If we play Russ against AZ

Elemas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":39mokwgy said:
Or we could just raise a pint before a game and wonder what the hell happened to our Hawks in 2021 :irishdrinkers:

I’m down with this.

misfit

Reaction score
Russ is playing, and nothing the Russ haters can say will stop it!

OP
OP
H

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
misfit":10jjeqmb said:
I'm certainly no Russ hater I want him to succeed. Hopefully he turns it around this week.

GO HAWKS!!!

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3v1xhoo6 said:
Or we could just raise a pint before a game and wonder what the hell happened to our Hawks in 2021 :irishdrinkers:

THIS^^^^

LTH

Reaction score
ArlosSpecial":2zzz7jqy said:
We'd be sabotaging the season. He isn't ready now and he might never be the same again. That type of injury is life altering for most. He'll probably never have the same movement as he once did and he's also missing wide open receivers that he can't see. Geno wins that game against Green Bay. I love Wilson but we need to face reality. He could be done. We need to move him this offseason while he still has a shred of trade value. What say you?

There could be an argument to trade Russ depending on what they could get for him and who they think they could get to replace him.. because the O at this point is not working efficiently and If Russ is not going to make adjustments it's two philosophy's clashing , Russ's and Carrol's that can't co exist effectively... it's just not going to work... its better, under this circumstance, to part ways and get what you can for him (lots of high draft pick plus players) and move on....

On the flip side of it, they are REALLY close to being a very good football team... I know that people don't see it! and I know that people just think this team is done and it needs to be rebuilt, GM down to the water boy But I'm telling you guys they are close... they have 2 of the three phases game rolling and there are just a few things that need to be fixed on the offense

Russ needs to make adjustments on his reads
establish the run game
3rd down conversion rate needs to be 50% or better
we need to control TOP and dictate the tempo of the game
no turn overs
stay healthy

fix these things and this team is rolling! :drool:

we will see

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":249x5daw said:
establish the run game
no turn overs
stay healthy

LTH

1. Russ needs to make adjustment? 3 OCs tried that, 2 got fired trying.
2. establish the run game?? with what? Carson's hurt, Penny been sitting,
3. 3rd down conversion rate >50%??? sure would be nice, but without 1 & 2, again how?
4. we need to control TOP??? without 3, how to get 4?
5. dictate temp???? that we should try and try hard.
6. no turn overs????? Russ has a history of protecting the ball, won't let one game influence my view.
7. stay healthy?????? Yes please, football God, please bless us with that.

amen

LTH

Reaction score
toffee":1pxhhjie said:
LTH":1pxhhjie said:
establish the run game
no turn overs
stay healthy

LTH

3. 3rd down conversion rate >50%??? sure would be nice, but without 1 & 2, again how?
6. no turn overs????? Russ has a history of protecting the ball, won't let one game influence my view.

amen

Like I said I'm not sitting in the meeting rooms so I can only say what I think.

Yeah Russ needs to make that adjustment we've been talking about... It needs to be Pete that makes that happen. The other thing is I think after watching Russ in his Press conference he seemed embarrassed by the last game and I'm sure that Pete is working with him. Russ is NOT stupid he wants to win It's my hope that the shut out humbled him to a degree and Carroll takes advantage of that and gets him to make the adjustment. Russ wants to win losing sucks he took responsibility for the loss I just think Carroll is not going to let the season float away. he is going to get in there and fix it... or they are done and they have a serious problem because it's not working the way it is and EVERYBODY knows it Pete , Russ, JS and the whole team...

Collins has been working out... the problem is what happens if Collins gets hurt? Penny? ok ... but yeah right now got to work with what they have and Collins numbers are not bad... Dallas isn't horrible and Homer can be formidable so I would say there is probably going to be a rotation to protect Collins a bit... hopefully Carson comes back this could work someone just needs to step up... and Penny is healthy he just needs to get in rhythm seems like he is a bust but the hawks only ran 11 times so he didn't get a chance... well see how that works out but for now they need to run the ball 25-30 times a game no matter who is back there. I think the point I was trying to make in a previous post is they miss Marshawn. They really need a tough durable back that gives punishment and can stay healthy... maybe that will be Collins I don't know he has been somewhat steady. maybe its Collins till Carson gets back

I think third down conversion rate and TOP will come if Russell starts checking down on 3rd down rather than going for the big play all the time... its going to help if they start running the ball more...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
LTH":2hgvhti8 said:
toffee":2hgvhti8 said:
LTH":2hgvhti8 said:
establish the run game
no turn overs
stay healthy

LTH

amen

Like I said I'm not sitting in the meeting rooms so I can only say what I think.

Yeah Russ needs to make that adjustment we've been talking about... It needs to be Pete that makes that happen. The other thing is I think after watching Russ in his Press conference he seemed embarrassed by the last game and I'm sure that Pete is working with him. Russ is NOT stupid he wants to win It's my hope that the shut out humbled him to a degree and Carroll takes advantage of that and gets him to make the adjustment. Russ wants to win losing sucks he took responsibility for the loss I just think Carroll is not going to let the season float away. he is going to get in there and fix it... or they are done and they have a serious problem because it's not working the way it is and EVERYBODY knows it Pete , Russ, JS and the whole team...

Collins has been working out... the problem is what happens if Collins gets hurt? Penny? ok ... but yeah right now got to work with what they have and Collins numbers are not bad... Dallas isn't horrible and Homer can be formidable so I would say there is probably going to be a rotation to protect Collins a bit... hopefully Carson comes back this could work someone just needs to step up... and Penny is healthy he just needs to get in rhythm seems like he is a bust but the hawks only ran 11 times so he didn't get a chance... well see how that works out but for now they need to run the ball 25-30 times a game no matter who is back there. I think the point I was trying to make in a previous post is they miss Marshawn. They really need a tough durable back that gives punishment and can stay healthy... maybe that will be Collins I don't know he has been somewhat steady. maybe its Collins till Carson gets back

I think third down conversion rate and TOP will come if Russell starts checking down on 3rd down rather than going for the big play all the time... its going to help if they start running the ball more...

LTH

I like how your mind works.

chris98251

Reaction score
Some of us have been saying this shit for years and now it seems to be a epiphany suddenly by the Yah Yah Sisterhood.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
misfit":3cdf33bu said:

He was an embarrassment last week. Not sure what your crowing about here other than your a mindless Wilson cheerleader.

Latest posts