a new HC.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if they brought in Bill Callahan from Cleveland. He's always improved his O-Lines wherever he's been, something that we can appreciate. It'd be a promotion of sorts for him even if technically it's a lateral move in reality.

From GameHaus.com:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thegam...dates-for-the-2021-nfl-season/2021/01/11/amp/

Bill Callahan: Offensive Line Coach, Cleveland Browns
Everywhere Bill Callahan lands he gets that teams offensive line to become a top-10 unit in the league. Callahan helped develop the Dallas Cowboys great offensive line headlined by Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, and Travis Frederick. All three were elite during their prime and were first or second year players when Callahan arrived.

Then in Callahan’s next destination Washington, he tried to recreate that offensive line magic with Trent Williams, Brandon Scherff, and Morgan Moses. All were young in their careers when Callahan joined Washingtons coaching staff. Williams and Scherff are Pro Bowl caliber players while Moses is a solid starter.

This past year he coached the Cleveland Browns up to be the best offensive line in football this past season according to PFF. Jedrick Wills has been outstanding during his rookie season, Jack Conklin was named First Team All-Pro, and both starting guards Wyatt Teller and Joe Bitonio were voted Second Team All-Pro this season.

Callahan is great at developing young offensive lines into strengths for teams trying to be competitive sooner rather than later. It is shocking that with his track record he has not received more consideration for an offensive coordinator position.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I’m not getting excited just yet. It’s most likely going to be Canales or Austin Davis. Pete wants a ‘Yessa Massa’ as his OC who follows all of his commands. Any deviation and they’re fired.

hawker84

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who they bring in, Pete will force his philosophy on them and it'll be more of the same. Schotty was not the problem IMO...

James in PA

Reaction score
It is pretty sad that we’re about to roll out our 4th OC since Pete got here. That wouldn’t sound so bad if some of them went on to get promoted. But they ALL got canned. Please get it right this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ka1ia9u said:
Fade":2ka1ia9u said:
I'm betting Darrell Bevell. I will be actually shocked if it isn't him.

Fimages2Ffa8defcd8c720ed0b0c5aee2c9d322342Ftenor
That’s me in the picture if it is “he who’s name I won’t say”.

Ahhh come on man!! Maybe you guys can Veto management to not pardon SiouxHawk to make it an easier transition for you?? :snack:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1vu36pom said:
I’m not getting excited just yet. It’s most likely going to be Canales or Austin Davis. Pete wants a ‘Yessa Massa’ as his OC who follows all of his commands. Any deviation and they’re fired.

Pete meddles, sure, but he doesn't necessarily micromanage. He's not the playcaller. Schotty drew up his own route tree and passing concepts, and called them how he pleased for the most part.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How would y'all feel about Mike McDaniel? San Francisco's run-game coordinator. That's a hire I'd love to see.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

Who would want that?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3prhp652 said:
It’s going to be difficult to find an OC.

What kind of OC with hopes on being a Head Coach wants to be a “Yes” man and be the puppet and scapegoat to Carroll’s foolishness?

Even Carroll’s own son, smartened up and high tailed it out of here for Arizona.

Hell, Brennan, probably has a lot of ideas on how to make an explosive offense but he knows his father wasn’t a fan.

Now, he gets to expose his dad’s defense and I’m sure he is motivated to do that.

It’s hard to accept someone telling you, while you will be the OC, you will do it my way and that is the only way.

I wouldn’t want to be that person knowing you’ll be very limited on what you can do and then get canned when it doesn’t work.

Who would want that?

I think you're underestimating Brian Schottenheimer's control over the offense. He was still the playcaller, drew up his own scheme with his own terminology and his own passing concepts, and called them as he wished outside of particular situations where Pete would issue a directive.

It's not like Pete is calling the plays himself.

As far as who would want the job? Probably quite a few guys. Brian Schottenheimer, a generally unimpressive coach throughout his career, was getting head coach buzz before it fell apart this year.

We act as if this is abnormal. Coordinators rarely get absolute full control of half the team without being given some form of direction from the head coach.

Schottenheimer would still be here if he would've picked up on the fact that Russ can't read stick or mesh or any other short pattern quickly enough and adjusted, but he didn't. That's all him.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Ty Willingham
Rick Neuheisel
Tom Cable
Freddie Kitchens
Jim Tomsula
Ryan Leaf