If you could trade '05 and '13's RBs. Would you?

Alexander or Lynch

• Alexander

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Lynch

Votes: 153 93.9%

• Total voters

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I am a huge Alexander fan, but would take Lynch in a heart beat, and though MRob is good, he was never half the FB Strong was.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
here's every Alexander TD of 2005:

[youtube]BXttr6qph80[/youtube]

You tell me if Marshawn doesn't make almost every single one of those plays. maybe not a TD here or there if - and I don't honestly know - Shaun was faster than Lynch. But I'd say that if Lynch doesn't make a handful of those TDs, he makes a handful of TD's Shaun didn't make instead.

Now tell me if Shaun makes this TD:

[youtube]xSZdntRnQVg[/youtube]

Lynch would have been insane behind that oline.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I honestly don't think I'd switch out anything on that 05 team with the 13 team other than the Oline, but even then I'd take Okung at RT over Locklear.

Okay I lied, I'd kill to have DJ Hackett or Darrell Jackson on this team too.

drrew

Reaction score
It always sickens me to see the Alexander haters.

You don't run for 1880 yards and 27 touchdowns if you're 'soft'.
You don't total 16, 18, 16, 20, and 28 touchdowns in successive seasons only because of the OL.

Shaun Alexander is very clearly the best RB the Seattle Seahawks have ever had. Now, he's not my favorite RB, but he's the best. He has 2700 more yards and 50 more TD's than any other back in Seahawks history. For all the talk about him being a bad receiver, he's second only to Sherman Smith in receptions as a HB. Until Russell wins his first of many, Alexander is the only Seahawks to win NFL MVP.

He's an all time great, claiming anything else in nonsense.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1vhbfcqw said:
drrew":1vhbfcqw said:
It always sickens me to see the Alexander haters.

You don't run for 1880 yards and 27 touchdowns if you're 'soft'.
You don't total 16, 18, 16, 20, and 28 touchdowns in successive seasons only because of the OL.

Shaun Alexander is very clearly the best RB the Seattle Seahawks have ever had. Now, he's not my favorite RB, but he's the best. He has 2700 more yards and 50 more TD's than any other back in Seahawks history. For all the talk about him being a bad receiver, he's second only to Sherman Smith in receptions as a HB. Until Russell wins his first of many, Alexander is the only Seahawks to win NFL MVP.

He's an all time great, claiming anything else in nonsense.

Looking at videos and saying "Lynch would have scored on this run" blah blah blah, is just pure conjecture. I've seen Lynch make the wrong cut, or not outrun a defender to break open too many times to delude myself into thinking he would have scored on every one of those + more. Please. He's a great back and a bruiser, but be honest here. He may not have fit that team the way Shaun did.
Says the guy who CLEARLY didn't watch the video and if he did was being intellectually dishonest with himself. Shaun was clearly a very talented RB. But you watch his 28 TD's on that video and it's obvious that Lynch would have scored on nearly all of them. #13? maybe, maybe not. A handful here and there tops where it's debatable. But nearly all those TD's you could have handed it to Lynch and he'd have been in the endzone because that Oline was Just. That. Good.

That oline gets a lions share of the credit for Shaun's stats and the proof is in the pudding. I'll believe the eyeball stats thank you very much.

White Devil

Reaction score
Not about the back to me, it's more about the O-Line.

2005 Offensive Line was an amazing group, especially on the left side. I'd love to see Lynch running with some of the gaping holes Alexander ran through. Untouched for 15 yards with a safety standing between him and the goal line...I'd like his chances.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think guys like Alexander and E. Smith benefited from not just good o-lines but great ones. That's why goal-line touchdowns were money. That's also the reason that although you have to give these guys credit for being great all-time backs no matter what - I don't exactly hold them in the same regard as other great ones such as B. Sanders, J. Brown, O.J., Dickerson etc. Or even L. Tomlinson and Marshall Faulk. But they are among the best ever for sure.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ixk9c0v said:
I honestly don't think I'd switch out anything on that 05 team with the 13 team other than the Oline, but even then I'd take Okung at RT over Locklear.

Okay I lied, I'd kill to have DJ Hackett or Darrell Jackson on this team too.

Man, I had a nice post b4 phone messed up... long story short, I initially said things like Jurevicious over Jackson/Hackett, Unger over Gray, Tubbs over McDaniels, and Fisher over Clemons. Then I thought this was a fun exercise to sort of send our team back in time in 2005.

So I thought I'd create a full roster and possibly keep it cap friendly.

2012/2005 Seattle Seahawks: Days Of Our Future's Past

HC: Pete Carroll
OC: Mike Holmgren (asst. HC)
QB: Darell Bevell
RB: Sherman Smith
WR: Kippy Brown
TE: Gil Haskell
QC: Jim Zorn

DC: Dan Quinn
DL: Dwaine Board
LB: Ken Norton, JR
DB: Kris Richard
QC: John Marshall
ST: Brian Schneider

Roster:

2 QB: Wilson, Hasselbeck
3 RB: Lynch, Alexander, Michael
2 FB: Robinson, Weaver

3 WR: Jurevicious, Tate (PR), Engram
3WR: Baldwin (KR), Hackett, Kearse
3TE: Miller, Stevens, Willson

4 OT: Jones, Okung, Locklear, Bailey
4 OG: Hutch, Unger, Gray, Bowie
1 OC: Toebeck (backups Unger, Gray)

4 DE: Bennett, Bryant, Avril, Fisher
5 DTs: Mebane, Tubbs, Bernard, Mcdonald, McDaniel

4 OLBs: Wright, Hill, Smith, Irvin (LE0)
2 MLBs: Wagner Tatupu

3 CBs: Sherman, Maxwell, Thurmond
3 CBs: Trufant, Browner (ST), Lane (ST)
2 FS: Thomas, Hamlin
2 SS: Chanchellor, Manuel

3 ST: JP Darche (LS), Hauschka (K), Ryan (P)

drrew

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1cb1y8va said:
Says the guy who CLEARLY didn't watch the video and if he did was being intellectually dishonest with himself. Shaun was clearly a very talented RB. But you watch his 28 TD's on that video and it's obvious that Lynch would have scored on nearly all of them.

I counted 9 that I don't think Marshawn scores, and that includes giving him every goal line plunge, despite the fact that Shaun Alexander is regarded as one of the best goal line backs ever. 17 or 18 TD's is a fantastic season. 28 is an all time, MVP season.

Alexanders's acceleration through the hole was remarkable, something that Marshawn cannot match, and the thing that sets him apart from the many great backs in Seahawks history.

rideaducati

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1xz7ehu4 said:
I think Lynch is the most talented back to put on a Seahawks uniform. I also think he's the type of back people in Seattle wanted Shaun to be. The way Shaun was dogged here was probably unfair, but that's the truth. This Seahawks team wants to play smash mouth football. That wasn't Shaun's game. That being said, the dude was an explosive player and could hit a hole about as well anyone to play the game.

Curt Warner was a cross between Alexander and Lynch, he was almost the perfect running back.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
I get that people are mad that Alexander got a huge contract and then broke down..... but don't be delusional because Lynch had 1 out of this world run a few years ago...

In 8 years in Seattle Alexander had
9429 yards, 100 TDs rushing, 4.3 ypc
214 rec, 1511 yards and 12 TDs

Lynch has been in the league 8 years
7389 yards, 58 Tds, 4.2 ypc
202 rec, 1532 yards, 5 TDs

It is not as clear cut as the voting would make it out to be.... and at this point I would take Alexander as my back... he just seemed like a bigger threat whenever he touched the ball.

Latest posts