I have to confess..

morgulon1

Reaction score
I have had a guilty feeling for awhile . I know it sounds silly but I have to come clean with all on .net regarding stuff I've said over the last season . Many on here
Probably haven't noticed or don't care but it's for me.

1. I'm done talking about Clint Hurtt in a bad light. I've said he was stupid, fat , had no business as a defensive coordinator.
Pete Carroll sure thinks a lot of him and the least I could do is show support. I'm excited to see what he does with the upgraded personnel and a year under his belt . To go with all those cheeseburgers.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

2. I've said stuff about DK Metcalf being immature. Getting misconduct penalties,
Dropped passes etc. The way I see it Is he has heart and maybe he gets a little caught up in the moment but I'll take that any day. He's a bad ass and I'm glad he's a Seahawk. Dude beats up corners and takes linebackers straight up.

3. I've talked about Pete Carroll. The fact is that he's a true badass and I have all the confidence that he'll get us back to the owl.looking back ,Russell Wilson was probably tough to deal with and i think him being gone improved the culture . And to all the people who want him and Mr Schneider gone...who do you suggest replacing a NCAA AND NFL champion coach with?

4. I wish #3 the best of luck. Yes , he's cringe as heck but he won a lot of games for Seattle and conducted himself as a gentleman the entire time he was here.
We got our top 5 pick and I'm moving on.
He's still a freaking dork .

I feel better now.

bileever

Reaction score
As my coach used to say, this game will reveal you for who you are--your abilities, your strengths, your faults, your insecurities and demons. And that's true for fandom as well. Nick Hornby's book, Fever Pitch, is all about that. How being a fan can bring out the worst in us, but also how it can sustain us. Something about being a fan can bring out passion we can't even muster for our girlfriends or wives. As Hornby writes, "I fell in love with football (soccer) as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it."

He also says, "But what else can we do when we're so weak? We invest hours each day, months each year, years each lifetime in something over which we have no control; it is any wonder then, that we are reduced to creating ingenious but bizarre liturgies designed to give us the illusion that we are powerful after all, just as every other primitive community has done when faced with a deep and apparently impenetrable mystery?”

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
As my coach used to say, this game will reveal you for who you are--your abilities, your strengths, your faults, your insecurities and demons. And that's true for fandom as well. Nick Hornby's book, Fever Pitch, is all about that. How being a fan can bring out the worst in us, but also how it can sustain us. Something about being a fan can bring out passion we can't even muster for our girlfriends or wives. As Hornby writes, "I fell in love with football (soccer) as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it."

He also says, "But what else can we do when we're so weak? We invest hours each day, months each year, years each lifetime in something over which we have no control; it is any wonder then, that we are reduced to creating ingenious but bizarre liturgies designed to give us the illusion that we are powerful after all, just as every other primitive community has done when faced with a deep and apparently impenetrable mystery?”
I think I’d like to read Fever Pitch. I recall liking the movie. High Fidelity is an another Hornby book that I haven’t read but have seen the movie.
About a Boy…read book and THEN saw movie. Enjoyed both.
I believe we are all caught up here. Thank you for inspiring me to read something other than internet forums and social media.

pmedic920

Reaction score
There has been more years since 48 than there was between 40 and 48.
The issue as I see it?

48 & 49 raised our expectations beyond what’s actually reasonable.

In reality if we look at what the Seahawks have been since 48, we have very little to complain about.

The Pete area has spoiled us so to speak.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We get an extra week of football quite often. A lot of other teams would like that too.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Yeah more years of winning.
Only 1 more playoff victory between 48 and now then there was between 40 and 48 (not including the 48 season in either side.)

4 playoff victories between the 40 loss and the 48 season. 5 playoff victories between the 48 win and now. 2 of those 5 in the failed 49 bid.

Also, same number of division titles in the two time spans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Only 1 more playoff victory between 48 and now then there was between 40 and 48 (not including the 48 season in either side.)

4 playoff victories between the 40 loss and the 48 season. 5 playoff victories between the 48 win and now. 2 of those 5 in the failed 49 bid.

Also, same number of division titles in the two time spans.

You left out the other SB appearance.

Conveniently.

Sometimes I think you guys are bored and are just mad to be mad. Winning is hard in the NFL, to have a coach and GM who have consistently put a winner on the field giving us the hope and chance every year of being a good NFL team is lost on WAY too many people on here.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
You left out the other SB appearance.

Conveniently.

Sometimes I think you guys are bored and are just mad to be mad. Winning is hard in the NFL, to have a coach and GM who have consistently put a winner on the field giving us the hope and chance every year of being a good NFL team is lost on WAY too many people on here.
I did not.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There has been more years since 48 than there was between 40 and 48.
Yeah, but a hell of a lot longer dry spell getting to 40, and somehow 49 isn't even in the conversation?
For all the angst & bitter that is bestowed on Pete & John, they have earned & DESERVES ALL the accolades for bringing a Lombardi to us Seattle Fans.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I have had a guilty feeling for awhile . I know it sounds silly but I have to come clean with all on .net regarding stuff I've said over the last season . Many on here
Probably haven't noticed or don't care but it's for me.

1. I'm done talking about Clint Hurtt in a bad light. I've said he was stupid, fat , had no business as a defensive coordinator.
Pete Carroll sure thinks a lot of him and the least I could do is show support. I'm excited to see what he does with the upgraded personnel and a year under his belt . To go with all those cheeseburgers.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

2. I've said stuff about DK Metcalf being immature. Getting misconduct penalties,
Dropped passes etc. The way I see it Is he has heart and maybe he gets a little caught up in the moment but I'll take that any day. He's a bad ass and I'm glad he's a Seahawk. Dude beats up corners and takes linebackers straight up.

3. I've talked about Pete Carroll. The fact is that he's a true badass and I have all the confidence that he'll get us back to the owl.looking back ,Russell Wilson was probably tough to deal with and i think him being gone improved the culture . And to all the people who want him and Mr Schneider gone...who do you suggest replacing a NCAA AND NFL champion coach with?

4. I wish #3 the best of luck. Yes , he's cringe as heck but he won a lot of games for Seattle and conducted himself as a gentleman the entire time he was here.
We got our top 5 pick and I'm moving on.
He's still a freaking dork .

I feel better now.
Doesn’t that feel better now?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm going to miss my weekly bashing of Clint Hurtt in the game day forum with the OP.

I refuse to grow up. Clint Hurtt is holding this team back!

As far as DK goes, I just hope that Bobby being on the team holds him and D Taylor accountable. They both need to mature. DK doesn't need to be a leader, as I don't think that's necessarily his strength, but just don't commit stupid penalties. Focus man.

Just my opinion

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm going to miss my weekly bashing of Clint Hurtt in the game day forum with the OP.

I refuse to grow up. Clint Hurtt is holding this team back!

As far as DK goes, I just hope that Bobby being on the team holds him and D Taylor accountable. They both need to mature. DK doesn't need to be a leader, as I don't think that's necessarily his strength, but just don't commit stupid penalties. Focus man.

Just my opinion
Haha I said some brutal things I'm ashamed of personally. Hey we all get
upset and who do we take it out on?

DK has the makings of a top tier NFL receiver. Size , speed , intangibles. He
Is going to step up this season.

I respect your opinion btw