How long has it been ?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
When was the last time ; going into a new season , that you dared entertain the thought of the Hawks making it back to the SB again ? To be honest , it hasn't crossed my mind for a long time .
I haven’t thought about or considered a Super Bowl run since Seattle lost that playoff game to Dallas.

I thought that pretty much ended Carroll’s run, right after that, the Wilson issues starting to surface.

And when Carroll couldn’t draft well anymore, and add an unhappy QB in Wilson, Carroll’s run was over at that point.

GemCity

Reaction score
I haven’t thought about or considered a Super Bowl run since Seattle lost that playoff game to Dallas.

I thought that pretty much ended Carroll’s run, right after that, the Wilson issues starting to surface.

And when Carroll couldn’t draft well anymore, and add an unhappy QB in Wilson, Carroll’s run was over at that point.
I remember that game. Didn’t we run a silly amount of dives into a stacked box against the leagues best run defense?

Yah…that was awesome.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I remember that game. Didn’t we run a silly amount of dives into a stacked box against the leagues best run defense?

Yah…that was awesome.
Another one of Carroll’s finest game plans:

“Let’s outsmart them by doing what they are so good at stopping! They’ll never see it coming!”

I swear this man just tries to either outsmart the opponent or just imposing his will on the opponent and then 90 percent of the time, the opponents know what’s coming.

Also Carroll, “We didn’t execute well.”

No, you didn’t game plan well and they saw it coming the entire time….!!!

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The moment right before the worst play call ever when I was shouting over and over,,,,don't throw the ball, don't throw the ball, don't throw the ball. After that play I knew the locker room was lost and it was over. I knew he would never capture that kind of magic with a roster again. Going on 9 years now.
I remember saying that before the play, probably every Seahawks fan was saying that, the sad thing is the coaches weren't. That wasn't a typical loss, it was demoralizing. I couldn't see a path back to the SB after that either.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Many of us predicted this kind of outcome after The Play, and here we are, nearly ten years later, and nothing has significantly changed and we have been proven correct. Therefore, causation and logic indicates that those of us who predict that we won't win another sb with the current organization in place are also correct. That's not being negative, its just pointing out cause and effect. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was at 49. It happened right in front of me. I knew immediately the entire history of that team had been changed on that call. Never left a game more pissed off in my life. Great experience going to the SB, very fortunate. Great game other than the end. But damn.......you just kind of knew it was going to ruin everything they had built up.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
When a team enters a new season , and don't have a vision of a championship stamped in their minds and play accordingly ; then it's over before it's started . Fans react accordingly . It's like...if they don't care why should I .