If i was russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPD

Reaction score
Momofantv":33cogg6v said:
If i was russell

I understand the confusion. Many people use "if I was" and "if I were" interchangeably to describe a hypothetical situation. The confusion occurs because when writing in the past tense, "I was" is correct while "I were" is incorrect. However, when writing about non-realistic or hypothetical situations, "if I were" is the only correct choice.

TAB420

Reaction score
Momofantv":2nhwvuob said:
Decimation":2nhwvuob said:
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

Does AB help us win? yes or no

We are 5-0 without him...so, no.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Momofantv":1tc77nkw said:
Decimation":1tc77nkw said:
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

Depends, can he switch to Pass Rush?, DB?....Russell Wilson HAS won the first FIVE games in a row, for the FIRST time in Seahawk History, WITH the Receivers that he has RIGHT NOW, so AB would be nice, but NOT an absolutely must have guy for Wilson to WIN games.

balakoth

Reaction score
First of all would AB help us win? Who knows? Did he help Patriots do anything while he was there? Nope.

Secondly, we are in talks to trade for a DE.. So perhaps keep up on real sports news and not the facebook feed.

Just a suggestion.

samwize77

Reaction score
To me it was a risk vs reward. I didn't want him. What does he REALLY bring that we don't already have, or are very close to having? The risk?......speaks for itself.

OP
OP
M

Momofantv

Reaction score
balakoth":3si7f9nz said:
First of all would AB help us win? Who knows? Did he help Patriots do anything while he was there? Nope.

Secondly, we are in talks to trade for a DE.. So perhaps keep up on real sports news and not the facebook feed.

Just a suggestion.

Oh what DE? I see nothing but wants and wishes, Dunlap? Not happening the bengals don’t EVER trade in season it’s happened one time ever, the falcons DE? Not happening we don’t have the capital for him and to still have a pick where it matters next year.

We’ve spent everything on Adams and dude could decide not to play here

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":2atwwflq said:
balakoth":2atwwflq said:

Just a suggestion.

Oh what DE? I see nothing but wants and wishes, Dunlap? Not happening the bengals don’t EVER trade in season it’s happened one time ever, the falcons DE? Not happening we don’t have the capital for him and to still have a pick where it matters next year.

We’ve spent everything on Adams and dude could decide not to play here

Bengals could very well buck that trend. Look at the precedents they broke in free agency this past year.

Not that its particularly relevant. I'd rather stand pat on the defensive line for now. Let Alton continue to play, keep working in Jonathan Bullard, maybe see what D'Andre Swift has got. These guys are young and have the opportunity to keep inproving, particularly Alton and Bullard. Not sure how much a trade for an over the hill rusher would really help.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Momofantv":1h8rxvln said:
Decimation":1h8rxvln said:

No.

Fade

Reaction score
Momofantv":2xe11iiy said:
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs

Fimages2Fd878619f09b6a0b8728555cb2ea37bd02Ftenor

Seattle will bend over backwards for Wilson next offseason and give him whatever he wants if they don't win the Super Bowl this season. Wilson isn't going anywhere.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OP, thanks for just lowering my IQ a few points for reading your post.

:177692:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":1gopfys7 said:
OP, thanks for just lowering my IQ a few points for reading your post.

:177692:

I know right? At what point during the 2020 season have any us been like: "Oh man this team needs more offense, they can't score."

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the visitor is a Bucs fan. Refers to Ronald Jones as Rojo, asserts Gronk is a top 5 TE currently at 75%, says they're the best team in the NFC even though they're only 2-2 in the conference.

Talking about how Seattle can't cover Tampa - could be true, could be false; we'll have to wait and see. What there is evidence of however is that Tampa's CBs can't stick with Lockett and Metcalf, as we saw Dean, Davis, Bunting get toasted here last year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Momofantv":1f0yypu3 said:
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs
Sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves.

Your proposition is hypothetical. Therefore, instead of using "was" in your subject you should have used "were", because that word is conditional in that context.

"If I were Russell Wilson" is correct.

And no, I'm not an English major. I'm a retired engineer that was taught there's one proper answer... and one correct use of grammar.

Sorry for any hurt feelings if they exist.

chris98251

Reaction score
Momofantv":mw90aj7o said:

The thing is your talking about Russell Wilson, he feels everyone has a chance at redemption and to succeed.

Good for him but also one that isn't something you fill a franchise of players with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts