I have to confess..

GGotskill

Reaction score
I'm going to miss my weekly bashing of Clint Hurtt in the game day forum with the OP.

I refuse to grow up. Clint Hurtt is holding this team back!

As far as DK goes, I just hope that Bobby being on the team holds him and D Taylor accountable. They both need to mature. DK doesn't need to be a leader, as I don't think that's necessarily his strength, but just don't commit stupid penalties. Focus man.

Just my opinion

I get the DK jab, but Taylor? What has he done to be seen as needing to mature?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People need their players to blast. It just goes from one to the next. Meh, Taylor is a good dude. Just needs to play a lot more consistently.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I get the DK jab, but Taylor? What has he done to be seen as needing to mature?
Running onto the field in the Raiders game.

Costly penalties at untimely situations during the season

He's just not a very mature player at this point of his career. Again, this is just my opinion. I could be way off the mark, and I apologize if my opinion is deemed offensive or wrong. Mods may feel free to remove my opinions at any time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He has his moments. I'm just not worried about him that's all. But you make good points for sure. Players do dumb stuff sometimes, unfortunately.

Look at guys like Bennett, Irvin, Sherm, Earl etc. Def. did some really stupid sh** on the field. Sure they made up for it, but still........
Who can forget the Raible call? "Bruce, nooooooooooooooooooooo"
Or the SEVERAL off sides by Bennett or late hits etc. Or Sherm and his mouth etc.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Running onto the field in the Raiders game.

That was hilarious. It was an accident. He thought the ball was dead and went to celebrate with his team. It wasn't called a penalty.

Costly penalties at untimely situations during the season

With Taylor, what costly penalty are you talking about?

He's just not a very mature player at this point of his career.

Mature in what way? Emotionally? I've met Taylor a few times, even before Seattle drafted him, and I would say he is extremely mature. Doesn't really go clubbing, doesn't get in off the field trouble, etc.

He'a never been a problem in the locker room, or on the field for that matter.

Again, this is just my opinion. I could be way off the mark, and I apologize if my opinion is deemed offensive or wrong. Mods may feel free to remove my opinions at any time.

It just seems like you are pulling stuff out of the thin air with Taylor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion, and that's great. But the fascination with blasting players and almost seemingly taking it personal, all from the couch? Seems really odd to me. We're all guilty of being frustrated with players, but damn, people double and triple down a lot.
And yes, I was tough on Barton. But it was only about his play on the field, not the type of person he is.
I mean, look at some of the comments towards Adams, Diggs, Penny, DK etc. over the years. Dayum. You'd think these guys peed in someone's cereal.
Dot net - someone is injured - they're a loser, they suck, they're not even a good player blah blah blah blah

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That was hilarious. It was an accident. He thought the ball was dead and went to celebrate with his team. It wasn't called a penalty.

Mature in what way? Emotionally? I've met Taylor a few times, even before Seattle drafted him, and I would say he is extremely mature. Doesn't really go clubbing, doesn't get in off the field trouble, etc.

I stand corrected. He's a great player mature beyond his years and I'm thankful he's on this team.

Thank you for steering me in the right direction.

Have a great day

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on Jer, you have a right to your opinion like anyone else. I just want the guy to produce a LOT more. I don't care if he break dances after a play. Just produce.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Come on Jer, you have a right to your opinion like anyone else. I just want the guy to produce a LOT more. I don't care if he break dances after a play. Just produce.
No, I clearly don't. Every time I try to state my opinion on this site I'm immediately called out. Its obvious I'm a total idiot and should just stop posting. I even clarify that I'm stating it's an opinion and I get singled out. I'm tired of it

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
You left out the other SB appearance.

Conveniently.

Sometimes I think you guys are bored and are just mad to be mad. Winning is hard in the NFL, to have a coach and GM who have consistently put a winner on the field giving us the hope and chance every year of being a good NFL team is lost on WAY too many people on here.
It's the off season. Of course, we are bored and mad.

Sweet Jesus - I started an Alien Anal Probing thread just to kill the boredom.

GGotskill

Reaction score
No, I clearly don't. Every time I try to state my opinion on this site I'm immediately called out. Its obvious I'm a total idiot and should just stop posting. I even clarify that I'm stating it's an opinion and I get singled out. I'm tired of it

Whoa. I asked what was the basis of your opinion. You gave me something that was extremely vague, and I provided a counter point. You are free to have your opinion, but in light of having a discussion, if you don't have room for your opinion to be changed (especially in light of bad information) then that's on you. No one is calling you out or singling you out.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score

I played Madden with Taylor.

Ok, so I didn't play Madden with Taylor . But if I had played some Madden I could probably have beaten Taylor .

themunn

Reaction score
Only 1 more playoff victory between 48 and now then there was between 40 and 48 (not including the 48 season in either side.)

4 playoff victories between the 40 loss and the 48 season. 5 playoff victories between the 48 win and now. 2 of those 5 in the failed 49 bid.

Also, same number of division titles in the two time spans.

You ignore that 2 of those 4 playoff victories between 40 and 48 were under Carroll also, and 1 of the divisional titles too?

Oh and in that 7 year span we also had a 4 win and a 5 win season, 4 losing seasons total, vs just 1 since 48 (still 7 wins)?

Edit, and those 5 playoff wins since 48 are only 2 less than the 7 TOTAL we had in Seahawks history. Carroll's Seahawks have 10 of our 17 total wins.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It's only because everyone else is jealous of your snazzy avatar pic.
I'm a huge fan of our NW Coast Seahawk symbol, but I wouldn't object had they used your av pic as a helmet emblem.

Xxx

Reaction score
I have had a guilty feeling for awhile . I know it sounds silly but I have to come clean with all on .net regarding stuff I've said over the last season . Many on here
Probably haven't noticed or don't care but it's for me.

1. I'm done talking about Clint Hurtt in a bad light. I've said he was stupid, fat , had no business as a defensive coordinator.
Pete Carroll sure thinks a lot of him and the least I could do is show support. I'm excited to see what he does with the upgraded personnel and a year under his belt . To go with all those cheeseburgers.
Cheeseburger…
Sorry I couldn't resist.

2. I've said stuff about DK Metcalf being immature. Getting misconduct penalties,
Dropped passes etc. The way I see it Is he has heart and maybe he gets a little caught up in the moment but I'll take that any day. He's a bad ass and I'm glad he's a Seahawk. Dude beats up corners and takes linebackers straight up.

3. I've talked about Pete Carroll. The fact is that he's a true badass and I have all the confidence that he'll get us back to the owl.looking back ,Russell Wilson was probably tough to deal with and i think him being gone improved the culture . And to all the people who want him and Mr Schneider gone...who do you suggest replacing a NCAA AND NFL champion coach with?

4. I wish #3 the best of luck. Yes , he's cringe as heck but he won a lot of games for Seattle and conducted himself as a gentleman the entire time he was here.
We got our top 5 pick and I'm moving on.
He's still a freaking dork .

I feel better now.